112 replies to this topic

#1 fortville

fortville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 January 2014 - 20:49

Anyone else having issues with this? Just started doing this in the last week or so. Probably has something to do with recent changes to the game and FSHelper/Tampermonkey. Anyone have a fix short of not using the Helper?

Edited by fortville, 12 January 2014 - 20:50.

Posted Image

#2 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 20:53

try playing the game how the developers created it and suggest ways to improve your gaming experience via the forum   :)

Edited by RebornJedi, 12 January 2014 - 20:53.

#3 fortville

fortville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 20:55

try playing the game how the developers created it and suggest ways to improve your gaming experience via the forum   :)

Really?... As the Devs endorsed the Helper this suggestion is not helpful to the problem put forth.

Posted Image

#4 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 20:58

guess i'm looking at the big picture  :unsure: .. 

#5 fortville

fortville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 21:00

I sincerely wish that all of the Helpers features would be integral to the game so we would not have to have add-ons chewing up resources. As that is not currently the case myself and guildmates are having issues.

Posted Image

#6 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 January 2014 - 21:17

I do NOT use FSH, and I have been having issues with getting the "Aw snap!" (crashing) page in Chrome only on the Fallen Sword web site. This is always prefaced by doing an item mouseover (the black box with item stats).

Also, there are several others having this issue too, as it was brought up in the Global Chat earlier today.

More info:

My JavaScript console gets stuff like this when I do item mouseovers:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of null VM188:1
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'options' of undefined VM188:1

Edited by cyrus7, 12 January 2014 - 21:26.

#7 fortville

fortville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 21:51

Exactly! Happens with mouseovers in the game.

Posted Image

#8 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 22:26

Same to me, but sometimes I have a similar prblem on Youtube also, getting a black window on the video I'm trying to watch, but the sounds stays running. Tryed to restart the Flash or search for an update but nothing.

#9 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 January 2014 - 22:33

All of HCS has been buggy off and on all Day on Chrome and IE.... 

#10 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 January 2014 - 22:44

What chrome version are you using? 

I haven't had any problems with the latest stable release (31.0.1650.63 m) with and without FSH/extensions running.

#11 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 January 2014 - 22:50

Same to me, but sometimes I have a similar prblem on Youtube also, getting a black window on the video I'm trying to watch, but the sounds stays running. Tryed to restart the Flash or search for an update but nothing.

This isn't the same issue. We're not getting a black window; it's just flat out crashing when doing an item mouseover.

#12 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 22:51

Version 32.0.1700.72m...Chrome says there is none new updates.

#13 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 22:53

This isn't the same issue. We're not getting a black window; it's just flat out crashing when doing an item mouseover.

On FS I don't get a black window, only on Youtube (sound ok, but video black, without any buttons to play/pause, volume, etc).

On FS  the Chrome crashes...Without that stupid blue window.

And sometimes I have issues rolling over a item too, the pointer doesn't change to the 'hand', still on the 'arrow' and soen't show the stats, but when I click that still working.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 12 January 2014 - 22:54.

#14 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 January 2014 - 23:03

On FS  the Chrome crashes...Without that stupid blue window.

And sometimes I have issues rolling over a item too, the pointer doesn't change to the 'hand', still on the 'arrow' and soen't show the stats, but when I click that still working.

The pointer not going to a hand and not showing a mouseover is what will happen if you just refresh the crashed tab and try to "reuse" it instead of opening a new tab.  If you open a new tab and basically start over, then you'll have the pointer and mouseovers... until it crashes again.

#15 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 23:06

The pointer not going to a hand and not showing a mouseover is what will happen if you just refresh the crashed tab and try to "reuse" it instead of opening a new tab.  If you open a new tab and basically start over, then you'll have the pointer and mouseovers... until it crashes again.

Exactly...Your Youtube is working fine? If not that shows a problem with Adobe Flash for both of us...

#16 NicramDuel

NicramDuel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 23:15

In the past week, a vast amount of players (including myself) have realized this issue with chrome. I am absolutely rubbish in IT, but have recieved a lot of help, suggestions and feedback on what could be the issue-and how to resolve it. Currently, all signs are pointing at our beloved Adorable Splash Flayer. Hopefully, someone at Adobe will fix it for the next update and it'll come out soon. Until then, best bet's to go with another browser. I only use chrome when I'm waiting buff requests and scanning the market - otherwise it's Firefox here.

#17 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 January 2014 - 23:54

Exactly...Your Youtube is working fine? If not that shows a problem with Adobe Flash for both of us...

My YouTube is fine. Only having a problem with FS.

#18 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 00:46

I'm trying the Chrome Canary and everything is working fine now. I'll try to install FSH to see if that works too.

Edit: Working great with FSH too...I'll keep that as official browser until the normal Chrome is back.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 13 January 2014 - 00:49.

#19 fortville

fortville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:43

So I was using Chrome version 32.0.1700.72. Seems that this happens to be a beta version. Reverted to version 31.0.1650.63. No issues yet. We'll see how it goes. 

Posted Image

#20 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:45

This wouldn't be the first time there was an issue with Beta versions of a browser being the cause of an issue. People need to be aware if they choose to use a beta version of a browser, they may run into issues which will not be supported by HCS (as per their previous responses with Beta issues).

That said, I'd be hoping they are able to address the issue before it moves from beta to stable and don't wait for the Google to put a fix in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: