#1 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 02 December 2021 - 21:00

With the Christmas Box now available to be viewed, I’d like to take a moment to make a few small requests from the cows before it’s much too late.

Request 1:

In reference to Vitality - again, the idea behind the buff here is wonderful. HP is overlooked a lot, and this changes things a great deal - all around a 5/5 buff.

• Suggestion

• Christmas Gift From Cows = Free Player Reset

• While I know this will likely get overlooked, when adding a buff like this, it changes the fundamental way things function all around. Vitality being added means some may no longer need Level Up Points in specific areas, so experimentation could help bolster activity across many facets given a player reset for people to toy around with. Plus, has this ever been given out as a gift? And if it has, how long has it been?

Request 2:

In reference to the Christmas Libation Epic Potion itself - 3/4 of the potion is wonderful. Mesmerize is a bit confusing

• Suggestion

• Change Mesmerize to Chi Strike, Fortitude, High Guard, or even Riposte to match the addition of Golden Shield; even changing it to something a little more “all-around” focused as opposed to something that’s strictly mob focused in Mesmerize.

Request 3:

The addition of the buffs here have piqued interest in their overall function in how combat is going to play out, so why not adding them in other areas as well?

• Suggestion

• Vitality and All For One Added to the Skill Tree at the High End (EoC)

• Vitality and All For One: Inventable potions at level 250 to inject some activity back into the inventing facet as well.

• New skills in the skill tree are long overdue, and inventing potions have been long outdone by other things; this could be a breath of fresh air for both of those things.

All in all, the new potion looks well done, and with the minor tweaks given suggestions, I’d happily scream “take my money HCS!”

Edited by Toreth, 02 December 2021 - 21:02.

#2 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 02:04

I've played this game for 14+ years.. we never once got a free attribute reset, and it's about time.. I have 7 points in armor and 12 in defense hahaha..I was a teenager when I allocated those points.. wasn't even old enough to buy a beer!

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 02:44

Right? you need to add more

#4 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 03:51

I've been stacking HP since Ageless ...

...To be fair, the fact that there's no skills for 4000/5000 is embarrassing.. I saw handfuls of buffs in the Xmas container that aren't player casted. they seem to be the same as last year???? the fact that so many buffs were added to the auction house 'buff' list YEARSSSS ago has been insulting since the start.. they have been there since when? how long before they were even in the game???.. y'all BARELY at 5000.. look at the top player.. every level gives 5 skill points yes no?how levels before every buff is maxed?

Edited by RebornJedi, 03 December 2021 - 03:54.

#5 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 December 2021 - 04:32

...To be fair, the fact that there's no skills for 4000/5000 is embarrassing.. I saw handfuls of buffs in the Xmas container that aren't player casted. they seem to be the same as last year???? the fact that so many buffs were added to the auction house 'buff' list YEARSSSS ago has been insulting since the start.. they have been there since when? how long before they were even in the game???.. y'all BARELY at 5000.. look at the top player.. every level gives 5 skill points yes no?how levels before every buff is maxed?

hehe, you are quite right RJ, peeps been prodding em for years, guess cows arent in a hurry, thats good tho, entitles me to be the same in my own kingdom, if i really even want to tho, prob not...

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 05:02

Yea buffs that are now exclusive to xmas box wouldn't be so bad brought to castable

#7 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 December 2021 - 09:44

Our perhaps a conversion of skill points into stat points would be good, maybe 100 skill points for 2 stat points?

#8 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 December 2021 - 10:09

HI there.

Please take talk of castable skills elsewhere and don't derail this topic. 

Request 1:

Suggestion

Christmas Gift From Cows = Free Player Reset
I can suggest it.

Request 2:

In reference to the Christmas Libation Epic Potion itself - 3/4 of the potion is wonderful. Mesmerize is a bit confusing.

Suggestion

Change Mesmerize to Chi Strike, Fortitude, High Guard, or even Riposte to match the addition of Golden Shield; even changing it to something a little more “all-around” focused as opposed to something that’s strictly mob focused in Mesmerize.
We're generally loath to change things when there have already been purchases made already.

All in all, the new potion looks well done, and with the minor tweaks given suggestions, I’d happily scream “take my money HCS!”

Glad you like the new buffs and potion (for the most part.)

~ Grim

#9 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 14:05

We're generally loath to change things when there have already been purchases made already.

You can always keep Mesmer and add. Mesmerize won't be used too often. There really isn't many creatures that justify using. Food for thought

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 December 2021 - 15:45

You can always keep Mesmer and add. Mesmerize won't be used too often. There really isn't many creatures that justify using. Food for thought

I have exactly zero issue ADDING a buff. Which one works best?

~ Grim

#11 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 December 2021 - 16:03

high guard for sure!

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 16:07

I would say Riposte maybe around level 400 (only 192% duelist). HG is widely available in Eggs and I feel riposte is a bit premium.

However i wouldn't quite say no to HG, but given eggs are a thing.

#13 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 December 2021 - 16:21

I'm inclined to go with Riposte. High Guard is on a Dragon, as EP said and I prefer they remain relevant.

~ Grim

#14 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 December 2021 - 16:22

BG, what did u think of Toreth's third request?

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 December 2021 - 16:27

BG, what did u think of Toreth's third request?

Purposeful not answered that as I'm a touch too busy to go into it.

~ Grim

#16 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 December 2021 - 16:28

keep in mind GS already overdoes one dragon egg, i also doubt 99% of players are gonna drop down use of this box over a dragon egg, obvious stated i will say riposte is also useful, i doubt it will really be much bang for buck at lvl 400 tho :-)

#17 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 December 2021 - 16:45

edit: deleted.

common consensus is riposte 400 is fine BG! 450 if u want my opinion.

Edited by Undjuvion, 03 December 2021 - 17:11.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: