• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:04

After some attempts to figure out exactly how the Stouthearted talent works, it appears that the talent has no effect currently, unless it has a hidden modifier that does not display on the character stat window.

Equipping heavy armor with 3/3 Stouthearted appears to give no bonus armor or bonus armor defense %.

Could you look into this? Thanks!

See the post below. :)

Edited by huhbum, 22 January 2014 - 06:01.

#2 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:18

Okay, after further testing, I figured some things out.

Stouthearted armor bonus to heavy armor does not apply until you equip more than one piece of Heavy Armor. If you simply equip one piece of Heavy Armor, you will get no bonus armor(which was how I was testing it initially).

Once you have equipped more than one piece of Heavy Armor, the Stouthearted bonus begins to apply, but here's where it gets weird. Not only does the bonus not quite add up to 6% armor(it's closer to 5%), but the bonus armor actually varies slightly based on the last piece of heavy armor that you equip!

I could get armor values between 2074 and 2092 armor if I equipped my full set of armor, depending on which armor piece I would equip last(sixth). The lower the armor of the final piece of equipment, the higher the total armor value.

Raw data:

Battlegear Platemail - 508 armor

Battlegear Greaves - 381 armor

Battlegear Helm - 381 armor

Battlegear Boots - 254 armor

Battlegear Gloves - 254 armor

Improved Iron Belt - 208 armor

Theoretical armor total w/o Stouthearted - 1986 armor

Theoretical Stouthearted bonus of 6% bonus to 1986 armor - 2105.16 armor

Stouthearted 3/3, Platemail equipped last - 2074 armor

Stouthearted 3/3, Helm or Greaves equipped last - 2082 armor

Stouthearted 3/3, Gloves or Boots equipped last - 2089 armor

Stouthearted 3/3, Belt equipped last - 2092 armor

At least, Stouthearted isn't as broken as I originally thought, but there's something very strange going on!

Update: Even stranger, when I go and equip a shield, and then unequip it, my armor total is 2105, which is what it should be. I think Stouthearted is simply bugged in that it doesn't properly calculate your first, or last, piece of Heavy Armor.

After further testing, I would consider this to be a low-priority bug fix.

Edited by huhbum, 20 January 2014 - 13:53.

#3 Dillias

Dillias

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:25

I thought this skill only gave you a 6% increase on bonus armor that you already have (e.g having the full battlegear set equipped for +10 melee/vitality/energy)

Selling friendship, 50 ep per hour.

GET IN FAST

#4 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:29

I thought this skill only gave you a 6% increase on bonus armor that you already have (e.g having the full battlegear set equipped for +10 melee/vitality/energy)

According to the tooltip, it should work with all Heavy Armor items. If it worked as you suggested, it would give less than one bonus melee/vitality/energy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: