Animal Magnetism 175 (30m)
Conserve 175 (30m)
Doubler 150 (30m)
---------------------------------------------------
Max Level: 100
Cost: 45,000 g (tentative)

- These 5 buffs are the staple hunting buffs especially for low-level players and shouldn't be affected by market price inflation.
- With the introduction of Gold Upgrades, I can easily see buff merchants raising their prices on these essential buffs
- High-level guild buffers aren't always online in most guilds, players usually search online merchant buffers (I know I do). The reason for creating this potion is because it is so frustrating for new players like me to find merchants who give reasonable prices. There is no way a level 20 player can afford a 30k per buff price, let alone the 1 FSP ones.
- Low-level players hunt for 30 minutes or less (and 30 minutes is a lot of time to consume 1000 or less stamina).
- This potion is specifically designed for low-level players (level 1-100).
- For low-level players, a 1000-stamina hunt usually earns an average of 80k gold with Treasure Hunter 175 and Merchant 175 (without TH and Merc, it's around 54.5k). So I think the price of 45k gold is a fair price for this potion, given it's short duration.

What do you think?

#2 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:06

Just a little correction about min level
Min level 1, max level 100 and it would be a great idea :)

I know it can be hard sometimes for the low guys to find those buffs

#3 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 14:24

I think it's not that great of an idea. Most social games, I prefer to go it alone and make fake friends just so I have enough friends to qualify for various aspects. FS "forced" me to be social and ask for buffs and such. It worked out so much better. As most agree. The community is the strength of this game and the welcoming committee is also on standby ready to help the lower levels

#4 fs_jossjob

fs_jossjob
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:32

Just a little correction about min level
Min level 1, max level 100 and it would be a great idea :)

I know it can be hard sometimes for the low guys to find those buffs

Ok I removed the limit.

I think it's not that great of an idea. Most social games, I prefer to go it alone and make fake friends just so I have enough friends to qualify for various aspects. FS "forced" me to be social and ask for buffs and such. It worked out so much better. As most agree. The community is the strength of this game and the welcoming committee is also on standby ready to help the lower levels

Being 'social' doesn't have anything to do with this. The issue here is the availability of high-level guild buffers. They aren't always online or have a different timezone than their guild members. I'd be glad if a guild buffer is online so I won't have to spend time to look for other buffers outside the guild and spend gold that I would otherwise use in upgrades. So your concern regarding the 'social' aspect of the game isn't really an issue.

Right now I'm sitting here trying to look for online buffers again because no high-level guild buffers are online. It's irritating that I have to search for more than 30 minutes just to get those basic buffs.

Can anyone from Hunted Cow Studios comment if this is feasible? If not, please also tell the reason why.

Edit: I tweaked the potion to add Doubler 150.

#5 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 November 2012 - 15:26

The issue here is the availability of high-level guild buffers. They aren't always online or have a different timezone than their guild members. I'd be glad if a guild buffer is online so I won't have to spend time to look for other buffers outside the guild and spend gold that I would otherwise use in upgrades. So your concern regarding the 'social' aspect of the game isn't really an issue.

Right now I'm sitting here trying to look for online buffers again because no high-level guild buffers are online. It's irritating that I have to search for more than 30 minutes just to get those basic buffs.

I don't know what you call high level, but there are always plenty of players online that sell level 175 buffs for a reasonable price. You can find them by using the Find Player option and use 500 as the minimum level (because level 500+ players can cast level 175 buffs).
Even level 1200+ and 1400+ players are nearly always online and often sell their buffs.

Apart from that, I think this new potion is a nice idea.
I agree with the maximum level so that this potion won't ruin it for buff sellers (that mostly sell their buffs to players above level 100) while at the same time keeps it a great potion for lower level players.

The only thing I disagree about is the price. It's too high.
Many level 1-100 players don't have 45k gold to spend on 4 buffs and will settle for level 140-150 buffs that they can get from guildies or buy for a total of 5k from various buffers. If the price would drop to around 10k-20k then it would be better in my opinion. :wink:

Or perhaps keep this potion at 45k and make another potion for 15k that has level 160 buffs in it. That way decent level buffs still become available for those with less gold. 8)

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#6 fs_jossjob

fs_jossjob
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:46

I don't know what you call high level, but there are always plenty of players online that sell level 175 buffs for a reasonable price. You can find them by using the Find Player option and use 500 as the minimum level (because level 500+ players can cast level 175 buffs).
Even level 1200+ and 1400+ players are nearly always online and often sell their buffs.

Apart from that, I think this new potion is a nice idea.
I agree with the maximum level so that this potion won't ruin it for buff sellers (that mostly sell their buffs to players above level 100) while at the same time keeps it a great potion for lower level players.

The only thing I disagree about is the price. It's too high.
Many level 1-100 players don't have 45k gold to spend on 4 buffs and will settle for level 140-150 buffs that they can get from guildies or buy for a total of 5k from various buffers. If the price would drop to around 10k-20k then it would be better in my opinion. :wink:

Or perhaps keep this potion at 45k and make another potion for 15k that has level 160 buffs in it. That way decent level buffs still become available for those with less gold. 8)

To me high-level is someone who can cast level 160 - 175 buffs, level 175 prefferably. And the price is tentative and could be lower than 45k.

And yes, level 160 version of this potion could also be added at a cheaper price.

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:49

Novice Explorer's Brew
Potion - Unique
Bound (Non-Tradable)
Activates the following buff(s):

Adept Learner - 175 (30m)
Librarian 175 (30m)
Conserve 175 (30m)
Doubler 150 (30m)

What do you think?

I'm not sure I see the point? There is already a leveler multi buff potion. It is all the same buffs, barring Conserve, at buff level 100 (except Doubler which is 50). This was designed this way specifically to ensure it did not impair buff sellers. And it's only 1,000 gold or 10 loyalty points. Conserve is there as a 180 for a mere 50 Loyalty.

In the end, this potion clashes with existing potions and takes away from buff sellers, neither of which is a positive step.

#8 fs_jossjob

fs_jossjob
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2012 - 17:11

Novice Explorer's Brew
Potion - Unique
Bound (Non-Tradable)
Activates the following buff(s):

Adept Learner - 175 (30m)
Librarian 175 (30m)
Conserve 175 (30m)
Doubler 150 (30m)

What do you think?

I'm not sure I see the point? There is already a leveler multi buff potion. It is all the same buffs, barring Conserve, at buff level 100 (except Doubler which is 50). This was designed this way specifically to ensure it did not impair buff sellers. And it's only 1,000 gold or 10 loyalty points. Conserve is there as a 180 for a mere 50 Loyalty.

In the end, this potion clashes with existing potions and takes away from buff sellers, neither of which is a positive step.

Some players, like me, want to maximize their stamina using level 175 buffs, and the Courageous Draft (AL 100, LIB 100, AM 100, Dbl 50) just doesn't cut it. And the Auspice of Ancients (Conserve 180) costs 50 Loyalty Points - something you can't use regularly since Loyalty points are hard to come by.

This potion doesn't take anything away from buff sellers because it has a required max level of 100 and is nerfed at a 30-minute duration. There is virtually no market for level 175 buffs at low-levels (1-100) because they simply cannot afford them if they are pegged at 20k per buff.

I already laid out the reasons why low-level players need this. Let me quote it again:

- These 5 buffs are the staple hunting buffs especially for low-level players and shouldn't be affected by market price inflation.
- With the introduction of Gold Upgrades, I can easily see buff merchants raising their prices on these essential buffs
- High-level guild buffers aren't always online in most guilds, players usually search online merchant buffers (I know I do). The reason for creating this potion is because it is so frustrating for new players like me to find merchants who give reasonable prices. There is no way a level 20 player can afford a 30k per buff price, let alone the 1 FSP ones.
- Low-level players hunt for 30 minutes or less (and 30 minutes is a lot of time to consume 1000 or less stamina).
- This potion is specifically designed for low-level players (level 1-100).
- For low-level players, a 1000-stamina hunt usually earns an average of 80k gold with Treasure Hunter 175 and Merchant 175 (without TH and Merc, it's around 54.5k). So I think the price of 45k gold is a fair price for this potion, given it's short duration.

Now I can't help but ask...do I need to be level 1000+ for my opinion to be seriously taken and for people to see the point? Is that the way how it works here?

#9 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2012 - 17:33

I already laid out the reasons why low-level players need this.

I'm sorry but this is complete garbage. Low level players may feel entitled to buffs they haven't actually earned themselves, this doesn't in ANY way mean that they need them. An idea such as this not only reduces the existing starters potions to 'next to useless', takes away from the people who play the game to merchant out the skills that they have 'earned' but ALSO reduces the need for guilds to help each other out by levelling up to provide each other with stronger and stronger skills.

The current climate of players feeling as though they should have access to everything immediately, what others players have sometimes worked years to achieve is quite simply baffling. What exactly is the point in bothering to have a level based skill tree system.

If I had my way I'd abolish the ability to buff anyone that isn't a member of your own guild. Make players/guilds earn the skills that they choose to use.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#10 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 17:35

We have all been there. Things were much worse as you couldn't even search for buffers in the early days. Quite possibly, you may need a new guild when people are online at the sametime. I just spent 6 fsp for my last hunt and I know others including my guild founder paying double digits. When I started out, I would've loved to have these starter pots as I can't recall the number of times I hunted with just my own piddly buffs.
Don't take offense that your opinions aren't granted. The game has been goin for 5 Years and every single opinion is not implemented. At least you are getting dialogue. I'm not sure how many times people just talk right over me. Lol.

#11 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 November 2012 - 17:59

Now I can't help but ask...do I need to be level 1000+ for my opinion to be seriously taken and for people to see the point? Is that the way how it works here?

What level you are does not matter. What matters is your understanding of the game and what is and what is not good for it. Frankly, it's going to take more than a month to really get a grasp for this game.

I am sorry you can't afford the buffs you need though that surprises me I'm sure if you looked hard enough it would not be difficult to find the buffs. Furthermore, I am surprised that your guild members can't be more helpful in that regard.

Besides plenty of players leveled through the early stages of this game with less than level 175 buffs (if any at all)

#12 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2012 - 18:07

Not at all. I take everyone's opinion under consideration and all are taken seriously. However, I laid out my reasons that show why I think this is not required. Try to show a little respect instead of having a go because an idea is poo poo'ed, thanks.

#13 fs_jossjob

fs_jossjob
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2012 - 18:41

I'm sorry but this is complete garbage. Low level players may feel entitled to buffs they haven't actually earned themselves, this doesn't in ANY way mean that they need them. An idea such as this not only reduces the existing starters potions to 'next to useless', takes away from the people who play the game to merchant out the skills that they have 'earned' but ALSO reduces the need for guilds to help each other out by levelling up to provide each other with stronger and stronger skills.

That's why the proposed pot is priced at 45k compared to the starter pot which is priced at 1k, so it doesn't make them useless. Also as I've said earlier, the market for level 175 buffs doesn't exist or is very small on the player level 1-100 demographic so it doesn't really take anything away from merchants. Also, merchant buff durations are longer compared to the 30-min duration of the potion itself so a player can still make a choice.

#14 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 18:46

That's why the proposed pot is priced at 45k compared to the starter pot which is priced at 1k, so it doesn't make them useless. Also as I've said earlier, the market for level 175 buffs doesn't exist or is very small on the player level 1-100 demographic so it doesn't really take anything away from merchants. Also, merchant buff durations are longer compared to the 30-min duration of the potion itself so a player can still make a choice.

....Thick skull?

#15 fs_jossjob

fs_jossjob
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2012 - 18:46

Not at all. I take everyone's opinion under consideration and all are taken seriously. However, I laid out my reasons that show why I think this is not required. Try to show a little respect instead of having a go because an idea is poo poo'ed, thanks.

Well you obviously laid out your reasons without even bothering to read the whole content of my post, hence the little tone of disrespect in my reply. Yeah I mean, what's the point in posting in the first place? But anyway this is your game, so what the heck. I guess you'll have to wait and see 'til it goes poo poo.

Anyway, this game is definitely not for me. This is a 'niche' game and the progression is too slow for my taste.

Signing off.

#16 kevon218

kevon218

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2012 - 18:52

Well you obviously laid out your reasons without even bothering to read the whole content of my post, hence the little tone of disrespect in my reply. Yeah I mean, what's the point in posting in the first place? But anyway this is your game, so what the heck. I guess you'll have to wait and see 'til it goes poo poo.

Anyway, this game is definitely not for me. This is a 'niche' game and the progression is too slow for my taste.

Signing off.

trust me, he read your post. but this game is based off of getting help from other players and not getting everything handed to you. i know and have seen players that will buff level 150 and below for free with there level 175 buffs. you also have a guild to give you support and buffs. all you need to do is ask.

#17 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 19:08

I guess I was wrong. He really did feel entitled. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Too bad.

#18 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 28 November 2012 - 21:40

I don't think your idea is "garbage." I respect you wanting those buffs and so does everyone. We all have been there. YET, we all managed without that pot. If you want the best buffs, you have to pay for them. Now as a new player, you probably will not be able to afford them. This is where I was when i joined the game. HERE comes the role of guilds.

Join a guild, they will invest their stam in you and help you out, then one day, when you level high enough to have those buffs, you can help other new players that join your guild.

Good luck to you and again, the idea is not bad at all, but like grim said, it stops every player in FS from putting points in those buffs.

#19 Zorann

Zorann

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:44

I don't think your idea is "garbage." I respect you wanting those buffs and so does everyone. We all have been there. YET, we all managed without that pot. If you want the best buffs, you have to pay for them. Now as a new player, you probably will not be able to afford them. This is where I was when i joined the game. HERE comes the role of guilds.

Join a guild, they will invest their stam in you and help you out, then one day, when you level high enough to have those buffs, you can help other new players that join your guild.

Good luck to you and again, the idea is not bad at all, but like grim said, it stops every player in FS from putting points in those buffs.

As the TS said, he is in a guild but their buffers are not on all the time to give buffs. He also specified a max level of 100 on the potion so as to be usable only by these low levels and to prevent every player from being discouraged in putting points on those buffs.

#20 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:35

As the TS said, he is in a guild but their buffers are not on all the time to give buffs. He also specified a max level of 100 on the potion so as to be usable only by these low levels and to prevent every player from being discouraged in putting points on those buffs.

These points are moot the child already said he was quitting the game because he wasn't getting his way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: