21 replies to this topic

#1 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:45

We need a major gold sink in the game right now. we really do.

so what i thought of is make available a npc that has the ability to fuse different weapons dice rolls into one.[AT A HUGE COST] obviously.not only this would make everyone want to do it , but will also act as a major gold sink that is really needed.

make a npc available for it so that IT BECOMES A GOLD SINK.[making it as a type of skill will not be a gold sink that we require]

But being able to fuse haste and crit attack power in one essence is something that everyone would want!

So u get a lvl 40 essence, with haste on it, and u find a lvl 40 ess with crit attack power.. and you are able to combine them? Who wouldnt do that , it will be worth spending money on it.

Edited by xpw4ste, 18 January 2014 - 10:47.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#2 Kaputz

Kaputz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:53

I will take the bullet. I'm prepared to be everyone's gold sink to help the community.

Please feel free to give me all your gold, I'm crap poor.  :(

PS. Bags needed too (more so than gold infact)

Edited by Kaputz, 18 January 2014 - 10:56.

#3 Webeg

Webeg

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:44

I agree there is a need for some more gold sinks :>

#4 Kaputz

Kaputz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:51

I'm online right now *cough*

#5 Dalski

Dalski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 13:29

Player Houses with literal gold sinks available for purchase?  Gotta wash my gold plates somewhere.

I bet people would buy houses for quite a lot of gold.

Gold to EP vendor - the price will always be more than what players will trade for, but players don't often sell EP for gold.  

I bet people would spend lots of gold to purchase some EP.

On the other hand, we could do like EVE online does with their PLEX.  Pay like 1k (or whatever works) gold and get supporter status for two weeks or a month (or maybe just an xp boost or SOME kind of reward) and maybe some potions or whatever.  

That way people will actually use their gold and get the additional XP, but will probably still buy EP for vanity items, sacks, backpacks, packs, etc.

Edited by Dalski, 18 January 2014 - 13:30.

#6 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 13:32

It's always a good idea to brainstorm ways to create gold sinks, because no matter what MMO you play, currency inflation happens inevitably!

About that combining stat rolls though...sure, everyone would want to have an essence with EVERYTHING on it, but that doesn't sound so hot for game balance.

Now, spending gold on re-rolling, on the other hand...that might be food for thought.

#7 Empathia

Empathia

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 January 2014 - 13:40

Mmm .. I must be doing something wrong.  :huh:

I'm not skint, but never have so much gold that I need to sink it .. maybe that comes with a higher lvl?

#8 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 14:52

the only reason of people selling ep @ ridiculous ratio is cuz of the amount of gold that level 40 had made and now are being greedy about it.

inflation is there always, inevitable, though to balance it out in the correct way should always be a motive of the developers.

previously:

#9 Kaputz

Kaputz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 18:15

Your Gold Sink is online and waiting. Not a single pm yet, I'm disappointed. I've been waiting all day for someone to sink their gold into me (sounds deeply wrong I know)

#10 Telivar

Telivar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:23

Have you guys even tried upgrading your gems yet?

www.soundcloud.com/marrow-machines

^electronic music page^

My mixtape is fire fam.

#11 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:44

i havent though, just wondering many 40's have and still they are able to earn so much ?

previously:

#12 Ultimecia

Ultimecia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:16

overall just easy to make gold in this game, not just for 40s... I had over 1kgold before i even go to level 35. once i hit lvl 40 i was sitting on almost 4k gold...

#13 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:33

There are deep gold sinks I think we're pretty good on them, but it's always nice to have optional sinks in other ways.

Gem fusing and repairs (if not using kits) will be a solid gold sink at end-game, most level 40's such as myself are holding back on going all out of gems until atleast level 45 and possibly level 50 content are released, so we have gold piling up.

The players with large amounts of gold are classes such as warrior or mage and are aoe grinding mobs with or without loot boosters for the purpose of gaining gold. Other players such as myself are doing only Tr (level 40 instance) as our gold income, it's a slow but steady increase.

I've never bought gold or sold EP in my Eldevin career, granted I'm a supporter but it's still very easy to maintain and build a nice gold pool.

Edited by Neon, 19 January 2014 - 10:34.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#14 Webeg

Webeg

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:51

There are deep gold sinks I think we're pretty good on them, but it's always nice to have optional sinks in other ways.

Gem fusing and repairs (if not using kits) will be a solid gold sink at end-game, most level 40's such as myself are holding back on going all out of gems until atleast level 45 and possibly level 50 content are released, so we have gold piling up.

The players with large amounts of gold are classes such as warrior or mage and are aoe grinding mobs with or without loot boosters for the purpose of gaining gold. Other players such as myself are doing only Tr (level 40 instance) as our gold income, it's a slow but steady increase.

I've never bought gold or sold EP in my Eldevin career, granted I'm a supporter but it's still very easy to maintain and build a nice gold pool.

Besides gems in their current state are not really that interesting/worth sinking that much gold into atleast for me as a mage...

There is no haste gem for my weapon and I dont need that extra 500 defense, the only thing I am considering is getting 10% move speed, but that can wait untill 45 :>

#15 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:55

Besides gems in their current state are not really that interesting/worth sinking that much gold into atleast for me as a mage...

There is no haste gem for my weapon and I dont need that extra 500 defense, the only thing I am considering is getting 10% move speed, but that can wait untill 45 :>

They are very much worth investing in, attack power/weapon damage and defense gems will be useful for end-game pvp and for forming the best groups for world bosses, instances, trials and arena scenarios.

If anything the movement speed is one of the least useful gems.

Edited by Neon, 19 January 2014 - 10:56.

a5kwtf.png

#16 Webeg

Webeg

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:11

They are very much worth investing in, attack power/weapon damage and defense gems will be useful for end-game pvp and for forming the best groups for world bosses, instances, trials and arena scenarios.

If anything the movement speed is one of the least useful gems.

Well with defense gems Id get around 5% more defense I figure and that is in only one stat... I get better overall def with equiping a shield :>

As for attack power/weapon dmg its a waste to hoard those two on  a mage if you can get 10% more haste from the blue TR items with random stat rolls.

#17 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:22

Well with defense gems Id get around 5% more defense I figure and that is in only one stat... I get better overall def with equiping a shield :>

As for attack power/weapon dmg its a waste to hoard those two on  a mage if you can get 10% more haste from the blue TR items with random stat rolls.

Many mmos end-game content and being "the best" you can be rely on maxing your stats, that will be achievable through gems.

I know for a fact players interested in pvp will have to get the "best in slot" gems to maximize their advantage over others.

As I said that some players are ignoring gems at the current level because it would be a waste, some blue items will be better than heroics but no blue item will be better than a heroic slotted with a maximum tier gem (unless they can magically roll another stat which a heroic misses out on).

a5kwtf.png

#18 Roshr

Roshr

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 14:29

When they will add new content (lvl 40-45-50) make fees for upgrading lvl.
For example - you need to exp your way from 40-41 and than pay 1k gold for passing to lvl 41.

If you refuse to pay the money, you wont get any xp from hunting and quests.
Make it: 41-1k, 42-1,1k, 42-1,2k.....50-2k golds

I think that this would be a nice gold sink ;-)

#19 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2014 - 14:33

When they will add new content (lvl 40-45-50) make fees for upgrading lvl.
For example - you need to exp your way from 40-41 and than pay 1k gold for passing to lvl 41.

If you refuse to pay the money, you wont get any xp from hunting and quests.
Make it: 41-1k, 42-1,1k, 42-1,2k.....50-2k golds

I think that this would be a nice gold sink ;-)

Terrible idea..

a5kwtf.png

#20 Telivar

Telivar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:20

Just wait, as it is right now the ramp may not seem steep but it will be once you get closer to the goal they want and beyond. if you play every day and focus on gaining gold, you'll be rolling in it. It's very much about play style and the frequency of activities.

www.soundcloud.com/marrow-machines

^electronic music page^

My mixtape is fire fam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: