• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Minerexstacy

Minerexstacy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 16:51

For the Auto Attacks, when you right click, it should continue to use your basic FREE ability (melee/ranged depending on which does more damage.) This should not be affected by casting spells such as Vindiction or Hemorhage, but cannot shoot while casting them.

Let's say you right click a monster and it just shoots/slices it to death, that's all fine but you have to click click click ect untill it dies, with this implemented all you would do it one click and wait. The use of abilities can be used and not mess up the casting of the auto attack. But while you are casting (im a ranger so im going by this) Hemohage, you do not shoot the auto attack untill the cast is done.

Another Suggestion

Can we get a Client so who ever uses fraps can use it easier? :P

I can't figure out how to record the browser while using Fraps... can't make vids if I cant record lol

Come join me at my YouTube - Mcflapphypants

153qv6c.png

Come help build the wikia by clicking > HERE

#2 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 16:54

Agreed ;) I was about to suggest the same thing...once you start to attack a mob, auto attack should be locked on.

#3 LHorta

LHorta

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 17:09

Why do you want to turn a great concept into runescape boring combat system? just press the damn hotbar keys instead please!

#4 Solum

Solum

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 17:09

Hmm, Yes. That didn't cross my mind. But now that you bring it up. I agree! There should be some form of auto attack (available in the options to toggle on/off) Say whatever your skill is on your [ 1 ] slot. Should be what auto attacks. (:

For the Auto Attacks, when you right click, it should continue to use your basic FREE ability (melee/ranged depending on which does more damage.) This should not be affected by casting spells such as Vindiction or Hemorhage, but cannot shoot while casting them.

Let's say you right click a monster and it just shoots/slices it to death, that's all fine but you have to click click click ect untill it dies, with this implemented all you would do it one click and wait. The use of abilities can be used and not mess up the casting of the auto attack. But while you are casting (im a ranger so im going by this) Hemohage, you do not shoot the auto attack untill the cast is done.

Another Suggestion

Can we get a Client so who ever uses fraps can use it easier? :P

I can't figure out how to record the browser while using Fraps... can't make vids if I cant record lolH

~Solum :wub:

#5 Minerexstacy

Minerexstacy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 17:11

Why do you want to turn a great concept into runescape boring combat system? just press the damn hotbar keys instead please!

I don't even play runescape, and almost ALL mmorpg's have an auto attack function

Come join me at my YouTube - Mcflapphypants

153qv6c.png

Come help build the wikia by clicking > HERE

#6 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 17:13

i noticed that if you right click on an enemy, you'll do your spell/ability assigned to the number 1. be it a spell or auto attack or emote. personally i like this. gives some creative starting moves when you go around clicking the enemies to attack. could start off the battle with your Vindicate to start getting more DPS on the enemy off the bat.

i also like having to incorporate range/melee attacks into your DPS, Tank, or even your Healing rotation to get some extra damage. if it was on auto, DPS would be too much and too easy. i like the way they have it now. rely on your spells/abilities 

#7 LHorta

LHorta

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 17:15

I don't even play runescape, and almost ALL mmorpg's have an auto attack function

Yes, that's exactly why i hate it, the whole concept is too overused.

#8 Cubaza

Cubaza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Badge
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina

Posted 19 March 2013 - 17:18

I agree with you, auto attacks are not necessary in this game.

#9 Gatreno

Gatreno

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 18:10

Not necessary in my opinion.

#10 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2013 - 18:17

Genius  :D

i noticed that if you right click on an enemy, you'll do your spell/ability assigned to the number 1. be it a spell or auto attack or emote. personally i like this. gives some creative starting moves when you go around clicking the enemies to attack. could start off the battle with your Vindicate to start getting more DPS on the enemy off the bat.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#11 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 18:58

Again: skills are one thing, auto attack (aka normal attack) is another. Skills shouldn't be automatized, but auto attack and auto focus on the mob attacking you are mandatory. There's a reason for these being standard in any MMO: they make sense. Would you hit an enemy once and then just stay there and tare at it? :)

On a different note: could please do the same for gathering/mining/etc? Just one click to begin and continue to harvest until the sourse is depleted. This was one of themost painful in RS and when the auto system was implemented the difference was huge. Keep in mind some crafting jobs are a pain to level so this would help a lot. The idea is sometimes there's no need for countless clicks :)

I have a hunch ftm the system was kept like this to avoid hacks (autominers and stuff) but learn from RS''s experience: sooner or later these will be created and used and the more annoying the process will be, the more "reasons" for using those ppl will find.

#12 Tarcirion

Tarcirion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 19:01

Not necessary in my opinion.

For me too. I like the  way of  the combat. Is like the early  games and this game "sound" a old time game.  I like it. :D

#13 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 19:06

Is like the early  games and this game "sound" a old time game.  I like it. :D

It's pretty much RS2 with way better graphics and no restriction between member and free maps :) And the devs know this very well :) That's why they should listen to some of these complaints because this kind of stuff has bugged and frustrated the players of that said game for years and eventually they had to address them.

#14 Genreninja

Genreninja

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 19:26

Is button mashing "more" fun than click and wait? To me, I don't mind having to mash my basic attack a million times (the cooldown is so short, you might as well just clickety clickety mash it or else you lose out on DPS) But it wouldn't hurt things for me if I didn't have to.

#15 LHorta

LHorta

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 19:44

Is button mashing "more" fun than click and wait? To me, I don't mind having to mash my basic attack a million times (the cooldown is so short, you might as well just clickety clickety mash it or else you lose out on DPS) But it wouldn't hurt things for me if I didn't have to.

At least it's better than just sit down and stare at your skills cool-down while doing damage with little to no effort.

Auto attack is ok for some games but i'm not sure if it would be wise to implement in eldevin.

#16 Genreninja

Genreninja

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 19:51

At least it's better than just sit down and stare at your skills cool-down while doing damage with little to no effort.

Auto attack is ok for some games but i'm not sure if it would be wise to implement in eldevin.

I guess I just don't consider button mashing an "effort". Even when mashing, I'm still siting down, staring at cool downs, doing damage with little to no effort. So I don't see what not implementing auto-attacks is going to achieve. Other than increase button presses by several hundred a minute.

#17 LHorta

LHorta

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 20:08

I guess I just don't consider button mashing an "effort". Even when mashing, I'm still siting down, staring at cool downs, doing damage with little to no effort. So I don't see what not implementing auto-attacks is going to achieve. Other than increase button presses by several hundred a minute.

Ok, bye.

:mellow:

#18 Swiss

Swiss

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 22:37

I'll have to agree with Gen. There is no reason to have to mash a key that provides the same effect as an auto-attack function would. Same effort, same outcome but with a little extra chance for carpal tunnel syndrome. Lol.

But really, an auto-attack function would make this game a lot more enjoyable in combat. But only as basic attacks, as auto-attacking a spell would be a little too much.

#19 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 23:48

First off, the issue is with auto attack; in any MMO after using a spell/skill, the char will continue to attack with normal hits. While in Eldevin you have to manual attack every single time. It's pointless overkill.

Second, ftm we're low levels. Try to imagine the current system at higher lvl when you'll have to kill countless mobs to level up...not having a normal auto attack with a rough dodgy target system (that seems incapable of focusing on the attacking mobs by itself) makes killing tedious. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: