Sets you should, and should not get.

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your favorite type of Pie? (58 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your favorite type of Pie?

1. Apple (50 votes [36.76%])

Percentage of vote: 36.76%

2. Cherry (15 votes [11.03%])

Percentage of vote: 11.03%

3. Rasberry (1 votes [0.74%])

Percentage of vote: 0.74%

4. Blueberry (11 votes [8.09%])

Percentage of vote: 8.09%

5. Blackberry (9 votes [6.62%])

Percentage of vote: 6.62%

6. Strawberry (14 votes [10.29%])

Percentage of vote: 10.29%

7. Other(Please do not post what your votes are) (36 votes [26.47%])

Percentage of vote: 26.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 fs_deadlystrk

fs_deadlystrk
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2007 - 17:17

weager, jahd ( those 2 if u cant afford mancrusha of course) rarek, xelphus are all great and awesome sets.

#22 fs_dxrulez123

fs_dxrulez123
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2007 - 21:30

you forgot forest guardian and the leaf dragon sets

#23 fs_sigiloso

fs_sigiloso
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2007 - 22:13

This is my personal opinion, i say Jhad set its hell good, because it took me like 2-3 days to make lvl 130 to lvl 140 with jahd set, i just refill my stamina and nothing except mancrusha i guess can beat jahd set :)

between Xelphus is also good :D

#24 fs_dreadwulf

fs_dreadwulf
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:58

Post here sets you should not get so we can warn other players... 1st set that you shouldn't get is Eribor...

Actually, it's all relative to how well you can put piecemeal combos together. Sure, some sets as a whole outright suck like Gnarled (great graphic, too bad that's the only thing good about it) but a lot of misc. pieces can be used in combination to be effective. Consider the following:

Leaf Dragon Staff: prior to Deep Hammer, this was THE single best stand-alone weapon between lvls 70-100 imo.

Frost Giant Armor: For tanking or elite hunting, a perfect craft comes in at 215 armor. No other armor around lvl 100 comes close with that high a rating. Nice bonuses too on top of that.

Lava Armor: Same lvl as Frost Giant but great for an all-purpose/grinding armor. Good solid armor/dmg/ and a slight attack boost too.

Anyways, one shouldn't just look at a set as a whole but rather what can be used from the set in combination with other pieces or sets. You listed both the Frost Giant and Lava as not useful and no mention of the Leaf set. The Lava set is perfectly functional for it's lvl despite the number of slots it requires not to mention a cheap alternative to Deep and shouldn't be dismissed so easily.

#25 fs_dxrulez123

fs_dxrulez123
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:10

Post here sets you should not get so we can warn other players... 1st set that you shouldn't get is Eribor...

Actually, it's all relative to how well you can put piecemeal combos together. Sure, some sets as a whole outright suck like Gnarled (great graphic, too bad that's the only thing good about it) but a lot of misc. pieces can be used in combination to be effective. Consider the following:

Leaf Dragon Staff: prior to Deep Hammer, this was THE single best stand-alone weapon between lvls 70-100 imo.

Frost Giant Armor: For tanking or elite hunting, a perfect craft comes in at 215 armor. No other armor around lvl 100 comes close with that high a rating. Nice bonuses too on top of that.

Lava Armor: Same lvl as Frost Giant but great for an all-purpose/grinding armor. Good solid armor/dmg/ and a slight attack boost too.

Anyways, one shouldn't just look at a set as a whole but rather what can be used from the set in combination with other pieces or sets. You listed both the Frost Giant and Lava as not useful and no mention of the Leaf set. The Lava set is perfectly functional for it's lvl despite the number of slots it requires not to mention a cheap alternative to Deep and shouldn't be dismissed so easily.

i agree you should combine items together in your inventory to have really good stats

#26 fs_thelastdj

fs_thelastdj
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 16:25

I loved my Hellfire set. It is definately NOT one of the worst sets. It's very cheap, and if crafted at least "Average" then it's amazing. There might have been better armor at 56, but it was cheap, gave my Elite Hunter, and... it's not one of the best, but it's definately not as bad as cerberus.

#27 fs_soccerboy5

fs_soccerboy5
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 18:10

Just read the Bold...

Post here sets you should not get so we can warn other players... 1st set that you shouldn't get is Eribor... I know gnarled and Burning are bad as well(just get girath)... Any others? I say skip rooted and flamed all together... I liked flamed but it only lasted for 1 level. I am going to say that you should avoid these... (These might be good in pieces)

Frost Giant(100)
Cracked Lava(100)
Galdwing(62)
Hellfire(53) (use gloves)
Cerberus(50)
Flamed(45)
Rooted(44)
Carnage(41)
Gnarled(35)
Burning(34)
Majestic Elven(30)
Nightshade(28 )
Blood Demon(22)(because plague is now here...)
Giggles (19)
Eribor(13)
Frostbite(4)(infernus pawns it at level 5 :))

Now will have a list of the best sets.

Mancrusha(120)
Aleos(105)(if you can't afford Deep)
Deep(80)
Darklore(77)
Henz(65)
Khale(59)
Yeltz(55)
Kragh(45)
Zhann(38
Fire Dragon(35)
Girath(30) (It starts to beat Fire Dragon sets at 41)
Exquisite Elven(26)
Plague(20)
Frost Dragon(15)
Nomad(12)
Infernus(5)

Any others?

I said some items can be taken out of sets and be good... this topic is for Entire Sets which TOGETHER are bad.

#28 fs_soccerboy5

fs_soccerboy5
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 18:12

Someone tell me the level for Jahd, Xelphus please... Thanks

#29 fs_wilsonmui

fs_wilsonmui
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 21:01

Helfire togetor isn't bad it's a ok set

If you want sticky ask the mods if they would make it sticky

#30 fs_thelastdj

fs_thelastdj
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:51

It gives EH for level 53, is fairly cheap, and gives a pretty decent amount of attack (I thought).

#31 fs_valenza

fs_valenza
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:29

I have Deep sea armor currently and leevl 109. For level 110, do you suggest me to change for the lvl 110 set (leikmar set) or not? That is a full set so I'm not sur if I will invest in it or not.

#32 fs_dreadwulf

fs_dreadwulf
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2007 - 16:40

I said some items can be taken out of sets and be good... this topic is for Entire Sets which TOGETHER are bad.

And I still say Lava set as a whole isn't bad. What was the basis for your judgment btw on determining what sets went in which list? And that's why you shouldn't sticky a thread that is relative. Not everyone agrees with your definition of what's good or what's bad...

You list Giggles as bad, it isn't. For a two-piece set it is quite effective. You also list Frostbite as bad. Yes, you can upgrade to Infernus at lvl 5 if you have the resources but if you are going to say "avoid these" and "Post here sets you should not get so we can warn other players..." in your opener then what is a lvl 3 player supposed to use to get to Infernus at lvl 5? Of course they will use Frostbite. It is the first real set that adds any firepower to a new char. Bad? I don't think so but apparently so according to you. The majority of sets have a purpose and can be used to an extent.

#33 fs_sigiloso

fs_sigiloso
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2007 - 18:33

did i said Xelphus set rocks? 8)

#34 fs_sigiloso

fs_sigiloso
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:25

Everybody should get a khale set :)

#35 fs_thelastdj

fs_thelastdj
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2007 - 14:26

And it's one of the cheapest sets out there... and it's so crazy easy to get for yourself...

#36 fs_sigiloso

fs_sigiloso
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2007 - 00:28

And it's one of the cheapest sets out there... and it's so crazy easy to get for yourself...

yep :) but when i was at that lvl the price was 15 fsp for ring or amulet :shock:

#37 ScarletTestAce

ScarletTestAce

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:02

i personally liked the majestic elven

exquisite elven i don't think is too good but then again i never tried it

#38 fs_tyrath

fs_tyrath
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:36

Weagr is a lvl 135.

http://www.fallenswo... ... earch=weag

Btw why is Jahd listed as 145, its a 130 set.

#39 fs_dxrulez123

fs_dxrulez123
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:02

actually cracked lava aint a bad set you know

#40 ScarletTestAce

ScarletTestAce

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 13:52

actually cracked lava aint a bad set you know