5 replies to this topic

#1 Dillias

Dillias

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 January 2014 - 16:44

I have recently achieved level 40 and not once have I ever received a quest reward (apart from jewelry) that was superior to any of my gear. One example I can think of is that when I had the level 30 crafted Argent Great-sword, I did this quest and i got a level 35 (can't remember the exact level) 2-handed Scythe which in comparison to the crafted weapon I already possessed, was terrible.

I believe making quest rewards more worthwhile will encourage players to actually start and finish them. Such as increasing the weapons/armors stats, DPS, attack power etc. I understand that the sets need should be generally superior to quest items because of the grind it takes to get it (e.g. Zephyr/Battle-gear items for a Warrior/Templar at level 35/40. But i suggest making the weapons and shields that you can receive from quests superior to the weapons/shields from lower level instances. An example would be if there was a level 33-35 quest and the end reward was a shield, said shield should be better or at least on par with the level 30 crafted shield.

I understand that the level 30 gear requires a lot of lesser flakes to craft etc. But this could be countered by increasing the difficulty/duration of the quest that gives you this item.

Another game I have a lot of experience playing that i can relate this suggestion to would be Runescape (Before RS3) Where, for example, you had to level a bunch of professions for a quest that gives you a powerful weapon (Korasi Sword). And this weapon was on par, if not superior than the weapons that you could wield at the same level.

This would give the game variety. Currently every level 30-39 Warrior i see, is using the Argent Great-sword. The only difference is that some have the level 30 crafted armor (Mercenary set) and some have the level 35 dungeon gear (Zephyr set). And the differences between these sets are miniscule. The Zephyr set is barely better than the Mercenary set. Shouldn't it be superior, seeing as there is a 5 level gap between them?

Just my suggestions, please feel free to leave your own opinions below in a comment.

Selling friendship, 50 ep per hour.

GET IN FAST

#2 SHUTTLER

SHUTTLER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2014 - 16:48

I accept . Some quests have to be made tough/long and better gear should be the reward .

#3 Untouchable

Untouchable

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 16:51

I agree finishing a quest line should hook it up with a great item of your choice based on any class build weapons armor etc.

#4 Maquiboy

Maquiboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2014 - 17:06

i disagree.  Quests are too easy too do so cheap gear as reward is perfect

instances are hard and give better gear so its ok

Weaponsmiths/armorsmiths takes days to upgrade so it should be the way to have superior gears

#5 Dillias

Dillias

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 January 2014 - 17:21

i disagree.  Quests are too easy too do so cheap gear as reward is perfect

instances are hard and give better gear so its ok

Weaponsmiths/armorsmiths takes days to upgrade so it should be the way to have superior gears

I am suggesting increasing the difficulty and duration of quests so that receiving better gear would be worth going through the long quests and they wouldn't be too easy to obtain 

Selling friendship, 50 ep per hour.

GET IN FAST

#6 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 18:11

totaly agree with this (it goes along with what i've posted many times about all kinds of gear)

i REALY would love to see more diversity in the gear as it is every caster is wearing the same set, every ranged is wearing the same set... 

lets get some options for people, improve quest gear, give some crafted gear with RARE mats some random bonus's like the rare weapon drops, same with random dropped gear... or heck any other changes HCS or someone else can think of that will diversify the gear thats actualy usable and on par with the set pieces...  

OR

even just more sets 2-3 sets for each 5 levels that focus on different things and can be obtained in different ways

lets say we have our dungeon set as is now with streight up stat bonus's

a full crafted set for each type that has something like single target skill bonus's (like mage set +2% dmg to single target skills)

Quest set that can be obtained through lengthy quest chains with possible exp/gold buff's 

Random drop set only gotten through random mob drops with something like AoE buff's 

but yeah need to make equipment more versitile randomness would probably be the easiest as it wouldn't require coding in whole new equipment but anything that allows verity in what we equip would be GREAT :)

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: