#81 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 April 2021 - 03:08

I had to key each step and wait for the mob list to load, or I got the walking too fast message and got no credit for the steps taken, though of course the stam burned in the unaccepted steps was still gone, a problem I've lived with for years, but remains irritating.

The walking quests where you get unaccepted steps, but still lose the stamina are extremely frustrating, but, if I recall correctly, the cows still dispute that this happens...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#82 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 April 2021 - 11:56

+1

Edited by winemaker, 04 April 2021 - 13:29.

#83 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 21:16

Ladder is now broken.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#84 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 02:51

Well I never, there's a first. Not once, never, not even a maybe have I seen player suggestion be implemented so quickly into the game. Ok. it's not exactly what was asked for but it's pretty damn close. And these changes have appeared with such little "community" feedback. Do I need to attend Discord? Please tell me this is not so.

And just to satisfy my curiosity, others may wish clarification too. Why have Fumble, Deflect and Unbreakable been singled out for level limitations? I mean, you suggest the buffs Fumble and Deflect are of concern. Can you please expand on this; why are they concerning and to whom? What damage are these particular buffs causing the game? As they must to deserve the nerf.

Just an after thought as I scribe this. Do you intend to introduce potions which contain Fumble or Deflect at a higher level than can now be cast? Would seem a reasonable question since we have Unbreakable 200 in the Loyalty section. Wait! Why not add these 2 new potions to Loyalty!! Loyalty needs some love, right? ;)

Cheers,

wil72

My read on deflect 192 is it still activates v Anti deflect 115%.

The issue is at level 67 composing we will be able to buff ub 200+ removing any need for Resilience or Indestructibility (one player has 200+) Or Ub from Loyalty.
That is 2 weeks away maximum.
Secondly the player who suggested the change expected it would also stay at 192 max level.

As the Cows have said numerous times it is a trial, one they may change again. But they will need to balance the game in doing so.

#85 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 22:30

Titan Doubler 5x in the realms watering down Titan Hunting more.

Edited by EpicPiety, 11 April 2021 - 23:25.

#86 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 April 2021 - 22:56

Titan Doubler 5x in the realms watering down TH more.

TH?

sigma_468x60.jpg

#87 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 23:14

TH?

Treasure Hunter

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#88 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 12 April 2021 - 04:14

Titan Hunting

#89 LordOfRuin

LordOfRuin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 10:42

Hmmm... After rolling back (to 175), rather than capping (at 192) Deflect in combination with BE... Anti-deflect composed potion level continues to increase..... That seems rather... Biased. To a vocal few who want a WIN button for pvp whether on the ladder ot not.

How about helping the players who do not wish to participate in pvp rather than make it even harder for them? After all, we have the ladder - it can't be that hard to code a imit or outright exclusion for these buff ON LADDER, while allowing them as normal off ladder. 

I find it odd that HCS would nerf previous increases in defensive buffs while continuing to improve the buffs that counter said defensive buffs.... On the basis that a handful of players continually make noise about it... 

#90 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 April 2021 - 12:18

Hmmm... After rolling back (to 175), rather than capping (at 192) Deflect in combination with BE... Anti-deflect composed potion level continues to increase..... That seems rather... Biased. To a vocal few who want a WIN button for pvp whether on the ladder ot not.

How about helping the players who do not wish to participate in pvp rather than make it even harder for them? After all, we have the ladder - it can't be that hard to code a imit or outright exclusion for these buff ON LADDER, while allowing them as normal off ladder. 

I find it odd that HCS would nerf previous increases in defensive buffs while continuing to improve the buffs that counter said defensive buffs.... On the basis that a handful of players continually make noise about it... 

lets be intelligent, relevant, on topic and game balanced whilst informative, firstly, posts like this make me ashamed to be a leveller, cos i dont want win buttons to escape pvp, we get handed copious amounts of lvl 500+ pots in globals, 700+ pots from donating(which can be gotten from in game earnings so u dont need to donate), the damage done by pvp has always been fairly acceptable with rational thinking, with these uber leveling pots pvp doesnt make a shred of difference, there is into the mix pvp protection, deflect should never have gone past 175, possibly even 150, like most buffs, as it doesnt even allow the combat to transpire, i find it hard to believe with rational thinking that people need the ultimate perfect escape from pvp in a pvp game, if it gets any blander and repetitive in leveling its back to childhood watching my lil pony, this is fallen sword, raise your sword, i want some challenge in my leveling, i want to bob and weave, i am the hero of the realms am i not, slaying things, helping victims and amassing riches, villains are real, mob them too if u want, or admit u need to train your senses better for the tides of war shift!

#91 LordOfRuin

LordOfRuin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 12:52

lets be intelligent, relevant, on topic and game balanced whilst informative, firstly, posts like this make me ashamed to be a leveller, cos i dont want win buttons to escape pvp, we get handed copious amounts of lvl 500+ pots in globals, 700+ pots from donating(which can be gotten from in game earnings so u dont need to donate), the damage done by pvp has always been fairly acceptable with rational thinking, with these uber leveling pots pvp doesnt make a shred of difference, there is into the mix pvp protection, deflect should never have gone past 175, possibly even 150, like most buffs, as it doesnt even allow the combat to transpire, i find it hard to believe with rational thinking that people need the ultimate perfect escape from pvp in a pvp game, if it gets any blander and repetitive in leveling its back to childhood watching my lil pony, this is fallen sword, raise your sword, i want some challenge in my leveling, i want to bob and weave, i am the hero of the realms am i not, slaying things, helping victims and amassing riches, villains are real, mob them too if u want, or admit u need to train your senses better for the tides of war shift

I am no stranger to PvP.. Nor do I fear it. I am merely voicing concerns that a small number of players are biasing the game toward their own ends, while the silent majority have their protections removed. It's called standing up for the ghreater good.. Try it sometime.

#92 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 April 2021 - 13:09

I am no stranger to PvP.. Nor do I fear it. I am merely voicing concerns that a small number of players are biasing the game toward their own ends, while the silent majority have their protections removed. It's called standing up for the ghreater good.. Try it sometime.

fair enough, tho what a leveller spends once a month, a pvper spends in under a week, to add more to the debate, have u seen how much pvpers spend, seems u lack the understanding, no offense intended, to what the greater good is, on top of what i layed out about balance previously...

#93 LordOfRuin

LordOfRuin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 13:14

fair enough, tho what a leveller spends once a month, a pvper spends in under a week, to add more to the debate, have u seen how much pvpers spend, seems u lack the understanding, no offense intended, to what the greater good is, on top of what i layed out about balance previously...

Anytime someone trashes your argument you go to 'lack of understanding' - I suggest it may be you who lacks understanding if you think shoving pvp down peoples throats is in any way constructive of for the greater good. Present reasoned arguments or stay quiet. Suggesting nobody but you understands the mechanics of the game is just childish, not to mention conceited.

Edited by LordOfRuin, 14 April 2021 - 13:20.

#94 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 April 2021 - 13:19

Anytime someone trashes your argument you go to 'lack of understanding' - I suggest it may be you who lacks understanding if you think shoving pvp down peoples throats is in any way constructive of for the greater good. Present reasoned arguments or stay quiet. Suggesting nobody but you understands the mechanics of the game is just childish.

i already said take no offense, you are agressive and hostile, i will not waste any more breath on you, ty for not listening, fair enough to what your loud opinion is, have a nice day!

edit: i offered facts, you offered trying to shut a person down offensively without any facts, sorry u didnt wanna hear it. i do question this first sentence too, dont feel ive done that in the past so dont see need for you to embelish statements in hopes to louden your cause, stay on topic please! i did notice your other edit also calling me concieted, lets discuss it, if u got to know a person like me, youd find me very calm and humble, try not to call me that until i have more of it under my belt, if i ever will, if you can help it, tho im not your boss. telling me to keep quiet and i didnt already bring reason, when i merely offered commonsense with some rationality with a flair of fiest hardly seems childish, reread our convo and like i said to your post 'fair enough' ty!

Edited by Undjuvion, 14 April 2021 - 15:05.

#95 LordOfRuin

LordOfRuin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 13:26

LOL

#96 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 14:46

in gvg,the defending guild may have 1 player to complete conflict against 1 target. too high deflect, would burden defender.

while attacker chooses guild, targets, time, and # of completes, and attackers also get to use defensive buffs. the attacking guild is more likely to have deflect since it knows time of attack.

#97 LordOfRuin

LordOfRuin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 15:18

in gvg,the defending guild may have 1 player to complete conflict against 1 target. too high deflect, would burden defender.

while attacker chooses guild, targets, time, and # of completes, and attackers also get to use defensive buffs. the attacking guild is more likely to have deflect since it knows time of attack.

Fair point, however GvG is only one aspect of the game... biasing all aspects in favour of the attacker seems a little like overkill... Perhaps it could be coded to cap for GvG defence. My point is if you are rolling back (not just capping) defensive buffs, allowing offensive buffs to continue increasing is a little unfair to the defender. Just looking for a balanced playing field rather than the tilting table it has become.

#98 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 15:37

Fair point, however GvG is only one aspect of the game... biasing all aspects in favour of the attacker seems a little like overkill... Perhaps it could be coded to cap for GvG defence. My point is if you are rolling back (not just capping) defensive buffs, allowing offensive buffs to continue increasing is a little unfair to the defender. Just looking for a balanced playing field rather than the tilting table it has become.

In the current state of the game, defending is far superior than attacking. There are multiple buffs that only help the defender (Fumble, Smite, Deflect, etc.) and only a few that benefit attacking. I see no issue in keeping the level of Anti-Deflect as it currently is - a nerf is not needed to this. There are plenty of other things that someone can do to protect themselves instead of solely relying on Deflect - only using Deflect to defend yourself is very weak and not fun in my opinion.

#99 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 15:49

In the current state of the game, defending is far superior than attacking. There are multiple buffs that only help the defender (Fumble, Smite, Deflect, etc.) and only a few that benefit attacking. I see no issue in keeping the level of Anti-Deflect as it currently is - a nerf is not needed to this. There are plenty of other things that someone can do to protect themselves instead of solely relying on Deflect - only using Deflect to defend yourself is very weak and not fun in my opinion.

Only relying on deflect is not fun gameplay. Also teaches you nothing, i agree. 

Edited by EpicPiety, 14 April 2021 - 15:50.

#100 LordOfRuin

LordOfRuin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 15:52

I don't disagree at keeping it as it was, but the composed potion level continues to increase.. as stated in my first post about this - I didn't suggest nerfing it, just stopping the ongoing increase... So reducing one and allowing the other to continue growing is overkill and will skew results if the cows are just gathering data on effect... 

I would also argue that uprovoked attacks off-ladder or outside GvG SHOULD be difficult - that might even liven up the bounty board (more affordable to post someone if they failed to steal your gold)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: