Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2019 - 16:24

Hi all,

We'll be rolling out an update tomorrow at 1pm GMT that changes how creatures give XP when the player is a much lower level than the creature. From tomorrow's update, if you are more than 5 levels below the creature you kill, there will be a significant drop in xp gained, which will then decrease even further as the level difference increases.

Note that if you are the same level or no more than 5 levels above the creature then there is no change to the xp gained.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 16:34

From me, thank you. :)

#3 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 16:57

Need to edit your first sentence to read when creature is much lower than player. Otherwise, neither here nor there for me. Top 100 will be splitting hairs.

Screenshot everything!

#4 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2019 - 17:05

Need to edit your first sentence to read when creature is much lower than player. Otherwise, neither here nor there for me. Top 100 will be splitting hairs.

It was a typo on the second part - sorted now :)

#5 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 17:07

Ok, Ixm even more confused. Do you get less XP when player is lower than creature or when creature is lower than player? Creature lower than player is what I think you intend but it reads both ways now.

Edited by yotekiller, 03 July 2019 - 17:10.

Screenshot everything!

#6 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 July 2019 - 17:13

Players will no longer be able to kill creatures far above them and gain obscene amounts of XP.

~ Grim

#7 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2019 - 18:24

So no more levelling off SES 1000s levels above the player or sitting on a champion that is more than 5 levels above your level

#8 Bujon

Bujon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 18:25

Is this specifically aimed at SE hunting? If so seems harsh given the amount of fsp and potions invested in order to undertake the hunt?

#9 fugrnugget

fugrnugget

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 18:28

Note that if you are the same level or no more than 5 levels above the creature then there is no change to the xp gained.

The wording is clear that the xp formula is changing when the character is a lower level than the creature. Are you changing the xp gained when the character is more than 5 levels higher than the creature? Wording is a bit confusing here. 

#10 Bujon

Bujon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 18:31

Seems like a knee jerk reaction. If players cant advance through the mid levels 800-2000 then suspect most might give up....I certainly would, the SE hunts are exciting given the respawn limits and number of people hunting etc, plus the potion preparation and the auction house purchases etc. Why not limit the level of potions a player of a certain level can use instead?

#11 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2019 - 18:32

Ok, Ixm even more confused. Do you get less XP when player is lower than creature or when creature is lower than player? Creature lower than player is what I think you intend but it reads both ways now.

The xp already decreases for every level you are above the creature -- sublevelling.

This change applies it the other way too, so every level you are below the creature you get less xp.

#12 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 July 2019 - 18:32

So no more levelling off SES 1000s levels above the player or sitting on a champion that is more than 5 levels above your level

Exactly. This loophole will be closed.

Seems like a knee jerk reaction. If players cant advance through the mid levels 800-2000 then suspect most might give up....I certainly would, the SE hunts are exciting given the respawn limits and number of people hunting etc.

You can level on normal creatures, same as ever. SEs are not "levelling" creatures.

~ Grim

#13 whydoiplay

whydoiplay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 18:47

Back to no strategy mindless leveling... the normal way =D

#14 JustAFox

JustAFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 19:15

Hi all,

We'll be rolling out an update tomorrow at 1pm GMT that changes how creatures give XP when the player is a much lower level than the creature. From tomorrow's update, if you are more than 5 levels below the creature you kill, there will be a significant drop in xp gained, which will then decrease even further as the level difference increases.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

Could you edit the post to outline the main difference? I know we used to gain less experience when hunting any creature less than our level that meant you would have to change area straight after a level up... Which if I'm honest has been the reason most of my quests are unfinished leveled too quick with high pots before getting the required kills or resources etc... So am I right in thinking that currently the exp is same level =100% xp... 1 level higher than creature 75% xp etc?? And then new system will only reduce xp after we are 5 levels higher? Essentially giving a few levels in an area if needed?

#15 Bujon

Bujon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 21:08

Exactly. This loophole will be closed.

You can level on normal creatures, same as ever. SEs are not "levelling" creatures.

~ Grim

I don't see this as a loop hole except for players level 500 getting mass benefits, but you're missing the picture about strategy and the sheer expense of getting the right set up?  Attack and defense gear prices up in AH plus all the pots..  average hunt for me cost around 45 fsp plus an epic pot?  I think this is a mistake, especially as after level 2400 it is diminishing returns anyhow? wouldn't it be better to change the spawning location of the SE's so that you couldn't hit a 2500 SE in a location at level 400 for instance?

#16 Bujon

Bujon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 21:11

I don't see this as a loop hole except for players level 500 getting mass benefits, but you're missing the picture about strategy and the sheer expense of getting the right set up?  Attack and defense gear prices up in AH plus all the pots..  average hunt for me cost around 45 fsp plus an epic pot?  I think this is a mistake, especially as after level 2400 it is diminishing returns anyhow? wouldn't it be better to change the spawning location of the SE's so that you couldn't hit a 2500 SE in a location at level 400 for instance?

But be realistic and say SE's over level 2000 only spawn in locations above 1000?

#17 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 03 July 2019 - 21:30

Cant skip level guys. We have to use sTrAtEgIc gRiNdInG so go buy some dots to keep the cow mooing for a little longer :)

Edited by Corrupted, 03 July 2019 - 21:31.

#18 Bujon

Bujon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 21:42

Cant skip level guys. We have to use sTrAtEgIc gRiNdInG so go buy some dots to keep the cow mooing for a little longer :)

I will actually need a lot less fsp to hunt 'normally' this is a shoot in the foot.

#19 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 21:43

More balanced challenging stats on SE's would be a better idea. When I did it as per my bio on the shroud weaver, the task of working out the right setup, doing the maths calculating the effect of the 175 buffs at the end of a double xp event and maxing out the amount of hits it would take with one loss imp was a challenge in the days before composing ever existed. The fact they can just be hit and hope these days isn't well, great.

Edited by Prop, 03 July 2019 - 21:43.

#20 Bujon

Bujon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 21:53

More balanced challenging stats on SE's would be a better idea. When I did it as per my bio on the shroud weaver, the task of working out the right setup, doing the maths calculating the effect of the 175 buffs at the end of a double xp event and maxing out the amount of hits it would take with one loss imp was a challenge in the days before composing ever existed. The fact they can just be hit and hope these days isn't well, great.

Not sure it is 'hit and hope', I only started hitting them about level 1600 so havent really gained and only recently did I figure out what I needed to do it reasonably well. But take your point, I think some lower level players might be hitting them with a group supported by a big player but cant be sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: