116 replies to this topic

#41 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 21:17

Since we are asking, could I request a GvG wins counter on ones bio, retrospective of course. The amount of gold donated to Guild Bank (not taxed). Number of groups joined, number of relics captured,  total number of pm's sent, total number of pm's received. Total number of buffs cast, amount of gold sold in FSP market. FSP gained from FSP market. Feel free to make other suggestions folks.

Cheers.

wil72

#42 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 02:57

Honestly don't see the need to throw it up on profile.. Im level 25 do i care if you know that.. nope.. most who are high level composing already have it wrote in there bio and have a shiny diamond medal to compliment there hard effort to achieve that level 60 composing... Then again if you really want to go through coding everything to set this up more power to you no one cares what level you are except guildmates

#43 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:06

Honestly don't see the need to throw it up on profile.. Im level 25 do i care if you know that.. nope.. most who are high level composing already have it wrote in there bio and have a shiny diamond medal to compliment there hard effort to achieve that level 60 composing... Then again if you really want to go through coding everything to set this up more power to you no one cares what level you are except guildmates

I "suspect" it's a VERY simple change to add - heck, Arena Wins are already doubled - simply replace the "arena wins" under "Character Stats" with Composing Level and leave the other "arena wins" entry where it is, under "pvp stats".

That said, there is, of course, stuff that's far more important to fix / update / deliver - stuff that's been promised on more than one occasion that has still to see the light of day ...

There's a fine line, I think, between reminding the cows about stuff and they're appreciative of the reminder and reminding the cows and getting the "yes, we know, we're fully aware of it" comments.

I just wish the latter comment was un-necessary - that promised stuff was actually delivered..

But, that's going off-topic :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#44 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:19

I "suspect" it's a VERY simple change to add - heck, Arena Wins are already doubled - simply replace the "arena wins" under "Character Stats" with Composing Level and leave the other "arena wins" entry where it is, under "pvp stats".

That said, there is, of course, stuff that's far more important to fix / update / deliver - stuff that's been promised on more than one occasion that has still to see the light of day ...

There's a fine line, I think, between reminding the cows about stuff and they're appreciative of the reminder and reminding the cows and getting the "yes, we know, we're fully aware of it" comments.

I just wish the latter comment was un-necessary - that promised stuff was actually delivered..

But, that's going off-topic :)

I just don't see this being important what so ever... Honestly a bit annoyed with myself for reading through 2 pages of players arguing wether this should be legit or not... Most want it on there with a " hide button " Are you serious... easier to just not put it there.. no worries if you're EOC composing trust me we know again it's wrote in your bio and you have that diamond medal.. be happy and go write your opinions and thoughts in a post that would really impact the game like Ryebreds " GvG Rework proposal "

Edited by Subject, 07 May 2017 - 03:20.

#45 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:32

I just don't see this being important what so ever... Honestly a bit annoyed with myself for reading through 2 pages of players arguing wether this should be legit or not... Most want it on there with a " hide button " Are you serious... easier to just not put it there.. no worries if you're EOC composing trust me we know again it's wrote in your bio and you have that diamond medal.. be happy and go write your opinions and thoughts in a post that would really impact the game like Ryebreds " GvG Rework proposal "

I have the diamond medal, but I'm nowhere near EoC, just barely halfway.....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#46 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:39

I have the diamond medal, but I'm nowhere near EoC, just barely halfway.....

Congratulations for having a diamond medal. Still don't help me see the importance of showing composing level on bio

#47 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:43

Edited by Subject, 07 May 2017 - 03:48.

#48 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:44

I'm having a hard time understanding why people want a "hide" button. When I saw how low my SE kills and Arena wins were, I was motivated to work on them. Reading through some of these comments, some people aren't motivated by that. Sure, but that's is your opinion. The only really issue I saw, regarding showing the composing level, is newbies that avoid guilds that don't have a high-level composer. 

This is a minor change that could be added in place of the double arena wins that is currently showing. 

Edited by Melons, 07 May 2017 - 06:31.

#49 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:23

oh, I'm sorry - I didn't realise  you were employed by HCS now. I am entitled to post an opinion on any subject matter I chose to whether you approve or not ... and only they have the right to say what I can and can't post on / about.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#50 Woot

Woot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:31

Since we are asking, could I request a GvG wins counter on ones bio, retrospective of course. The amount of gold donated to Guild Bank (not taxed). Number of groups joined, number of relics captured,  total number of pm's sent, total number of pm's received. Total number of buffs cast, amount of gold sold in FSP market. FSP gained from FSP market. Feel free to make other suggestions folks.

Cheers.

wil72

How about the colors of my underwear too

#51 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:40

I'm surprised at the number of snowflakes who need participation medals, or cloak on their bios, protected in safe spaces so that the facts of the game don't embarrass them - what a joke! This is NOT a suggestion to print ones home/work address, or phone number or other personal info. It doesn't even have any financial significance - nobody cares how many FSP others have. It's relevant info to know about another player with whom you are playing, period.

Btw when did the ability to make a poll on threads disappear?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#52 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:42

I'd much rather see a more pertinent update, but if this is what you guys want, more power to you.

Stick a fork in me, I'm done.... Off to find a cool pic for ducky to look at...

Or maybe some nice food for mzz

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#53 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:26

oh, I'm sorry - I didn't realise  you were employed by HCS now. I am entitled to post an opinion on any subject matter I chose to whether you approve or not ... and only they have the right to say what I can and can't post on / about.

lol... I wasn't aware I worked for HCS either!!!! Joking aside.. My bad about getting defensive about this topic had 1 to many last night and probably should stay away from Forums while drinking bahahaha.. anyways.. disregard all my previous post as I honestly do not care wether this is put on bio or not.
Cheers.!

#54 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:32

lol... I wasn't aware I worked for HCS either!!!! Joking aside.. My bad about getting defensive about this topic had 1 to many last night and probably should stay away from Forums while drinking bahahaha.. anyways.. disregard all my previous post as I honestly do not care wether this is put on bio or not.
Cheers.!

I'd much rather see a more pertinent update, but if this is what you guys want, more power to you.

Yes maybe this miniscule thing Isn't what anyone should be worried about at this moment.

Every day I log on I see post in Global chat from players, asking if the game is broken. They have concerns about things not working or not working correctly. These should be all our concerns. As I hate running into flaws while trying to enjoy a few moments of relaxing game play

#55 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 15:31

I reached level 60 composing more than 2 years ago.   Just like other milestones reached it would be nice to have that  up on my profile stats.

I question though the point of having a top 100 composers list.  I personally would like to see where i stood in reaching level 60 but once you reach level 60 your position in the top 100 will never change.  I think we probably already have 100 players at level 60 so the top 100 list will be the same day after day.

Isnt it time new levels in composing were introduced?

One other potential negative I could see is how other guilds or pvprs could find a weakness in another guild when they see that all members are low level composing.

While travelling composers are available all guilds have access to level 60 composed pots.

#56 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 16:29

While travelling composers are available all guilds have access to level 60 composed pots.

Yes. But there is no upside to this change except to pad folks ego. There are downsides. Sure they can hire traveling composers but the point is not to pad your wallet with this change.
  • 3JS likes this

#57 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 16:32

Isnt it time new levels in composing were introduced?

there is currently another thread about increasing the levels of composing. Not all guilds are accessible to level 60 composers

#58 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 17:18

Yes. But there is no upside to this change except to pad folks ego. There are downsides. Sure they can hire traveling composers but the point is not to pad your wallet with this change.

Why have any  character stats on our bios?   I see them as a source of info on that player but  with your argument they are padding someones ego.  Composing is just like any other aspect of the game, something that you work HARD on to attain a level of achievement and as such can be recognised as a measurable stat on a players profile.

Edited by Melissa3, 08 May 2017 - 17:49.

#59 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 17:58

Why have any character stats on our bios? I see them as a source of info on that player but with your argument they are padding someones ego. Composing is just like any other aspect of the game, something that you work HARD on to attain a level of achievement and as such can be recognised as a measurable stat on a players profile.

We already have 2 medals for composing. If the gvg idea goes forward, with the info on composing levels, it would be easy to figure out which guilds are very easy pickings vs those that may not be so easy. Also easy to figure out which players to pvp mercilessly if none in the guild are high level composers. Just some examples of how it's more harm than good. We snowflakes need to make our stance known ;-p

#60 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 20:35

Honestly if you get to see how many SE kills I haven't done, or how many arenas I got pass the judges on, why not see how little I spend on composing as well? Nice idea for those who excel at this area of the game, and the ones worried about how little it is might be motivated to put some work into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: