Photo

Big Problem With Relics ??

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Big Problem With Relics ?? (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Are u agree with me ?

1. Yes (20 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

2. No (28 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Removed94

Removed94

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 00:11

I think it was a few years back now, so I may have missed something said between then and now; but there was a pvp battle started, think that was over relics as well. The cows stepped in and put an end to it; and the reason given was that they had no problem with pvp being used but only with the threats and comments made between players in pm.

By that, I see pvp as always an option to aid in any part of the game....

The alternative is to get everyone to embrace pvp and then maybe things will change if people aren't so afraid of getting hit and see how enjoyable it can be to take part in pvp.

#42 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 18:56

Not picking a side here but, I have a question. When does it stop being an okay tactic to use pvp for non pvp situations?

Is it fine to drive off others guild from the titan fields with pvp attacks if they beat you, or control the arena using pvp?

I get the whole 'I should be able to pvp for any reason' but surely there has to be a line drawn somewhere?

Once you start drawing the line, where do you stop?  When do you say it's OK to pvp someone in certain situations and not OK in others?  How do you control everybody in the game that may or may not be involved in a particular situation?  I was accused some while back of helping in war because I made a gold hit on someone and the target was warring with one of my allies.  I politely informed them that none of my allies needed or had requested my help in dealing with this person, although I would have been happy to help if they had asked.  Furthermore, I really didn't care what else was going on, I saw a target with a large amount of gold and and I went for it.  So how are you going to regulate that situation?  I think the cows have enough to deal with as it is without asking them to play babysitter for every 100 stam hit that gets thrown.

Screenshot everything!

#43 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 21:27

Once you start drawing the line, where do you stop? So how are you going to regulate that situation?  I think the cows have enough to deal with as it is without asking them to play babysitter for every 100 stam hit that gets thrown.

Inquiring minds would like to know,,how will something like this that happens regularly and not just for a relic take because people have hit others for outbidding on AH, losing a GVG, losing an arena (yes I got attacked for beating someone in arena!) and other stuff? Because if its a case of pvp is ok till someone whines about it you may as well just remove it and make it a milk and cookie leveling party now.

#44 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 21:36

I was hoping there would be a cows post here clarifying things about this but after a couple days figured its just a non issue.

Today I ran into a guy whos avatar says this,,,,

"Off to defend (wont post the relic name to avoid unwanted attention on this player)"

"no you cant have it"

"I will pvp you till you cry"

"got exp lock like a boss"

To me thats just good defending, a implied threat of retaliation and statement of their resolve to defend that relic

I also know that HCS owns all parts of the game including gear you bought and upgraded with points you bought so its a moot point who owns them BUT,, we are encouraged to defend them and many guilds have and do make statements about that including this example.

I also pvp people for little or no reason but have and have seen many examples of someone being pvped for capturing a relic

I also GvG and throw one for little or no reason and seen many examples of someone doing a GvG in retaliation for a capture,, and done that myself too.

And so I must ask and for purposes of reply lets call this question 1

As long as nobody takes it too far to a point where it disrupts the game can we pvp for any reason but if the reason the target was brought to my attention was a relic capture or attempt will I get suspended or banned for hitting them? What if they ask why I and I say because this is how I found them and decided to hit, what if I say I decided to hit because of the attempt? What if I say I hit to discourage more attempts?

A LOT of guilds have done it and nobody has made it a issue,,, that I know of,, yet. Also most times this happens because 2 guilds want the same relic and after a day or so of back and forth even guilds that dont "claim" a relic take it to pvp.

A LOT of guilds take relics to retaliate against other guilds and players who are members there I looked but seems tickets from pre portal are gone now or id add the # from one example of this over a year ago and a guild we left,,, there wasnt any enforcement of a guilds right to take others relics then even if they were stating specifically it was an attempt to get us kicked directed at the leaders of our new guild. (not appropriate to discuss here but I can provide more details to admin in pm on how that wasn't interfered with back then)

SO question 2 and really the important one,,,,

As long as we are all playing nice can we continue to do so? I think this post is more about taking things to excess and since everything is case by case basis as long as people arent going overboard or way too far like saying they will take it to real life or make threats of violence its all just relic taking, pvping and tossing around stam right?? Its the above and beyond, the point where it dusrupts the entire game or becomes a issue of excessive fighting that is when you have to step in correct???

EDIT,, these are hard questions there may never be a black and white answer to! I hope we can at least get a little more clear description of where the grey area starts tho.

And it came up today so, Question 3, because bountys can expire now and even tho anyone can pvp anyone for no reason, take anyones bounty (even if they say in bio you cant because they are at war with some other guild) and be counter bountyed for any reason, is it ok to say that you will counter bounty and/or have someone deleved because you have decided you are tough enough yours should expire with nobody taking it??? This message was shared today,,,,

(name removed) says: why did you take my bounty? because i was in epics maybe? you wil be posted as i see no reason that i should lose xp now that bounties are allowed to expire.

Theres others but it gives clues to the identity of the sender, long and short can you threaten bounty hunters with bountys if they take yours? Can you add threats or promises of delevs (some guilds are known to back mates with no questions). Can someone say that they are exempt from having a bounty cleared??

#45 milon9999

milon9999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 14:09

Just bringing this thread back up so that the more players can find it more easily. :D

dbzteengohansig_by_zzkurozz-d69715k.png

#46 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 16:03

No guild owns any relic, they are free game to any guild. I see some tiny guilds with say 4 relics and they only have about 6 active members. Just go take the relics you want, pack your members onto it, ignore verbal/written threats and defend the relic in the best way you can. Take the relic back on the hour should anyone take it off of your guild and should any guild start offensive procedures against you like hourly hits, get your guild to return fire and lose them levels. In most cases the aggressors will cry off as usually it is those guilds that start offensive acts to scare people off of relics who cry the hardest when relics are taken.

Basically defend yourself and stand up for your rights to a relic.

• Rek likes this

#47 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:29

could always randomly change where they are like aura rock switches with blue chasm relic lets see if players can say they own this or that

#48 IzzyDead

IzzyDead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 16:38

...... relics r their ......... but they r wrong.......... who knows , u will be.......... not while we r playing, ....

PLEASE type out your words.

Posted Image

#49 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 18:52

Since i have been playing for long, and i saw that some guild think that relics r their father's property. They got it by their father's right . They do start war with the other guild who recapture  it. but they r wrong, relics belongs to the game whoever capture it, it goes under that guild for 1 hour and again it's open to recapture it. So, why war ? why so hate ? it's a game so why so serious? who knows , u will be alive tomorrow to play this game. So, why not while we r playing, we should play for enjoy not for hate or war.

so, who is agree with my opinion ?

Wars have always been fun in FS, they promoted teamwork and emotionally engaged to the game. Sad to see the game dying without them.

Edited by avvakum, 26 September 2013 - 18:53.

#50 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 19:29

I get the whole 'I should be able to pvp for any reason' but surely there has to be a line drawn somewhere?

FS is a hybrid game. Crossing genres was a risky move - appealing to two groups == appealing to neither, but ok. No lines between challenges in hybrid games.    

#51 Rek

Rek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 May 2014 - 22:22

Wars have always been fun in FS, they promoted teamwork and emotionally engaged to the game. Sad to see the game dying without them.

You're just not looking in the right spots. ;-) 

hehe, wars are everywhere. They are very fun, so long as the verbal abuse keeps it's limits.

Big sexy Sig by the one, the only, the marvelous, Beanopoly

#52 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 22:42

You're just not looking in the right spots. ;-) 

hehe, wars are everywhere. They are very fun, so long as the verbal abuse keeps it's limits.

LOL! Making a mockery of any verbal abuse is half the fun :P

Cheers.

wil72

#53 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:57

Only been one legit Guild war that happened since I came back to FS, which is over 1 1/2 years.... I'm suprised this was even made an issue of last year. :/

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#54 WGRahl

WGRahl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 06 May 2014 - 00:18

HCS created the basic functionality that guilds can attack, defend and hold a Relic.   Each relic provides some sort of benefit.  Some Relics provide such a great benefit  that in that defense some guilds decide if a player invades their relic they will not only hit that invading player but they will hunt down their guild and make sure everyone suffers for daring to allow one of them to invade their turf.   Of course why not.  They are bigger and stronger and if the weaker gang/guild does not like it they should leave.   And so they do leave, the game.

Yes, the game allow it.  But let's not kid ourselves it sounds a lot like this:

Some corners and hoods are better for pushing drugs or prostitution than other corners.  The pushers, pimps and mafia will defend their turf.   Some hoods are better than others.  Some hoods provide such a great benefit  that in that defense some gangs decide if a person invades their turf  they will not only attack that invading person but they will hunt down their family and make sure everyone suffers for daring to allow one of them to invade their turf.   Of course why not.  They are bigger and stronger and if the weaker don't not like it they should leave.   And so they do leave, until all that is left is bullies and gangs fighting over turf.

Yes, it is a "virtual game", and we are allowed to attack each other in the game.  But you have to realize if you run off all the meeker less bully like players the game will die because no one wants to live in your trashed neighborhood.   You will end up being the biggest, badest, most awesome guild in a pile of trash. 

If you run off all the meeker players who will buy your Epics?  Who will read you FS Box messages?  Who will donate money to HCS for FSP?  

The alternatives. 

Someone attempts to take your relic and does not succeed.   A simple message can be sent that you really like this HCS relic and plan to defended it.   Then you buff you leaders and chuckle in guild chat how that ding bat has burned 2000 stam trying to take the relic.  

Or someone takes your relic.  60 seconds later, take it back.   The rules allow that also. 

Another option HCS could consider is diminishing returns.   The longer a relic is held the less bonuses it produces.  If you overwork a field the less fruit it will garner year over year. 

Edited by WGRahl, 06 May 2014 - 00:23.

#55 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 23:20

HCS created the basic functionality that guilds can attack, defend and hold a Relic.   Each relic provides some sort of benefit.  Some Relics provide such a great benefit  that in that defense some guilds decide if a player invades their relic they will not only hit that invading player but they will hunt down their guild and make sure everyone suffers for daring to allow one of them to invade their turf.   Of course why not.  They are bigger and stronger and if the weaker gang/guild does not like it they should leave.   And so they do leave, the game.

Yes, the game allow it.  But let's not kid ourselves it sounds a lot like this:

Some corners and hoods are better for pushing drugs or prostitution than other corners.  The pushers, pimps and mafia will defend their turf.   Some hoods are better than others.  Some hoods provide such a great benefit  that in that defense some gangs decide if a person invades their turf  they will not only attack that invading person but they will hunt down their family and make sure everyone suffers for daring to allow one of them to invade their turf.   Of course why not.  They are bigger and stronger and if the weaker don't not like it they should leave.   And so they do leave, until all that is left is bullies and gangs fighting over turf.

Yes, it is a "virtual game", and we are allowed to attack each other in the game.  But you have to realize if you run off all the meeker less bully like players the game will die because no one wants to live in your trashed neighborhood.   You will end up being the biggest, badest, most awesome guild in a pile of trash. 

If you run off all the meeker players who will buy your Epics?  Who will read you FS Box messages?  Who will donate money to HCS for FSP?  

The alternatives. 

Someone attempts to take your relic and does not succeed.   A simple message can be sent that you really like this HCS relic and plan to defended it.   Then you buff you leaders and chuckle in guild chat how that ding bat has burned 2000 stam trying to take the relic.  

Or someone takes your relic.  60 seconds later, take it back.   The rules allow that also. 

Another option HCS could consider is diminishing returns.   The longer a relic is held the less bonuses it produces.  If you overwork a field the less fruit it will garner year over year. 

72499-minion-WHAT-gif-Imgur-02n6_zpse50a

Cheers.

wil72

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: