#201 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:57

Edited by activeh1, 26 November 2017 - 04:58.

5aZzW0p.png,

#202 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:58

now I have lots of apps with much better intergroup warfare I dont know if they can ever get me back.

can u pm me in game with some of them getting frustrated myself ?

Edited by activeh1, 26 November 2017 - 04:59.

5aZzW0p.png,

#203 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:05

can u pm me in game with some of them getting frustrated myself ?

Sorry but I wont break that rule, its out of respect. Needless to say there are millions of apps out there and I dont have a lot of faith that its going go save FS unless "the bleeding stops".

But since I gave them a spoonful of ground glass to help the medicine go down on my last post Id like to add a bit more with the hopeful and optimistic side,,,

Some may ask "why are you still here then,, for that matter after nearly 3 years why did you coe back then?"

Because it does and always did have potential here. I think if a few things are fixed first such as the multis, the inactives on top lists given protection and etc as well as a little tlc and a couple upgrades that preps for ATA (things like this idea should be fully tested with the vets before trying to app it!) and a couple things getting us to tell everyone outside this realm about how much is going on again.

And then,, if you build it they will come. On that note,, as part of the ATA world of FS how about a one time pardon for all but the serious offenders? I think in many cases someone screwed up and only because they got termed and now have to look out for the hammer all the time and go through lots of hoops to hide IP and etc that we have such a problem with the reoccouring and disruptive multis. At the very least it goes with the stiffer punishment I spoke of, not only the offender but those who are encouraging and enabling them. Cheats have cost the game more players than anything else including the casual player who got bored and moved on. It brings down everything anyone who legitly plays does. 

#204 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:50

i think this is just what we need. I like it

#205 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:54

Like stated in 11 pages gvg needs rework but like stated in those 11 pages it will be finished after the app is finished but like stated by HCS there is nothing to report on app updates. I wish they got to this on the road map they had.

#206 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 13 December 2017 - 15:38

First of all, let me be honest in saying I didn’t read all 10.5 pages so far, so if I’m reiterating some things, I apologize.

Stealing your format, Rye <3

Format: The idea of seasons sounds wonderful. It would definitely bring a competitive side out of the guilds who actively participate in GvG now and should breath some air into it for the guilds that don’t. The amended 3 month season with 1 month tournament seems like a grand idea as well - a timeframe that is long enough to give everyone a fair chance to make that top 25. Having seasons would garner more attention overall, I feel, and keep the conflicts going.

Recognition: Guild Trophies. Yes. They’re small enough that they warrant very little benefit overall, but still provide a sense of pride.

I’m going to add to this, though. Whatever happened to Guild Accomplishments? In introducing seasons and the trophies/medals that could go along with it, what about adding (a) Guild Accomplishment(s) to go with them? Win X seasons? Place top 25 in X seasons? Obviously the reward for completing the accomplishments would be in line with the accomplishments already presented but catered more towards how the accomplishment was achieved. Maybe something along the lines of: “Increase Duration of RP buff packages by 120 minutes?”

Player Medals concurrent with Guild Trophies? Yes, again, if for nothing else but for pride and for use with Pride. Another way to increase potion duration is never a bad thing. In fact, it helps tremendously in all facets of the game.

Rewards: It may not be a popular opinion, but this is also a perfect way to introduce new RP items. Make them worthwhile, though. They don’t have to be used to invent epics. Look at the top few GvG guilds - how many use epics the way those who don’t GvG do? I’m not saying they CAN’T be used to invent epics, but new GvG/PvP oriented sets/potions would be nice as well. With as many items that are floating around in-game, using resources from the PvP ladder or whatever else may be, could also be an option. This helps the market for those items as well. Watch the trade between players commence, right?

With the Trophies, I saw where it was talked about doubling or tripling RP gain. I think that’s a big no-no. Not because it diminishes the value of RP, but because double and triple just seems like too much in general. A flat rate increase of 5-10 would be okay, though. Yes, I’m aware that 10 would still be a triple RP gain of a standard 50 hit conflict, but to gain 60 from a 100-hit conflict is too much. A marginal 5-10 increase for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places seems more than fair. Even then, an 100-hit conflict garners 25-30 RP.

As I read some, the top 25 would still be able to GvG those outside the top 25 for normal RP without rating transfer. I completely agree with this. This will cut out farming those guilds who don’t care or weren’t quite able to make it for rating gain. In addition to this, I read where RP gain would be halved against guild who have less than 1,000 Rating. Why not take this one step further to cut out obsessive farming? 900-999 is 1/2 RP gain, and under 900 would be 0 gain. It is a competitive aspect of the game, and making it so those who really have no desire to participate don’t have to get hit after X losses and 101 Rating loss. Not to mention in doing this, you cut out RP farmers and make them hit people who might care a little and, at the very least, would buff one or two of their guild mates.

Added Bits: Updated RP buff packs NEED to be added. Rye addressed it, so I’m just reiterating, but they are long out-dated. As I’ve said above, this is a competitive scene. Let’s keep it that way.

Rye, you also talked about only gaining RP for the initiator if the initiator wins. This is how it currently is and needs to stay. Nobody should gain RP on ties. The fact you didn’t lose rating should be enough.

Overall, this is well thought out, and I support it. Obviously with a few tweaks, but it will definitely breath air back into a dead aspect of the game. Wonderful job, Rye.

Edited by Toreth, 13 December 2017 - 21:40.

#207 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 17:56

The big question looming in everyone's minds now is why must we wait for the app to fix a part of game that had scheduled maintenance that never happened dating back to May of 2014. Do they really feel it's wise to introduce the game to large numbers of potential newcomers then go, ohhh, now we can put time and effort into a part of the game since that's done rather then demonstrate stability in having systems set that the new people can embark on. No, get them in and then start changing things. Just sounds crazy to me.

#208 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 18:14

The big question looming in everyone's minds now is why must we wait for the app to fix a part of game that had scheduled maintenance that never happened dating back to May of 2014. Do they really feel it's wise to introduce the game to large numbers of potential newcomers then go, ohhh, now we can put time and effort into a part of the game since that's done rather then demonstrate stability in having systems set that the new people can embark on. No, get them in and then start changing things. Just sounds crazy to me.

Been saying that for the longest time. Still waiting on v0.2... I'd love a gvg overhaul but i don't see it for atleast 2-3 years.

Edited by Mutiny Raid Boss, 13 December 2017 - 18:17.

#209 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2017 - 17:24

Been saying that for the longest time. Still waiting on v0.2... I'd love a gvg overhaul but i don't see it for atleast 2-3 years.

While I do feel both of the statements here hold merit, I know the cows are busy and have their priorities set on their business model. Not saying I don't have personal opinions about what should come first - just stating that they have things ordered on their end according to what they feel is a priority, and unfortunately, GvG probably isn't that high of a priority for them.

That being said, I'd still like to bump this up as it feels like a lot of these ideas and concepts have garnered the attention of not only the GvG/PvP crowd, but there is also positive feedback from those across the Top 3 Leveling guilds in the game as well. If there is any topic that seems like people from all facets of the game agree on, I feel like it's this.

Please, moo-moo's. Can you give some insight on your thoughts on this topic? Maybe point out some positives and negatives on what you think could be done? Your ideas on some adjustments, too?

Like I said, from the population that is around, this has overwhelming positive attention in the fact that everyone agrees that things need to be done. We just need you, now, cows.

#210 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 17:34

100% ignoring FS will eventually lead to it's demise and it's been their reliable cash cow for so many years. Now it might not be yielding much but maybe because we have been ignored for years! I'll continue to use my voice on here until maybe they add some small things. We aren't even asking for much.

#211 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2017 - 17:44

Except Fallen Sword has never been ignored. Never. There's always work being done on it. Please don't try to get yet another topic locked, thanks.

~ Grim

#212 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 17:58

Last topic i'd like to see locked as there is mountains of gold in here.

Edited by EpicPiety, 14 December 2017 - 19:10.

#213 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 21:27

Last topic i'd like to see locked as there is mountains of gold in here.

oh my!  let me get my little red wagon.....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#214 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:29

I'd like a GvG revamp, and I've admired Rye's ideas and his commitment to thorough discussion in the past.

But I see why no updates until after the app. They have to make the entire existing game work in the app first, and then any updates after that will hopefully easier to code into the app. That's my hope anyway. If they did some updates now in the base game, it just adds to the pile of stuff to be adapted/converted into app functionality. I can see why they wouldn't want to go there.

Developer time is clearly limited, or the app would already be done. Therefore I think we're stuck with the app's release before anything on the FS honey-do list gets done.

And I'm guessing after the app is out and the dust is settled quite a few requests will come along sounding rather like this:

"Hoof, now that you're done with the app, I really think it's time X aspect of the game got addressed..."

I remain in slightly broken torpor until the app awakens me...

Edited by Belaric, 15 December 2017 - 03:30.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#215 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:51

I'd like a GvG revamp, and I've admired Rye's ideas and his commitment to thorough discussion in the past.

But I see why no updates until after the app. They have to make the entire existing game work in the app first, and then any updates after that will hopefully easier to code into the app. That's my hope anyway. If they did some updates now in the base game, it just adds to the pile of stuff to be adapted/converted into app functionality. I can see why they wouldn't want to go there.

Developer time is clearly limited, or the app would already be done. Therefore I think we're stuck with the app's release before anything on the FS honey-do list gets done.

And I'm guessing after the app is out and the dust is settled quite a few requests will come along sounding rather like this:

"Hoof, now that you're done with the app, I really think it's time X aspect of the game got addressed..."

I remain in slightly broken torpor until the app awakens me...

Following that logic then surely updates after the app will take time to update the app with too. It's a never ending battle. So why not remedy the game first then release the app. People are upset waiting so long. At this point in time i'd be perfectly okay with no app at all and whatever effort they are putting into the app go into the game. Since this game is so old and they apparently aren't going to set up a server 2 to go with the app the app will just be for essentially existing player QoL. New people aren't really gonna wanna start in a game where people are almost decades ahead of them literally. For sure some will don't get me wrong but the vast majority probably not. People like joining with an equal advantage. Where is the thrill in joining and knowing you will never be a top quality player unless A. you spend a few years or B. Spend say 20-30k USD. There are mountains of great ideas proposed by the community over the past 5 years. I hope at least 2% of them come to see the light of day.

IMO the only way the app will be super successful is if indeed it starts fresh and FS splits into two servers. Which HCS very well might understand but don't want to tell us until the app is released who knows. Again i and everyone else will continue to wait for how much longer who knows. I just hope GvG is towards the top of the list after the app because it's long needed some attention.

#216 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:04

Let's stay on topic, yes? The GvG idea. Not scaremongering.

Cheers.

~ Grim

#217 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:26

Was the existing code for season's trashed or does HCS still have a backup of it. I can see some of the ideology from seasons being brought over to GvG. IE it chooses your opponent for you so you can't pray on the weak opponents. Will be slightly more competitive. From what i understand gvg'ers want more competition. IMO there is way too many idea's running in the 10-11 pages of this thread. I'm interested in what vision HCS has for GvG after reading through the thread.

Edited by EpicPiety, 15 December 2017 - 12:29.

#218 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:42

I'm 99% sure we have all of the Seasons Code in storage, yeah. It was the intent that we'd retro fit it to be a PvP event, which might be cool. Opt in, of course.

Wish it had been given a fairer shout to be honest.

~ Grim

#219 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 13:01

I'm 99% sure we have all of the Seasons Code in storage, yeah. It was the intent that we'd retro fit it to be a PvP event, which might be cool. Opt in, of course.

Wish it had been given a fairer shout to be honest.

~ Grim

IMO it's a better event. Whose to say it can't be a few weeks long each time it comes.

#220 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 13:08

If GvG gets revamped, I hope that the revamp is in such way that any guild can benefit from it, and not just the top guilds. This is something I really like about the current system, each guild is able to earn those special shinies you can get from it.

If that would not apply anymore, I think it would be bad for the game, and you end up fixing it anyway like was done with the titans. (cooldown) Which, I agree with, as I think all guilds should be able to have access to special items, otherwise we will end up seeing a few guilds dominating and more guilds die.

And really this game needs more active guilds rather than less.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: