when to support?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 gothador_sinjunior

gothador_sinjunior
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2005 - 14:19

i be liking this game, a lot. I just wondered when would be a good time to support - after I do all the non-supporter quests, or now?

Vin (Sin)

#2 gothador_sinaarrgghh

gothador_sinaarrgghh
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2005 - 14:34

Well this is nothing to do with me, interesting choice of name though. Oh and do at least a good few of the quests before subbing I would have said. Explorer and medical assistant come in useful later as I'm sure do plenty of others I've forgotten the names of.

Might I suggest the prison quest? It's really easy :twisted:

#3 gothador_mrpointy

gothador_mrpointy
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2005 - 14:55

i be liking this game, a lot. I just wondered when would be a good time to support - after I do all the non-supporter quests, or now?

Vin (Sin)

At least do the tutorial, the explorer, medical assistance, rat demon and barbaric rage quests and put the levelups in speed. Also get as many of the nonsupporters skills as you can.

After that.. it is your choice. It is *much* easier to levelup and progress as a supporter; but you might like the nonsup challenge.

#4 gothador_sinjunior

gothador_sinjunior
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2005 - 15:06

Well this is nothing to do with me, interesting choice of name though. Oh and do at least a good few of the quests before subbing I would have said. Explorer and medical assistant come in useful later as I'm sure do plenty of others I've forgotten the names of.

Might I suggest the prison quest? It's really easy :twisted:

wow man I've seen your posts, but not till after I signed up. My name is Vin and my friends call me Sin and I'm a Junior. No relation!

#5 gothador_sephidroth

gothador_sephidroth
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2005 - 23:03

For most people, I would suggest when they have finished most of the non-supporter quests, gained a few level and gotten used to the game. However if you are doing well enough that the $5 is not an issue (like it is for some people) and you know you definately like the game, there's no reason why you need to wait. The Ring you get when you support has some nice stats for a new character, and can eisily be upgraded through a couple quests as well. Even as a supporter though, I'd still stick to working on the quests in the main gothador realm first though, some of the other realms can get pretty nasty for a very low-level character, so save them for after you finish the gothador realm quests and have a few more levels.

#6 Skallagrime

Skallagrime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 September 2005 - 00:19

level 30 would be good, be sure to have about 1.5 million in the bank, and an ultimismo key. you also need sense, detect and creature locate, other skills while nice are simply fluff.

first quests to do are charitable tendencies 1 and 2 follewed by charitable tendencies 3 and if you followed my suggestion and have the gp amount I stated in the bank, also do charitable tendencies 4 after finding a fake jewel (ask a mage to go to the rare traders in gothador for them, should run you no more than 100k)

having done that placing level ups into aps all the way (150 base aps is goodish), continue to do quests for better gear, then decide which way you will be killing things mainly

if mage, go mage class now and then go get mage frenzy, following which see if someone will help you getting multicast, then kill echos till it drops sonic echo, use this till maxed killing void critters and echos, now start using sorcery, go to the ice caves, hunt down a few ice ogres, get ice shards and set out on your own path

if warrior, dont subclass till level 300-400 when it will give you a noticibale increase in effectivity, but also work a little on ac or attack, continue to quest to get good enough gear for hunting rauvs, kill em and get frenzy (or see if you can borrow a friend/cultmate's seal)

if miner, hope for a cult that has time to run trains with you, you will need them till level 300ish (2 weeks tops if you do nothing but trains)

this is the most work YOU can do on your own without the top items

I would suggest for quests

cryptic yarr
icear slayer
Consolidated perfection

once you have 150 base aps do ultimismo grandure 1 and 2, do them back to back within 3 days, you lose the amulet for a day, but will appreciate the reward more than you will appreciate relying on the ultimismo amulet and then eventually losing it to ultimismo grandure 2 when you get around to it

before you say that a million gp is too much for you to get in the bank consider this, I'll pay you a million gp for a deimos shard f and 750k gp for a warstone if you get in touch with me on yim, both are vexing drops from gargoyles, also 150k per pearl you bring me, its attainable if you want to work for it, its attainable if you get someone to give you stuff, AND its attainable if you buy a usp from hoof and then sell it to another player for 5million gp or more (current going rate I think)

Quit your whining, I'm mining

https://drive.google...eVU&usp=sharing

#7 gothador_bonnthebard

gothador_bonnthebard
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2005 - 17:09

Well, I've only been playing the game for a few weeks, and I went supporter after finishing most of the "essential" non-supporter quests such as Explorer, Art of Attack, Med, Haystack, and definitely the Tutorial stuff. There were a few more like Haggis, Rat and prison that I never got done yet, but by that point, I was so hungry to get some class advancement and get into a cult, and fed up with getting beaten to a pulp by everything in the DF that moved, that I just went ahead and did it at about level 22.

Now I'm a happy Bard, um, hold on a sec...

16:52 27/Sep/05
Quest Completed: Enlightenment

16:52 27/Sep/05
"Welcome to our Monastery and good luck on your path of Enlightenment". You gain 5000xp and have become a Monk.

15:21 27/Sep/05
You pickup 589 gp

15:21 27/Sep/05
You hit Dark Thief for 22 points and killed it. You gain 315 xp (210 + 105 xp bonus, Rage).

... um, make that happy Bardtastic Monkified Minstrel Dude, who wanders the lands wailing on my guitar and reciting lyrics to such Gothador classics as "Carrian Ants Marching", "Ice Drake Baby" and "Hit Me With Your Best Shot", and who will be looking to run with a cult very shortly.

I say support when it just "feels right" and your credit card starts to burn a hole in your pocket. :wink: There probably is no perfectly right time to do it, but heck, I'm still mostly a noob, so what are you doing listening to me anyway? :P

#8 gothador_gethel

gothador_gethel
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2005 - 20:10

congrats on your Monk-itude. 8)

#9 gothador_bonnthebard

gothador_bonnthebard
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2005 - 15:46

Thanks, Gethel. It's quite fun to wander around randomly wailing, as well as healing friendly folk and hurting unfriendly folk!

#10 gothador_shopi

gothador_shopi
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2005 - 07:51

if warrior, dont subclass till level 300-400 when it will give you a noticibale increase in effectivity, but also work a little on ac or attack, continue to quest to get good enough gear for hunting rauvs, kill em and get frenzy (or see if you can borrow a friend/cultmate's seal)

How does it work, by the way ?
Total stats permanently ? What if someone with 10/10 HP borrows a ring of life (+100HP) , does the quest (+55 HP bonus?) and then gives back the ring ?

-----------------------------
GoW:
The Warrior Class

The warrior class specializes in hand-to-hand combat, bolstering his strength and damage, while sacraficing his magical abilities.

Min Dmg: +25%
Max Dmg: +25%
HP: +50%
AC: +25%
MP: -75%
Spell Max Lvls: -50%

NOTE: These stat changes affect your total stats (base stats + equipped stats) permanently.
-------------------------------------------

#11 gothador_mrpointy

gothador_mrpointy
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2005 - 15:39

How does it work, by the way ?
Total stats permanently ? What if someone with 10/10 HP borrows a ring of life (+100HP) , does the quest (+55 HP bonus?) and then gives back the ring ?

Then that person would have 10hp * 1,5% = 15 hp.
If he gets the ring back again it would be (10hp + 100hp) * 1,5 = 165 hp.
If he then also gets a +90 hp ring[1] it would be (10 + 100 + 90) * 1,5 = 200 hp * 1,5 = 300 hp.
If he unequips the rings it will be 15 hp again.

So the bonus is recalculated each time your hp changes - and there is no need to up your hp before going warrior.

Another example:

The increases are relative - if you subclass warrior with damage 100 and then pour 900 leveluppoints in it you will have 1000+ 25% =1250 and not (100+25%) +900 = 1025 dmg. So waiting for a day when the increases are bigger is not necessary

Read here for more info: http://forum.gothado...pic.php?t=15461 (scroll down for subclasses).

[1] No, this doesn't exist, but it saves me maths :P

#12 gothador_shopi

gothador_shopi
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2005 - 21:02

If he then also gets a +90 hp ring[1] it would be (10 + 100 + 90) * 1,5 = 200 hp.

[1] No, this doesn't exist, but it saves me maths :P

Maybe (10 + 100 + 90) * 1,5 even makes 300 HP :wink:

Ok, got it, it's sort of a permanent skill, not a one-shot bonus. Thanks.

#13 gothador_mrpointy

gothador_mrpointy
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2005 - 05:52

Maybe (10 + 100 + 90) * 1,5 even makes 300 HP :wink:

*hides in shame* :oops:

Ohwell, as they say in astrophysics: "it is the same order of magnitude" :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: