Photo

Big Problem With Relics ??

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Big Problem With Relics ?? (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Are u agree with me ?

1. Yes (20 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

2. No (28 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:35

Relics belong to HCS. Guilds claiming that they 'own' a Relic and it is 'theirs' that no one else may attack are dead wrong. It does not belong to them and they are open for all to try and capture.

But nobody has to give any reason to 100 stam someone and if that reason happens to be they brought themselves or their guild to that persons attention by taking a relic they were holding that is also allowed right?

Cuz I think thats sort of what this post is about,,,, if someone is defending a relic and someone else wants it and takes it and in the process of taking it back and defending it better the first guild cracks a few heads that you might swoop down and say stop it and play nice or something :P

#22 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:59

But nobody has to give any reason to 100 stam someone and if that reason happens to be they brought themselves or their guild to that persons attention by taking a relic they were holding that is also allowed right?

Cuz I think thats sort of what this post is about,,,, if someone is defending a relic and someone else wants it and takes it and in the process of taking it back and defending it better the first guild cracks a few heads that you might swoop down and say stop it and play nice or something :P

I don't see any problem there. PvPing is part of the game, taking relics is part of the game...

#23 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 September 2013 - 13:39

i voted no sorry bro

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#24 Nikita90

Nikita90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 23:09

Relics belong to HCS. Guilds claiming that they 'own' a Relic and it is 'theirs' that no one else may attack are dead wrong. It does not belong to them and they are open for all to try and capture.

I think this sums up this thread perfectly lol.

I am in full agreement  

#25 milon9999

milon9999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:32

I'm also totally agreed with BigGrim, But why so hate and war. if any guild lost control of the relics then just recapture it. it's so simple.

dbzteengohansig_by_zzkurozz-d69715k.png

#26 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:36

Guilds can defend their relics any way they wish as long as it isn't breaking any rules.. 

#27 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:40

Guilds can defend their relics any way they wish as long as it isn't breaking any rules..

There's only two ways to defend a Relic. Defend it with a strong force or take it back when lost. However, far too many players think it is acceptable to threaten players with violence, in-game and in real life for touching 'their' relic. It is not. We take a rather dim view of such behaviour.

#28 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 19:34

There's only two ways to defend a Relic. Defend it with a strong force or take it back when lost. However, far too many players think it is acceptable to threaten players with violence, in-game and in real life for touching 'their' relic. It is not. We take a rather dim view of such behaviour.

I just would like to re-clarify for the purpose of this discussion that I am still allowed to PvP ANYONE for ANY reason as long as I don't threaten them with violence, real or imaginary. Yes?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#29 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 20:43

I get the real life part,,, thats crossing a line. But the rest is either new or not done very often. All been chalked up to this being a pvp game but I can name off 3 guilds that WILL hit you and your guildmates if you take "their" relic. I know of at least 2 guilds that will include taking any relics your guild has at the slightest sign of disrespect to them or a member.

I think the game needs a memo if you cant hit someone for taking,,,, the relic your guild is currently holding,, This is the first ive ever heard of the cows comming to the rescue of a player of guild that got into pvp by taking a relic and heard AND SEEN (even tho they werent supposed to share ticket details) a reply stating (not a direct quote)  its a pvp game deal with it.

#30 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 21:49

PvP is part of the game and should remain so.  Trash-talking on the other hand is childish and unprofessional.  It has no place in this game or in real life as far as I'm concerned.  If you can't articulate your points in a rational and calm way you should just keep your mouth shut until you learn.  After all, it's better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you're a fool than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Screenshot everything!

#31 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 21:51

for verification, can you put the, example, statement "Will do hourly attacks if you take our relics" in your or guild's bio. NOT sending personal messages but addressing all of FS.. or is that breaking the rules?

#32 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 21:57

Im still wondering when it was changed,,, might be time to get the A team back together XD

#33 fortville

fortville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 September 2013 - 22:05

Seems to me that the only violence possible in-game is PvP so if you attack someone or members of someone's guild for taking or attempting to take "your" relic then you are very much in the wrong and your actions are completely unacceptable per Grim's statement.

Posted Image

#34 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 22:32

Seems to me that the only violence possible in-game is PvP so if you attack someone or members of someone's guild for taking or attempting to take "your" relic then you are very much in the wrong and your actions are completely unacceptable per Grim's statement.

he says "threaten players with violence, in-game and in real life" .. some type of words or a statement have to occur for it to be a 'threat'

if you have a silent reputation for PvP'n guilds when they take your relic, i can't see that being against ANY rules.. 

tis why i'm wondering if you have a statement in your guild's bio or your own, if that is against HCS's view on threats of PvP in-game.. 

i can see in a situation, you send a message to a player "If you undercut my prices in the AH, myself or guild members will PvP you" - could look bad for the game if allowed to happen.. BUT if you are going to start punishing players for threatening others with PvP for any reason, then it should be for ALL reasons.. which i don't know if that would be good for the game over all

#35 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 22:49

he says "threaten players with violence, in-game and in real life" .. some type of words or a statement have to occur for it to be a 'threat'

if you have a silent reputation for PvP'n guilds when they take your relic, i can't see that being against ANY rules.. 

tis why i'm wondering if you have a statement in your guild's bio or your own, if that is against HCS's view on threats of PvP in-game.. 

i can see in a situation, you send a message to a player "If you undercut my prices in the AH, myself or guild members will PvP you" - could look bad for the game if allowed to happen.. BUT if you are going to start punishing players for threatening others with PvP for any reason, then it should be for ALL reasons.. which i don't know if that would be good for the game over all

+1 

And everyone loses their minds!

Because nobody is going to say why they decided to attack another player and speculations as to why will abound, then the cows ticket box gets stuffed full of "I outbid a guy a month ago on a pot in AH and now hes pvp me!!!"

If its made clear to all this is how it is now we all will respect that but up till now nobody has enforced anything against pvp because of relic attempts,, nor claims of relic ownership or intent to fight for said relic at all in fact the total opposite has happened,,, people have been told to deal with pvp and that people CAN hit you for someone in the guild attempting to take a relic!

#36 fortville

fortville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 September 2013 - 23:12

Just to continue playing the devil's advocate :D .... A silent reputation is still an implied threat much as a river full of crocodiles is viewed as a threat. Though the crocs have not said they are going to make a meal of you if you enter their territory you certainly feel threatened and don't go there. So a statement does not have to be made for the threat to exist. Therefore, again per Grim, you may not PvP in relic defense.

Posted Image

#37 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 23:13

Don't even risk it,say NOTHING. I'm so tired of being micro-managed to protect an overly sensitive player about what I can or can't say in a PM. I will defend any relic our guild is protecting through PvP. Nobody has said I can't PvP. I am not threatening anyone. I am reacting to harassment of our guild just like I know I can lose 5 levels from any attack. I will be accountable and responsible for my actions. Just because some players CHOOSE not to accept PvP is part of the game, it shouldn't cause me to have to play differently. Maybe the perpetrators should take less defended relics. In fact I believe if you have opted out of PvP you should be prevented from taking relics. Go play in a shell!!!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#38 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 23:45

Don't even risk it,say NOTHING. I'm so tired of being micro-managed to protect an overly sensitive player about what I can or can't say in a PM. I will defend any relic our guild is protecting through PvP. Nobody has said I can't PvP. I am not threatening anyone. I am reacting to harassment of our guild just like I know I can lose 5 levels from any attack. I will be accountable and responsible for my actions. Just because some players CHOOSE not to accept PvP is part of the game, it shouldn't cause me to have to play differently. Maybe the perpetrators should take less defended relics. In fact I believe if you have opted out of PvP you should be prevented from taking relics. Go play in a shell!!!

+1000

Wasnt it said a few times about a couple different parts of the game,,, "everything should have a risk"

#39 Removed94

Removed94

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:49

.... A silent reputation is still an implied threat....

There's a difference between being perceived as a threat and actively threatening someone.

#40 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 13:23

Not picking a side here but, I have a question. When does it stop being an okay tactic to use pvp for non pvp situations?

Is it fine to drive off others guild from the titan fields with pvp attacks if they beat you, or control the arena using pvp?

I get the whole 'I should be able to pvp for any reason' but surely there has to be a line drawn somewhere?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: