51 replies to this topic

#1 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:52

As many have stated being an issue due to composing potions and pvp being skewed, I've got a radical, yet possible solution. Why not remove buffs from working on ladder altogether, or all but the three I outlined? (Basically Ladder PvP hits wouldn't factor in any other buffs, leaving you to strategize on that basis alone.)

I get this i something many would oppose, but here's my thinking.

1) This would better represent people who are able to match and strategize with sets, and promote knowledge of them.

2) It would also reward those who also invest in the best gear, many times this is crystalline gear.

3) It would also teach players best practices/setups for possible arena play and gt more people likely to participate in that.

4) It would put more value on activity/hitting than having people buff you up around the clock/using composing potions.

5) Maybe, make it so player can only pick to options of these three buffs while on ladder, shame, Honor, and cloak. Obviously most would choose cloak as one, leaving them with the choice of more punishment for enemies, or less punishment for them. These would be active during the time they are on ladder.

6) If we did this, and specifically #5 it would also make it so people wouldn't have the easy ability to see hat kind of setup you are using, and would have to make their best call/judgement instead.

7) As part of this update the stat bonuses for Attack/def/armor/damage/hp no longer show up on other people's profiles, you can only see it on your own profiles. Period. Stamina bonus still would appear however.

8) People in the same guild can hit each other on ladder. LONG overdue.

9) Maximum percentage of people in the same guild on a ladder at 50%. This is a thing for Arena, why isn't it for ladder?

Buffs active would work fine otherwise. 

Yes, I get this would also mean, some PvPers would jump on ladder for the 24/7 cloak. But wouldn't this also mean that those who are good would be rewarded for participating? It also then means more people are on ladder, and they might be a bit more competitive. Isn't that what most people have been calling for?

I'm more than open to suggestions/tweaks from others to this concept. It's off the top of my head just now after seeing some bring it up on an update thread.

Edited by Gutie, 13 February 2016 - 07:22.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#2 hittokiri

hittokiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:27

some of your posts fit perfectly in this thread, I will quote them here from:

https://forums.hunte...e-2#entry958618

https://forums.hunte...e-2#entry958838

Keep working on the content for mobile app. This is completely NOT needed. Cows have a lot more important work that will benefit the game long term

We have far greater priorities to the game

This is a waste of time and effort on the part of HCS, given how many other things that should be improved in this game to entice more players to join and STAY. Priority should be given to improving the early game content, and items that all players benefit from

Does anyone realize how much coding would be required in order to do this? This is an absurd amount of coding

Finish other game content and improve ways to retain new players before adding more fluff for a handful of people who are "bored"

#3 j3k

j3k

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:14

[edit]

Edited by j3k, 13 February 2016 - 19:15.

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#4 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:21

Also, I note the typos. My w, s, and q keys on my laptop suddenly stopped working this week, taking it in for fixes monday.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#5 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 16:43

As many have stated being an issue due to composing potions and pvp being skewed, I've got a radical, yet possible solution. Why not remove buffs from working on ladder altogether, or all but the three I outlined? (Basically Ladder PvP hits wouldn't factor in any other buffs, leaving you to strategize on that basis alone.)

No, lol.

1) Don't be confused by those constantly whining about pots. Absolutely all of the composing pots are available to anyone in game (yes, I am the highest in my Guild and only at 39). Further, the PvP Ladder reward pots are made for this end, for example.

2) PvP is ridiculous without buffs. 

3) I stopped reading after the intro except to skip down to the buffs you suggested.

EDIT: PS... Apologies for being so crass and cynical. How about you suggest exactly the same thing for leveling? Let's see how that rolls. 

In any case, for those who feel so wronged because they can't be bothered to get composing pots, buffs or what-have-you... have them hit the Arena.

Edited by Egami, 13 February 2016 - 16:56.

#6 j3k

j3k

Posted 13 February 2016 - 19:15

This seems interesting

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#7 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 19:57

I'd rather sera maximum level of level 175 buffs on the ladder I suggested this before... If they are over 175 they will simply scale down.
  • j3k likes this

#8 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 20:46

Well what's the point of epic chest if you can't use them what's the point of attack damage composed pots if you can't use them. not everyone's gonna be happy what about limiting like you can only use every buff over level 175 once after you used it once that round then you can only use 175 maybe?

#9 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 20:47

Following that logic...What's the point of playing fallensword if you can just activate god mode and have excessive padded stats for absolutely no reason INEXPENSIVELY? This isn't about happiness it's fixing something that's broken... They can still be used...To hunt. Which is indeed broken but one problem at a time.

Edited by EpicPiety, 13 February 2016 - 20:48.

#10 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 20:54

Well I wouldn't say it's not expensive I'm only lvl 13 composing. I can't make much I I wouldn't use any epic chest from ge or donation for 5 tokens lol

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 20:55

Everyone has equal access and opportunity to either A have a composer come to their guild or B level it themselves. To be honest if people put the effort in they could be easily level 60 by now even composing 10 xp pots using next to no gold and 1 common frag :).

Edited by EpicPiety, 13 February 2016 - 20:57.

#12 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 21:03

Well leveling composing isn't really the topic but I just started playing again last year in October I believe and with working a full time job and life I can't always be on to hit a button :P and you said everyone has access to them and they are not expensive so why does it matter if everyone can "activate god mode" then it is fair

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 21:06

Well leveling composing isn't really the topic but I just started playing again last year in October I believe and with working a full time job and life I can't always be on to hit a button :P and you said everyone has access to them and they are not expensive so why does it matter if everyone can "activate god mode" then it is fair

Because it's broken and you can't play the game as intended... You can't really do oldschool calculations etc etc... You just blindly hit. There is no learning curve with them. The standard of HAVING to use them to compete is also a problem in itself. It's like activating cheats in a game... You learn nothing but you complete the game that's about it lol.

Edited by EpicPiety, 13 February 2016 - 21:07.

• j3k likes this

#14 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 February 2016 - 22:19

21b0h2e.jpg

Not totally befitting, but close enough :)

Edited by Pardoux, 13 February 2016 - 22:20.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#15 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2016 - 23:45

I've been preaching that song for a long time Pard, noone cares anymore.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#16 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 01:48

Everyone has equal access and opportunity to either A have a composer come to their guild or B level it themselves. To be honest if people put the effort in they could be easily level 60 by now even composing 10 xp pots using next to no gold and 1 common frag :).

And if they're NOT Composing level 60 or DON'T have access to Global, Ladder or Composing pots? It's a flawed development that unnecessarily discriminates against most players! These potions have nothing to do with donations. We need the stat changing skills to be nerfed. Nobody cares if we have Conserve 800 or AL1200 but KE683 and DC430 BREAK THE GAME!!!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 01:51

And if they're NOT Composing level 60 or DON'T have access to Global, Ladder or Composing pots? It's a flawed development that unnecessarily discriminates against most players! These potions have nothing to do with donations. We need the stat changing skills to be nerfed. Nobody cares if we have Conserve 800 or AL1200 but KE683 and DC430 BREAK THE GAME!!!

I know read my posts above... Don't need these unnecessarily high stat padding buffs. Composing needs a re balance...Some skills are blatantly too high.

#18 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:27

Nerf, nerf, nerf..  All of you that have them are still using them. lol

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:41

Nerf, nerf, nerf..  All of you that have them are still using them. lol

Use your knoggin? Why would we self sabotage ourselves and give others an advantage... Ignorance is bliss i guess. I'm taking the easiest road available...Like any old player out there. It's THEIR job to make sure that easy road is challenging lol. Same as it is to make sure the game isn't unbalanced or broken. Give me one good reason why we should beable to get over 6x the damage we need and 10x the attack we ever need. Then you will persuade me to the other side...If not i'm sorry your not thinking.

Edited by EpicPiety, 14 February 2016 - 02:44.

#20 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:48

bro, what you saying for ladder already player shindrak saying long ago

Yea i struggled to level up composing because of that .. now i got to level 51 but dont have motivation to keep going lol

i have handful pots from composing but i don't find ladder fun even i have advantage over someone without composing pots.

i would be happy to see pvp ladder running without buffs , only gears stats

I underlining his idea and my reply to him is same to you

bro, hcs already making this gaming aspecit, we already having it

it calling arena with no combat moves (only gear stats working there)

you should knowing this, you having more than 10000 wins in arena

pvp ladder should staying with buffs for players fighting,

I thinking best is to making composing potion working not in pvp, only working against creatures for levelers be happy

I underlining answer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: