#1 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 November 2011 - 22:00

A certain player (nameless, for obvious reasons) is currently running a "storage wars" game at the moment ..

This game involves sending him 50 fsp and you will get a random 10 items in return. These items could have a net worth of less than 50 fsp, equal to 50 fsp or more than 50 fsp.

This, to me, sounds like a player run lottery - and, as such, is strictly against the Toc ??

Thoughts ??

#2 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 22:02

Yeah, I'd say it's against the TOC. Sounds like an easily exploitable game as well.

#3 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2011 - 22:04

I say anyone stupid enough to take a chance with 50 fsp should be allowed to make that mistake. I can't believe anyone would actually fall for this though.....

#4 slingerett

slingerett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 22:06

LMAO...send me 50 fsp...ill send you 10 potions...they may or may not be ew 1500 potions...*falls to floor laughing at the stupidity*

#5 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2011 - 22:08

Said player was probably feeling bored and decided to run this for the kicks and just to see who'd actually do it :mrgreen:

but really if you're in doubt send a ticket - then again posting a thread or sending a ticket hardly resolve the problem anyway. :?

#6 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 November 2011 - 22:12

Said player was probably feeling bored and decided to run this for the kicks and just to see who'd actually do it :mrgreen:

but really if you're in doubt send a ticket - then again posting a thread or sending a ticket hardly resolve the problem anyway. :?

Of course it won't resolve it - but neither will a ticket either because by the time it's looked at, the event will be over and done with. Submitting a thread and asking to see if my opinion is shared is, IMO, better than putting in a ticket (others may already have done that, I don't know).

#7 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 29 November 2011 - 22:23

The issue is the use of 'random'.

It's never going to be random if the player gets to choose what they send. "Oh this person is an ass, I am going to send them 10 runes of phale and they can suck it up. "

Whether this would actually happen or not is not the issue. The fact it is possible, makes it an issue.

#8 DarthViper

DarthViper

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 00:41

The issue is the use of 'random'.

It's never going to be random if the player gets to choose what they send. "Oh this person is an ass, I am going to send them 10 runes of phale and they can suck it up. "

Whether this would actually happen or not is not the issue. The fact it is possible, makes it an issue.

Even if it was truly random then it would count as a lottery, and therefore be a ban able offence.

Did you know that there are likely over 2000 rouge black holes in our galaxy alone. Each of them can reach very high speeds, even in space terms, are each capable of destroying anything in their path, and are invisible. Well, goodnight!

#9 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:08

Bumping for cow attention ...

#10 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:32

Please submit a ticket with the details and I'll make sure it's looked at asap.

#11 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:42

Done.

#12 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,865 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:54

This is being dealt with.

#13 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:20

well guessing as the player is still here and his bio still intact this is allowed ..which is great i have loads crap i could do with selling

#14 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 13:13

I will take the details down when I get to a computer..but I was never scamming anyone. I was giving away lots of high value items for the holidays. I personally don't like selling items in the ah and found this to be fun for everyone. Guess thinking outside the box is not allowed tho :(

#15 Scoops1972

Scoops1972

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 13:13

well guessing as the player is still here and his bio still intact this is allowed ..which is great i have loads crap i could do with selling

Yeah, wish I'd decided to do the Fallen Sword Storage Wars thing instead of trying to sell stuff in the AH. Was amazed to see that it is allowed, but then I shouldn't really be surprised at anything is this game anymore.

#16 Scoops1972

Scoops1972

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 13:14

I will take the details down when I get to a computer..but I was never scamming anyone. I was giving away lots of high value items for the holidays. I personally don't like selling items in the ah and found this to be fun for everyone. Guess thinking outside the box is not allowed tho :(

Why stop if HCS are allowing it?

#17 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 13:21

Why stop if HCS are allowing it?

The player has been asked to remove this from his bio, as we are not allowing it as it is a lottery.

#18 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 13:35

ok maybe i wont do it then lol shame as trying to sell anything in the ah is a drain nowadays.. and leo ur lucky i have seen em ban ppl for less not that i am saying you done anything get banned for but didnt the big blue dog do something simalar and in a blink of a eye he was dust

#19 Scoops1972

Scoops1972

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 13:38

ok maybe i wont do it then lol shame as trying to sell anything in the ah is a drain nowadays.. and leo ur lucky i have seen em ban ppl for less not that i am saying you done anything get banned for but didnt the big blue dog do something simalar and in a blink of a eye he was dust

Ha ha, you seem surprised by the lack of consistency! :lol:

#20 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 13:43

Ha ha, you seem surprised by the lack of consistency! :lol:

Everything depends on previous issues, also this player we can see has not 'scammed' anyone so we do not feel that a ban is necessary.

As long as the text is removed and the lottery finished now, there shall be no further action taken.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: