Photo

Composing - In Detail (Revision 1.2)

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

Poll: Composing Poll (458 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think we should go ahead and add revision 1.2 of Composing should be added to the game?

1. Yes (392 votes [85.59%])

Percentage of vote: 85.59%

2. No (66 votes [14.41%])

Percentage of vote: 14.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 17:40

Available Skills (with max possible level)

Note we can review the max levels in the future - these should give a good starting point however 

I think many of these are quite overpowered, which is the only reason I voted no. I like the rest of it, though. My preference is still for only Composing-only skills, to address to flattening of the skill tree and such. (By flattening of the skill tree I mean letting lower-level players have access to high-level buffs)

1) I would much prefer the maximums for the following buffs lowered to 150: Smashing Hammer, Anti Deflect, Coordinated Attack, Coordinated Defense, Stalker, Shield Wall, Gloat, Honor, Armor Boost, Severe Condition, Ageless. These are normally cast at level 175 and, excepting the Coordinated buffs, don't exist in potion form currently. With Distil 150, these become level 173, so it competes with high-level buff casters, but doesn't beat them.

2) I also don't like that some potions would beat or match what's currently available. Potion-making and farming are great ways of making an income in this game, and some of these buffs would severely damage that market. Thus, I would suggest the following maximum levels:

Doubler - 400

Librarian - 220

Sacrifice - 225

Animal Magnetism - 225

Keen Edge - 180

Terrorize - 200

Flinch - 200

3) I think Light Foot, Conserve, Adept Learner, Constitution, and Sanctuary are fine.

4) I would increase the maximum for:

Global Booster - 750 (or even 1000!)

Mighty Vigor - 500 (I always thought this was a cool buff, but was too limited at level 175)

#82 aliadnan12

aliadnan12

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2013 - 17:47

for the time needed to make these potions .... does it really matter .. i am pretty sure most of the ppl r not rookies here and thus almost everyone plans a hunt , and thus gets his potions a day or 2 earlier or when he has finished his hunt or whenever , so say my stam reaches max in 4 days i will start making the pots from the day after i have had a hunt and then i will get the items needed and start inventing the pot so even if takes me 2 DAYS to make the pot why would i mind thus i dont think this sink would be much effective.... just my thoughts

#83 silenced

silenced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 17:56

voted no as I don't agree that composting should be introduced in a way that will primarily benefit higher lvl players and potentially damage the playing experience of lower lvl/normal players.

I don't see why a high lvl will be able to gain more fragments than any other player just because they are a higher lvl player.

I think this will lead to a void in certain lvl ranges where high lvl players will farm certain lower lvl items making normal hunting virtually impossible for lower lvl players... by this I mean it will soon be calculated what lvl is the best to farm for items and so creatures will become rare for the normal player to come across... I think if items gave more fragments per item lvl, then there should be a restriction on how much lower an item can be farmed by any given player (as in a lvl 1000 can farm items from say 950 upwards for use in composting)... it would almost certainly rule out the possibility of a lower lvl player getting the chance to find/hunt/kill SE's/legendary's as high lvl players will certainly exploit the ability to farm low lvl creatures such as these to benefit themselves or the super elite guilds in the game, making these items rare to such an extent they will not be affordable for normal players and almost entirely removing the possibility of lower lvl/normal players from benefiting in any way from such creatures or items.

I think the lvl = more fragments is a terrible idea and will contribute to the demise of the game.

#84 aliadnan12

aliadnan12

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2013 - 18:02

I think if items gave more fragments per item lvl, then there should be a restriction on how much lower an item can be farmed by any given player (as in a lvl 1000 can farm items from say 950 upwards for use in composting)... it would almost certainly rule out the possibility of a lower lvl player getting the chance to find/hunt/kill SE's/legendary's as high lvl players will certainly exploit the ability to farm low lvl creatures such as these to benefit themselves or the super elite guilds in the game, making these items rare to such an extent they will not be affordable for normal players and almost entirely removing the possibility of lower lvl/normal players from benefiting in any way from such creatures or items.

a very nice idea indeed make a player decompose a certain lvl below and higher for the player or atleast lower but also put a limit on how high by say x times the player lvl and x/2 (or something like that) times on the lower side

#85 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2013 - 18:06

is there any way we can get the poll on the game page not everyone  reads the forum 

#86 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 18:26

i have a simple question :)

if i make the potion bound to me then later on down the road i decide to make it guild bound, can i change my mind? 

#87 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 18:31

is there any way we can get the poll on the game page not everyone  reads the forum 

you want people to vote without knowing what they are voting on? we should call the revision "revision happiness" then everyone will vote blindly!!! LOL

#88 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 18:42

voted no as I don't agree that composting should be introduced in a way that will primarily benefit higher lvl players and potentially damage the playing experience of lower lvl/normal players.

I don't see why a high lvl will be able to gain more fragments than any other player just because they are a higher lvl player.

I think this will lead to a void in certain lvl ranges where high lvl players will farm certain lower lvl items making normal hunting virtually impossible for lower lvl players... by this I mean it will soon be calculated what lvl is the best to farm for items and so creatures will become rare for the normal player to come across... I think if items gave more fragments per item lvl, then there should be a restriction on how much lower an item can be farmed by any given player (as in a lvl 1000 can farm items from say 950 upwards for use in composting)... it would almost certainly rule out the possibility of a lower lvl player getting the chance to find/hunt/kill SE's/legendary's as high lvl players will certainly exploit the ability to farm low lvl creatures such as these to benefit themselves or the super elite guilds in the game, making these items rare to such an extent they will not be affordable for normal players and almost entirely removing the possibility of lower lvl/normal players from benefiting in any way from such creatures or items.

I think the lvl = more fragments is a terrible idea and will contribute to the demise of the game.

I think you have it exactly backwards. If item level didn't matter, people would be more likely to hunt well below their level because the creatures are easier to kill. Giving more shards for higher levels means that higher-level players have an incentive to hunt higher-level creatures, meaning less competition for low-level creatures. If item level didn't matter, I personally would rather go hunt Thoon and not have to worry about gear or buffs than go after Alicanto, for example.

Another point to counter yours: the vast majority of active players in the game are between levels 101 and 1600. Level 1601+ is required to get 5 shards per item, given the formula. Levels 101-400 get 2 per item, and 901-1600 get 4 per item. This means that a level 1600 player gets twice as many shards as a level 101 player if they hunt at their respective levels. That 2x multiplier is rather low, actually.

And another point: there are currently no Super Elite gear and no Crystalline gear above level 1600. There is also only one Legendary set (Zorgroms Sneaky Gits), which is already expensive in the AH. Thus, you can hunt creatures all the way down to level 101 and still get half the shards that a level 1600 player would get.

Here's another: since a level 101 item gets 2 shards, you should never buy a level 901-1600 item unless it is less than 4 FSP plus a little gold more than the level 101 item. Why? Hellforging. Buying a level 101-400 item and forging it twice gives the same number of shards as an unforged level 1600 item. The gold cost of forging at low levels is minimal.

Now that I think about it, the +1 shard per forge level basically caps the price of an individual shard at just over 2 FSP. This is probably a good thing.

#89 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 18:57

Total Shocker! after having voted I see that the vast majority are in favour of this revision, therefore it begs the question why this revision cannot be implemented?? 85 nearly 86% say yes... PUSH THE GO BUTTON

There's been enough (justifiable) disgruntlement in the past when polls have gone up and down too quickly and players who were not logged on at the right time felt left out & ignored. The news says the poll will be there for a couple of days, and that is the way it should remain.

Its going to take time to code this anyway, so it is good that HCS gives everyone a good chance to add their vote.

#90 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2013 - 19:17

There's been enough (justifiable) disgruntlement in the past when polls have gone up and down too quickly and players who were not logged on at the right time felt left out & ignored. The news says the poll will be there for a couple of days, and that is the way it should remain.

Its going to take time to code this anyway, so it is good that HCS gives everyone a good chance to add their vote.

I meant rather just keep this revision and run with it. Allow the "days" to expire then implement the idea. One would hope the cows are working on the coding for this as the poll has been up for our feedback. I just do not want to see another revision farce like we had with the pvp changes. There no one could agree and we ended up with something nobody wanted at all. Previous to that we got changes to buffs that were requested by about only 3 people, thankfully the IRC concept got ditched, that was the biggest waste of time ever.

#91 mitzi86

mitzi86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 19:24

I voted no. I voted no because I see no incentive to get composing levels. The idea that its just there to add duration is rather pointless in my eyes. I can throw Brew Master on and bam, not a big worry.

I still think composing levels should effect either the buffs you can put into your potions, or the level of the skills in the potions. I think the 1st, which buffs you can put into potions, is the better way to go, for it gives incentive to continue composing even if not hunting so you can get those higher leveled buffs.

#92 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 June 2013 - 19:31

Its posted on the home page and a pm sent to every player with a link to the poll. What more can they do ?

BUT, it never used to be this way.  Not so very long ago the polls were listed on the home page  and you could vote directly from there.  It was much quicker, cleaner, and the totals, while not staggering, were way above the paltry 130+ votes that are showing currently.

#93 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 19:42

<snip>

I think the difference between 1 and 4 is too low. I really doubt I am going to bother hunting for shards with my crystall gear on and having chance of loosing my kill streak for an measly 2 extra shards, when I just can run around in my stamina gear and whack everything I see and farm my shards that way.  With the extra benefits I can gain from distilled 250 pots I might treat it as another globale event/ quest hunt :)

#94 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 19:48

Fragments won’t require backpack space - they will just be listed on the Composing page.

Hoof’s Basic Potion [30m]
Conserve 50
Librarian 180

This potion would require:
3 + 9 = 12 Common Fragments
1 + 7 = 8 Rare Fragments
0 + 3 = 3 Unique Fragments
0 + 1 = 1 Legendary Fragments

The base duration of the potion would be 30 minutes. Each additional 30 minutes duration (max 300 minutes) would require the same amount of Fragments again.

Gold Cost = 230 * 30 = 6,900 gold

Anti Deflect [max 200]
Smashing Hammer [max 250]
Coordinated Attack [max 250]
Coordinated Defense [max 250]
Stalker [max 250]
Shield Wall [max 250]
Armor Boost [Max 250]
Severe Condition [Max 200]
Ageless [Max 250]

~ The Fallen Sword Team

So fragments will not be stored in a characters BP. Items can be broken down when received as a drop from a mob or after being purchased from the AH and the fragments placed in the Composing page. This would mean that BP space is not really an issue. How many Frag slots are going to be allocated? 100, 200, 300?

Might be interesting to see players reaction when it finally dawns on them how easy a level 50 player could make many, many Smashing Hammer lvl 175 pots or any pots containing a higher level buff.

Cheers.

wil72

#95 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 19:54

Happy to see composing implemented, and this form seems like a decent starting point.

I still wonder whether everyone is overestimating the number of junk LE/crystal items compared with the volume of potions consumed each week (in which case, the 0.02 factor may need to be lowered).

I also think the large number of fragments being used will make the mechanics of fragmenting crucial. It needs to be simple to create 130 fragments for one potion (hoof's smasher is probably not atypical), and the back-pack space to do this needs to be accessible to the vast majority of players. So I'd really like to see an auto-fragment-while-hunting option added when composing starts (specify the level of rarity below which creature drops are automatically fragmented).

#96 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 03 June 2013 - 19:56

I see no incentive to get composing levels. The idea that its just there to add duration is rather pointless in my eyes. I can throw Brew Master on and bam, not a big worry.

I still think composing levels should effect either the buffs you can put into your potions, or the level of the skills in the potions. I think the 1st, which buffs you can put into potions, is the better way to go, for it gives incentive to continue composing even if not hunting so you can get those higher leveled buffs.

This.

Oh and do explain to me again, why y'all think it is perfectly fine for a player to make a potion with a skill, she doesn't own? Never did, never will understand that - but I guess that ship sank a loooong time ago.

I get the point made be Bry earlier in this thread about us being our own worst enemies but, I fail to see why this idea, which initially held a ton of potential, has to be nerfed down to another semi win button for everyone. Where is the "uh this will be hard, so I will actually have earned my rewards" thinking ? The "frack me, this is gonna take a lotta effort and a lotta time, but I won't make a FSP profit from it at all - but sure sounds like a good way to spend time" mentality?

Ever wonder why the state of the game is as is? I ensure you, it is not because the game has challenges, nor because anyone finds it hard.

Sorry for my mood, but.. I used to love this game and.. well... *sniff*

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#97 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 19:59

On the discussions about high level buffs for low level characters - I share some of the concerns. This is NOT because I want to sell buffs. It is because a sense of progression is an important part of getting people hooked. If they get everything on day one (or when they hit level 50) then they will stop gaining any sense of attainment out of the game. On the other hand, the thought of seeing the goodies at level 1600 but not being able to touch them for a number of years of playing is probablys something of a disincentive too.

So I'd suggest that linking composable buffs to composing level would be a really good idea - making high level buffs seem attainable to new players, but needing them to work to get attain them (or to attain all of them?)

#98 berneanu

berneanu

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 20:04

i know it might be a late time to come up with "improvements"but maybe the community like the idea and u could use it later (or just discard the idea and move on :P either way suits me) - my though came from one post in this discusion where some one said the price for SE LE items will skyrocket - i feel the same (as a SE hunter i dont mind but that is just the merchant in me talking) - ok so here goes - why not make it that when u brake an item into fragments there would be a possibility (in % or whatever) that u get a fragment of a higher quality - ex - braking a common item could give u a rare fragment - braking a rare item could give u an unique fragment and so on - ofc braking comon will never give u LE fragment - just that each item goes up one lvl (like with the succes rate of braking an item - which imo could be another thing to add maybe later - each potion/recipe has a succes rate - why not braking items into fragments also - in this way u can limit the fragment production a bit also - and who knows in the future u can implement buffs to help with succes rate (same as inventor or extractor work atm) - hope my idea is liked (or at least i dont see a lot of flaming to it :P)

#99 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 20:06

Oh and do explain to me again, why y'all think it is perfectly fine for a player to make a potion with a skill, she doesn't own? Never did, never will understand that - but I guess that ship sank a loooong time ago.

Good of the game?

If I stumbled on this game now, and looked at all the shiny buffs you could have, and then realised that it would take me 5 years to get to them (not far off what it took me to get to EOC, hunting as efficiently as I could but without powerlevelling and using few uber potions) - I'd probably give up within a few days.

For this game to have a future, I do think it is important for new players to feel they can reach some of the benefits of high levels in a reasonable time. But I also think they need to work for it.

So I'd be very happy to see a composing skill tree, that gave these buffs in a very different order to the skill-casting tree, and that would let them accumulate all the composing buffs over 6-12 months.

#100 mitzi86

mitzi86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 20:10

Another thing, and I posted this in the last thread is to add upgrades via fsp to composing.

So if you could only compose 2 potions at a time, but could buy upgrades to how many you could make. Say for 25 fsp (I don't know its first number to mind), you can buy one extra composing slot. then you can make 3 potions at a time.

Then perhaps put a limit on how many shards you can hold at a time. lets just say 200 a type of shard. but could upgrade that by 25 more every shard for the price of 1fsp, or 2 fsp, (kind of like max stam, or bio slots).

That then can benefit the cows future growth, with more donations, as well as the gold sink through having to create potions.

Then perhaps make the leveling system, allow you to make certain buffs (as said by many others) and even the skill level. I think this way it creates the feel to actually gain levels in composing, as well as benefitting the cows through money, AND in doing so, allows less potions to be created at one time in the game through composing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: