• This topic is locked This topic is locked
229 replies to this topic

#201 MightyBart

MightyBart

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:45

Hoof, i'm not really a fan of the forums, but this seem's a bit weird, and long winded, you are still going to get players, who go through all of that, only to go to the seller and ask question's, the player might not want to buff a certain buff and the other player knows they have it, after all searching and clicking and frustration you want to add more? sometimes things dont need to be corrected, plus I like looking at players profiles, it's all starting to sound a bit robotic repitition i dnt want to feel like im back at work i want to play the game in the easiest sense of the word possible, (just my opinion).

I totaly agree with liking to look at players profiles and the sport of finding the right buffs - even though as I "grow older" gamewise I have less need to search a lot of my allies come from these searches. This is a gam and it should remain a game, in my opinion too many things have already been made too easy. I started to buy fsp because I couldn't handle the lack of back packs space. Why do you want to wrap everyone and everything in cotton?

#202 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 January 2014 - 15:25

I have to agree with Bart.  I haven't been on as long as some of the posters here, but the game has certainly gotten easier in the last 5 years.  I am always amazed at the prices folk charge for their buffs, with the exception of some of the upper level buffs, you can do much better at the AH getting potions.  It's true they don't last as long, but they are usually MUCH cheaper.  Of course I'm looking at things from a level 329 viewpoint, which hasn't changed over my career here.  I'll go so far as to say that the need to get buffs NOW is a symptom of instant gratification.  Guilds used to stress that their members plan ahead, and get their potions from the AH instead of the higher priced stuff from the potion bazaar.  I see various players stating in their bio's that they want their guildmates to buff themselves first, (what a novel concept!!) use their potions, and THEN ask for buffs.  It certainly is possible to play FS without having a level 1800 buff you with everything that he/she has.  But I digress, sort of. 

After reading all the posts, I am really getting to think that this is a solution in search of a problem.

#203 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 17:50

Hoof,

Here's an idea that will benefit players while supporting HCS.

The idea is similar to Auction House + Secure Trade.

In Character Upgrade:

"Sell Buff" = 5 fsp per upgrade

"Buy Buff" = 5 fsp per upgrade

Buff House menu (like Action House):

• Player has option to BUY a buff with a price they are willing to pay.  You can post X time based on your character upgrade of Buy Buff. 
    For example, I will post a request to buy Smashing Hammer for 200,000 gold or 1 fsp
  • Player has option to SELL a buff with a price they are willing to sell.  You can post X time based on your character upgrade of Sell Buff. 
    For example, I will post a request to sell my buff Stalker for 100,000 gold or 1 fsp

When posting a request to sell buffs, the player can specify how many time they will sell that buff.  For example, I want to sell Stalker 20 time.  Every time a player bought 1, the number reduces 1 until 0 left.

For the purpose of gold sink, every time a player post a request in Buff House, they have to pay a 1,000 gold fee per buff.  For example, I want to sell Stalker 20 times, I have to pay 20,000 gold.  If I post a request to buy Stalker, I'll pay 1,000 gold.

I'm available to chat in detail if you are interested.

beg2lose

Edited by beg2lose, 02 January 2014 - 18:31.

#204 Xainth

Xainth

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 18:47

This game had gotten so easy, you're just about a fool for being killed for not paying attention.

I have no problem with making buffs easier to find but again this takes away from the challenge of the game?  Don't we have potions for just about every buff that is out there?  And with distil it increases it's level.  The potion bazaar was a great problem solver to finding some needed potions.

Gold go automatically to your bank? That's stupid. If you sell on the auction house something while offline your gold goes on your character.  Yes people have the opportunity to hit you and steal your gold.  That's a risk you have to take.  Even in real life, if you open a store, one day it will probably get robbed. 

Sell buffs while offline?  I think that's dumb too.  I mean you put stuff in the AH or Marketplace and sell it offline, you're not physically having to do anything.  Kinda hard for you to "cast spells" while you're offline and asleep in your bed.  Even with it being automatic, that's fine but you're still online when it's done.

To the goof ball selling buffs for 5k each to "help other players and not for profit;"  that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of in my life.  IF you'd work on your own player at your low level instead of selling buffs so cheap and useless you could raise your level. Many of us have paid real money to upgrade our character.  We've paid to increase or stamina gain per hour, xp gain per hour and our max stamina to increase the level of our players.  To sell level 175 buffs for 5k each is buying a used car for a $1000 bucks and letting your friends borrow it for free and you still pay for the gas, tires and oil.  Use your head for more than a hat rack.

I'm wondering when they're going to make this game so easy that they have a live chat button that anyone can go to at any time and you'll be able to video conference with them and ask questions such as "what gear and buffs do I need to wear to kill a rat?"  I mean, we're almost there aren't we?  We might as well have someone hold our hand as we hit the kill monster or pvp key.  This game is getting so easy it's no wonder that people have stopped playing and "donating" to the game as they call it.  When its not really donating.  

COWS !!!!!!!!  Yall started a great game!! I can only imagine how profitable it use to be!!  But you don't win by starting a football game great the first half of the game!  You have to continue to the end or the fans will leave and that's what's happening!! NOTHING is a challenge!! You change the game cause new players who don't last long cry and want their way.  Come on now.  Let's get this game back great again!! We went without PVP protection for how long and did great?  We did without this buff finder crap for how long and nobody complained?  Get your heads out of the grass and let's turn this game back around.

#205 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2014 - 19:01

I do think there are bigger issues that could be worked on than this aspect. I mean how hard is it to find buffs? Simple solution, add in the FS Helper feature called "find Buffs" into the main game and make it possible to Secure Trade them..? I cannot imagine it would take that long and most likely could have been implemented by now to avoid all this chatter on the subject.

I would like to point out that I have reviewed the original voting options for the development roadmap and I cannot actually see this feature on there, no wonder I never voted for it, it seems I was not given this option??

Whilst I have been scammed for buffs before by people not paying for them, that was my own error in trusting said people, however I now know the major scammers and so it is not longer an issue, furthermore 99% of the FS community are decent folk who are honest and trustworthy so having a secure way to sell/buy buffs is, in my eyes, totally redundant. I have stated a very simple solution to solve the issue of finding buffs and making the transactions secure, no reason for a whole marketplace... :rolleyes: :unsure:

#206 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 02 January 2014 - 19:22

I do think there are bigger issues that could be worked on than this aspect. I mean how hard is it to find buffs? Simple solution, add in the FS Helper feature called "find Buffs" into the main game and make it possible to Secure Trade them..? I cannot imagine it would take that long and most likely could have been implemented by now to avoid all this chatter on the subject.

I would like to point out that I have reviewed the original voting options for the development roadmap and I cannot actually see this feature on there, no wonder I never voted for it, it seems I was not given this option??

Whilst I have been scammed for buffs before by people not paying for them, that was my own error in trusting said people, however I now know the major scammers and so it is not longer an issue, furthermore 99% of the FS community are decent folk who are honest and trustworthy so having a secure way to sell/buy buffs is, in my eyes, totally redundant. I have stated a very simple solution to solve the issue of finding buffs and making the transactions secure, no reason for a whole marketplace... :rolleyes: :unsure:

"Buff Marketplace" did get 196 votes here:

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=58946 (6th from the bottom)

However, I do fully agree with the rest of this post.  This is a totally unnecessary addition.

#207 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 19:25

I still believe that all this is a waste of work-hours for fixing something that has no problem....
Playing a game is all about reaching goals and getting rewarded for this...
So pefhaps new medals that mean something and rewards players in return should where we shoud aim.
Instead of making all this trouble, perhaps u should add a buffer medal, from whitch lets say, when ubuff
1000 buffs per month, system rewards you with 500 stamina... or if u buy 1000 buffs, system rewards u wwith
50 more max stamina...
Things that could promote being active and online the most....
also, rethink things that put penalties and barriers to ppl from playing each aspect of the game...
And remove them!!!
I still believe that all this is a waste of work-hours for fixing something that has no problem....
Playing a game is all about reaching goals and getting rewarded for this...
So pefhaps new medals that mean something and rewards players in return should where we shoud aim.
Instead of making all this trouble, perhaps u should add a buffer medal, from whitch lets say, when ubuff
1000 buffs per month, system rewards you with 500 stamina... or if u buy 1000 buffs, system rewards u wwith
50 more max stamina...
Things that could promote being active and online the most....
also, rethink things that put penalties and barriers to ppl from playing each aspect of the game...
And remove them!!!

#208 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 19:27

I was about to post something like this and I started arguing with myself so I cancelled my post... lol... My 2 suggestions were going to be to add the "find buff" function as you suggested then the argument with self ensued on the 2nd suggestion... a secure way to sell/buy buffs... As you mentioned, 99% of the population is very trust worthy. Those that steal buffs will eventually find themselves very limited on who they can get buffs from. and it's kinda fun finding the thieves and iggy'ing them. It's good to find out who these characters are as you may end up pulling them into your guild if it were not for your experience with them in stiffing people for payment on buffs. I can see merit on both sides and my bar for this upgrade keeps going down... at first I was for the buff marketplace as Hoof is suggesting... then I was in for just the 2 changes... and now I'm down to just one... lol

#209 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2014 - 20:10

I've changed my mind about the option to sell them anonymously. I think it would make it very impersonal and even though the gold gets transferred in-hand, the buyer controls when this happens within a timeframe so I think it's ok to have a bit of risk here.

Thank you to everyone who has given feedback on this topic as a whole - we're going to start work on it and hopefully have it ready by the middle of next week :)

#210 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:34

Just curious is the buff market place going to come out before the new 1800, 2000 buffs or after?

#211 Kepong

Kepong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Badge
  • Malaysia

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:03

My only issue is this - do not break FSH find buffs when u implement this.

U broke FSH auto wear with the new BP!!  :wacko:

U guys r too polite :) u only ask 1 buffer at a time? i ask 2 or 3 at 1 time so if they r on auto refresh no biggie. Whoever  buffs gets my business. first come first serve. 

#212 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:35

Just curious is the buff market place going to come out before the new 1800, 2000 buffs or after?

I may be alone in this - but I'm cool with no 1800 buffs and the gap going to 400 and the 2000 buffs being next. How many new buffs do we need?

I'll not be sad if we get 1800 and 2000 buffs, but at some stage the gap needs to widen - we have survived happily to 1925+ without new buffs, I think we can go to 2000 and not have the game turn upside down.

U guys r too polite :) u only ask 1 buffer at a time? i ask 2 or 3 at 1 time so if they r on auto refresh no biggie. Whoever  buffs gets my business. first come first serve. 

I understand why you do that, but it still bugs me. I get a request, put buff master and/or reinforce and extend on... go to buff the guy... he has them already. I just burned 70 stam for zip. But on the flip side - waiting for people who don't answer must drive folk crazy - hence they do multiple buff requests.

*Is that why we are doing this buff market thing??? LOL!*

FWIW - I am never on auto refresh...

Edited by Belaric, 03 January 2014 - 06:40.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#213 callmeabc

callmeabc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:32

I've changed my mind about the option to sell them anonymously. I think it would make it very impersonal and even though the gold gets transferred in-hand, the buyer controls when this happens within a timeframe so I think it's ok to have a bit of risk here.

Thank you to everyone who has given feedback on this topic as a whole - we're going to start work on it and hopefully have it ready by the middle of next week :)

Could we get the idea resummed up on the new feed in game?

Avatar upgrade - http://forums.hunted...showtopic=55576

GvG tracking ideas -

In the advisor - http://forums.hunted...showtopic=55250

In a building - http://forums.hunted...showtopic=53004

#214 PXT

PXT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 January 2014 - 00:04

I like it!! thumbs up!

PXT

#215 WamU

WamU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:25

I didn't read all of the replies, but I like the idea.  My big concern is autorefresh.  Many players apear to be online when they are not.  It is extremely frustrating asking for buffs and being ignored.  One comment I saw said something about feedback.  Overall I love the idea, but wish there was a way to eliminate the markeplace listing if autorefresh kicks in. 

#216 cordio

cordio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 00:35

After reading all of the comments. I see only one problem that occurred to me from the begining. Guerrilla buffing. If someone can have a buff pack blocked because they got one or some of the buffs first (between request and confirmation) -it seems that that would almost make some one mad at someone else in their own guild who saw that the person was about to hunt (or whatever)  and hit them.  

In the past years, I have occasionally been hit by guildmates with buffs like ignite that I didn't need (because one-hitting) and detracted from firing of Reckoning. I can't be upset because I could have blocked that buff (like many others). Problerm solved. But, an attempt to assist (guerrilla buffing) from a guild-mate (or some other ally) in a situation that you want the buff -but it wreaks the buff pack could be irritating. I suppose it would be real easy to renegotiate. Or let the pack go through and the buyer recompensate. . . . How many buffs would block the pack?  Etc. . . 

Cheers!

#217 Aceshunter

Aceshunter

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 January 2014 - 22:13

Maybe I am too late with this answer, but you can not blame a guy for trying :

(1) you can select an off/on switch making clear what your buffing-status is in order to not always having to redefine your buff packages and single buffs you are selling (always having to repeat the same action would annoy me big time :-D)

(2) the number of buff packages you can propose is unlimited, the more you can propose, the more chance a potential buyer will find what he is looking for

(3) if a potential buyer does not find what he is looking for, he can make his own package according to the available buffs a buff-seller is selling and send a proposal to the potential buff-seller. This proposal will not only mention the requested buffs and the price the buyer is willing to pay, but also the maximum stamina that will be used when accepting the offer. This way the seller can use extend, reinforce, buff master, ... on himself and then click on okay to make the deal happen.

(4) Before sending the request for a certain buff or buff package, the fallensword engine has to make sure that one or more requested buffs have not already been cast on that player. A warning should be issued or maybe even the deal may not be approved. This would go bothways if a seller would accept a certain deal, a warning should be issued or a deal must be cancelled if a certain buff has already been cast on the requesting player.

(5) The search engine for the "skill trading post" should be containing all different kinds of filters;

* player levels

* skills

* skill level

* skill cost / skill package cost

* all the skills sellers are selling to let a buyer define their own skill package

(6) VERY IMPORTANT :

like a seperate alert for our mailbox, personal messages, secure trade, ... , there should also be a seperate alert box for the "skill trading post", so that it is very clear that people are currently wanting to buy your single skill or skill packages

That's about it ;-)

#218 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:55

I would like an answer to my post on page 10, number 188, please. I wouldn't normally double post, but i feel that the post is important

#219 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:13

I would like an answer to my post on page 10, number 188, please. I wouldn't normally double post, but i feel that the post is important

Post #188

I've been thinking about this for awhile now.. My question is if you willingly sign up to sell buffs, at whichever price you want, why do you have to agree upon selling it? I know a lot of the newly found "fast service" is a whole lotta hooey. The time it would take me to agree is the same time it would take me to FSHelper my way to buffing someone traditionally. So, i would like to ask that if you sign up for this new thing, it will automatically sell. It's a little redundant to have the seller officially agree, after he's already agreed to sell at X amount of money

The reason for the requirement of confirming the sale is to prevent people from auto-selling while offline; they must be at their computer in order to confirm the sale.

#220 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:17

Post #188

The reason for the requirement of confirming the sale is to prevent people from auto-selling while offline; they must be at their computer in order to confirm the sale.

I do not see how an auto-refreshed ( actually offline) buff seller is bad. Someone mentioned a really good point a long time ago. If i can buy Smashing hammer from an auto-refreshed (actually offline) player, for a fifth of the price of the lowest online person, why is this being denied?

My whole thing is if I agree once to selling buffs at 5,000 , i shouldn't have to agree every single time. I already did when i set my prices.

Plus, it would add a fun aspect to PvP. The players who log off selling buffs!

Thanks for your reply.

Edited by Shadow19231, 08 January 2014 - 07:17.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: