• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JayTo

JayTo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:52

I am running into people on ladder that are receiving auto-buff. These people have a high level running a script that keeps them fully buffed 24/7, always. When they have full buff including 'luck win' buffs such as golden shield / savagery / high guard, they are difficult to beat 100% of the time. I do not have this advantage of being fully buffed 100% of the time because there is no script running on me to keep me buffed. I don't want to use script to play the games, I think it ruins all the fun. It is ruining it for me right now, not being able to compete with a bot that never sleeps. What do you think?

#2 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 13:09

Someone in your range would be very limited to what they are able to cast automatically on themselves using auto refresh to cast skills on self when offline. Those buffs would be limited to 170 lvl skills too. Perhaps they have a lifetime buffer who keeps them lit up nearly 24/7, or are in a guild where they get that much support...the latter is very rare and not a typical custom in non PvP heavy guilds. I don't think it's scripting imo and if they are they would be caught if you report them. I don't think using auto refresh to buff is against the rules as I've seen this done a lot and it's costly on stam to the one's doing it. I think to do it you set your auto refresh on skill casting page and cast all skills prior to engaging it so each time it auto refreshes it repeats this action. I don't personally use it because I'm really always on :P but again, I've seen it done a lot

#3 JayTo

JayTo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 14:13

okay so it's refreshing the buff screen over and over at intervals. It's built into some browsers apparently. It's a special tool to automate the game:( If it should be allowed, it should be a feature added into game, so anyone can do it. Cell phone people are not going to be able to do it, it's unfair advantage depending on weather you are using the right 3rd party software or not - its not a function of the game itself! This is a bot in the simplest term.

#4 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 14:22

They actually have people who actually do real work now focused on app. You point of adding this feature so everyone is able to benefit from it would be great point to share with those new developers and it may be easy addition and improvement on app that should come one day lol. Looks like a feature on app that duplicates notification alerts of fs updater (Twitter) is already in the works and minds. This stuff improves gameplay and I believe will get attention if proposed in proper forums

#5 fantom55

fantom55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 23:11

for some disent paymant i could buff you 24/7... that is how it goes. trust me sometimes if your second or third and spent 1 or 2 dots on buffs you are more in + then person that has someone trowing buffs on him non stop(that is rly expencive)

#6 raining3s

raining3s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:25

You can pay someone to buff you in intervals. Every 5 hours for example. They simply pay people to buff them in sequences. Happens all the time

#7 JayTo

JayTo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 23:40

You can pay someone to buff you in intervals. Every 5 hours for example. They simply pay people to buff them in sequences. Happens all the time

I am not upset by the fact that they get buffed 'every 5 hours' or whatever, as long as the player doing it is doing it manually. Instead, there's a macro/script built into some browsers that refreshes the pages automatically every so often. It might refresh every 1 minute. Now the person is being buffed by a program. The player doing the buffing doesn't need to attend, only use the program to keep fully buffed. Fully buffed even while the sleep. I sent a ticket, grim said many ppls do it, and it's built into a browser so it's a allowed...and that it would be too hard to fight :( I don't agree, it's easy to see when someone is buffed with every buff as soon as one falls off for 120+ hours straight. Most ppl haven't experienced it, but if you have, it's very frustrating. Most of pvp revolves around buffs. Having a computer automatically cast 24/7 is impossible to beat constantly unless you too are using this special software. I don't think it's right to force people into using 3rd party software in order to stay competitive. Like we said above, if it were a feature built in the game it would be different.

#8 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 13 May 2018 - 00:21

I can tell you for one person to constantly buff people with a lot of buffs is extremely expensive stamina wise. Even if it's every 4-5 hrs. The person casting the buffs (if only one) would be out of Stam in no time, depending on their Stam bank.

As others have mentioned, some people have Allies/Guilds that pitch in a lot of support. There is also the Buff Market. At whatever rate he is doing, it's costing him (or others) some serious amount of resources. But then again... If someone has the money (or someone else's Goodwill + stamina to spend) will have the advantage of high buff upkeep.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: