#1 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:10

I love a good challenge, but a challenge is only a challenge if it's realistic...and well 50 mill isn't...I feel there was high expectations set and as flattered as I am that someone thought we could pull this off...its just not realistic...35 mill is realistic 40 mill if hooftest is helping out so if we could maybe lower the bar a bit that'd beh great ^_-  

Edited by xAnonemesisx, 01 November 2014 - 08:10.

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#2 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:19

Just looking at the Wiki and the Ruby tier for this same global in 2012 and 2013 was 50,000,000; FS community reached ruby tier for both those years. I personally see no need to "lower the bar a bit". 

Just my thoughts.

#3 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:29

Having reviewed the top 100 lists from those two years however, I see many of the people placed in those list are now inactive or have left the game, some of whom made substantial contributions towards the totals...

#4 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:31

Just looking at the Wiki and the Ruby tier for this same global in 2012 and 2013 was 50,000,000; FS community reached ruby tier for both those years. I personally see no need to "lower the bar a bit". 

Just my thoughts.

• Population was higher then it is now
  • Look at the current kills
  • Past active players that made large contributions are now inactive

You can't base it off of past events because the circumstances are different you have to lower and raise accordingly that's like buying shoes when your a kid and thinking you can still wear them as an adult this is the first global event I actually attempted to contribute with since I love halloween and even my 88k kills didn't scratch the surface 

Edited by xAnonemesisx, 01 November 2014 - 10:37.

#5 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:54

I did my part and then some... I'm NOT the only one.  But, we only have so much stam to burn.  I know I'll never make top 100, I just don't have the resources to attain enough stam, and if even I did, there is the time factor.  

The totals may have been more realistic had there not been so many other activities to do at the same time  I'm sure the fact that many are holding out for Titans that appear to be mostly MIA, and others are busy finishing the spooky quests so that they can be eligible for said Titans has a lot to do with the low kill totals.  

Then there are the LE's to contend with, always fun, but very much distracting from the global beasties as well.

Finally, there are our precious ZB's... They are our Pokemon, we gotta have 'em..

So, which critters give the big "points"?  You guessed it, the one with the least use to us...

There you have it... with a lower player base than ever before, and so many things to do at one time, it's no wonder we can't get the ball rolling.  Yeah, the goal here is unrealistic. Sorry, Big Guy, your math is very very flawed this year. 

Edited by BadPenny, 01 November 2014 - 10:54.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#6 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:07

I did my part and then some... I'm NOT the only one.  But, we only have so much stam to burn.  I know I'll never make top 100, I just don't have the resources to attain enough stam, and if even I did, there is the time factor.  

The totals may have been more realistic had there not been so many other activities to do at the same time  I'm sure the fact that many are holding out for Titans that appear to be mostly MIA, and others are busy finishing the spooky quests so that they can be eligible for said Titans has a lot to do with the low kill totals.  

Then there are the LE's to contend with, always fun, but very much distracting from the global beasties as well.

Finally, there are our precious ZB's... They are our Pokemon, we gotta have 'em..

So, which critters give the big "points"?  You guessed it, the one with the least use to us...

There you have it... with a lower player base than ever before, and so many things to do at one time, it's no wonder we can't get the ball rolling.  Yeah, the goal here is unrealistic. Sorry, Big Guy, your math is very very flawed this year. 

Couldn't have said it better myself. 

#7 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:15

Just my thoughts.

Much more to the point: the individual qualification for ruby in 2012 and 2013 was 25000, not 9000.

If you look on the main event thread, someone has gone back and noted that the average contribution from the top 100 is about 25% of the total kills (gets up to 43%, but I think that was for some of the very low qualification frag stash events). That could amount to more than 30M kills to be made up by the more competitive/eager/community-minded.

PS I think you will find all the other activities were there last year too, so the only differences are (1) lower players-online number, and (2) the much lower qualification level. I think the big difference is the latter.

Edited by rowbeth, 01 November 2014 - 11:17.

#8 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:12

There you have it... with a lower player base than ever before, and so many things to do at one time, it's no wonder we can't get the ball rolling. Yeah, the goal here is unrealistic. Sorry, Big Guy, your math is very very flawed this year.

It matters not Penny my dear. Math or no math all is as it should be. All is good. The universe is unfolding as it was intended. Now head on back to your keyboard and press 1 2 3 4 5... ;)
Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#9 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:13

bingo !!  all points are exactly what has happened...too many things going on at same time, last year the legends came out before the global..check out the thread "where did all the legendarys go" and you will see the dates that bg has for last years legendary events...the titans are much more sought after as players and guilds now understand how valuable those epic drops from those titan are.....stam is spread out...bg miscalculated this effect..oh well..cant win em all..just do the best we can

Edited by yodamus, 01 November 2014 - 12:17.

#10 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:37

It matters not Penny my dear. Math or no math all is as it should be. All is good. The universe is unfolding as it was intended. Now head on back to your keyboard and press 1 2 3 4 5... ;)

Like I said, I did my part... Finished my spooky quest, made some $$$ on ZB's, got some for myself, LEVELED UP, got my air javelin, and still managed to get over 17K kills WITHOUT a GB... I have one, I just don't have anymore stam to spend now, spent it all on other things.  And I haven't even gotten to hunt Tommy yet... He seems to be spawned when I'm asleep.  now, as for me clicking 1 2 3 4 5.... you all know I'm much better at sliding a particular slider back and forth from 10 to 100 ;)

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#11 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 13:56

No need to complain and ask for a lower target.. We will be rewarded with ruby no matter what happens.. Its been that way before and I don't doubt it will happen again

#12 Dowster

Dowster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2014 - 14:24

We have not been given Ruby rewards for failing to complete the tier in the past, we were given time extensions or lowered targets when the whole concept of global events was new, and there was some trial and error involved in setting realistic targets. After that we received lower tier chests for the few events in which the targets were not met.

The problem we have now is that those targets have to be relative to the number of active players to be functional, and this year it isn't.

Lowered personal qualification targets are a further hindrance, there will always be those who do the bare minimum for their own benefit, but even with the community pulling together as a whole, there is just not enough stam in the game at this point to reach the target within the set time. Unless several people decide to blow their life savings on +25 current stam, ruby tier may as well not exist

On the plus side, the extra chests for top 100 ranks is a nice motivation tool

Edited by Dowster, 01 November 2014 - 15:02.

#13 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 15:37

We have totally been given ruby rewards when we haven't hit ruby.. Was most likely a coding mistake though

#14 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 15:38

a373cb430f374eff7f25bf12ff1b4fa7b5acf145

#15 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 16:02

We know exactly how many active accounts we have in game, thanks.

from another discussion... The Cows are not dumb guys... We may not like every thing they do but they have access to more information then we do.

50 Million kills is alot but that is one heck of a good chest.  I only have 1 left I would love to get 4 more... but complaining does nothing nor does saying we will get the top tier chest even if we don't make it. I don't know about you but I have been thankful when The Cows cut us some slack.  Expecting that slack is another thing... lets just kill more.

I would have had a bunch more kills had I used a GB but i was trying to get more ZB  with my stamina.  Greedy, as I had to buy more BP space and would love to get a good amount of that FSP back so saying I am part of the problem on this kill count. I am sure others did the same.

#16 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 16:42

We have totally been given ruby rewards when we haven't hit ruby.. Was most likely a coding mistake though

I have only been in 5 global events since my return.  We didn't meet ruby's goal twice.  We were awarded with the ruby chests anyway on both occasions.  However, iirc, we were so very close each time, it was like a few more hours would have done the trick.  This time, I'm seeing we STILL haven't reached crystal, with less than 24 hours to go.  Tommy came out to play and has already been decimated, so, hopefully the Titan hunters will put on their spooky casters and get bizzy, so we can at least get the crystal chest...

#end rant

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#17 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 17:00

I have only been in 5 global events since my return.  We didn't meet ruby's goal twice.  We were awarded with the ruby chests anyway on both occasions.  However, iirc, we were so very close each time, it was like a few more hours would have done the trick.  This time, I'm seeing we STILL haven't reached crystal, with less than 24 hours to go.  Tommy came out to play and has already been decimated, so, hopefully the Titan hunters will put on their spooky casters and get bizzy, so we can at least get the crystal chest...

#end rant

Look on the bright side Penny... the lower tier chests would be great for PvP

Edited by justinian9, 01 November 2014 - 17:00.

#18 j3k

j3k

Posted 01 November 2014 - 19:28

*post removed*

Edited by j3k, 02 November 2014 - 07:45.

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 19:36

Look on the bright side Penny... the lower tier chests would be great for PvP

That's all fine and good, but I kinda had my heart set on that super level up potion in the ruby chest... There is where I need assistance, not in PvP... I know how to make myself most awesome with what we have available on a regular basis, but I always seem to start 2 levels down... 

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#20 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2014 - 19:49

I can agree that in the past I thought it was pathetic to ask for ruby tier chests when we did not earn it [came close though] and then the bug in a global event that gave people them....all I can say is 35 mill looks like the sweet spot as earlier suggested if we can't get a fair playing field then hell with wasting stamina on it for future events this was a miscalculation or intentional either way hope those preaching that 50 mill is achievable within 16 hours is a success but simply not realistic :] 

Edited by xAnonemesisx, 01 November 2014 - 19:49.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: