Grey's Content

There have been 19 items by Grey (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#866591 Picked Up Items and Inventory

Posted by Grey on 02 May 2014 - 16:31 in Suggestions

Kind of off topic, but also it would be nice if you could turn in dailies from a single sack. Right now if I have a stack of shaker seeds and need to turn in 15, I have to split the sack and remove 5 so I have 2 stacks of the item to turn in. Would be nice if I could just turn in the sack with all 15 in it.

#866589 Picked Up Items and Inventory

Posted by Grey on 02 May 2014 - 15:51 in Suggestions

Kind of off topic, but also it would be nice if you could turn in dailies from a single sack. Right now if I have a stack of shaker seeds and need to turn in 15, I have to split the sack and remove 5 so I have 2 stacks of the item to turn in. Would be nice if I could just turn in the sack with all 15 in it.

#866586 Picked Up Items and Inventory

Posted by Grey on 02 May 2014 - 15:42 in Suggestions

Wasn't sure how to word the title...

HCS, is there anything in the works that will allow items picked up to go into backpacks/bags if we have a sack with the same material in it? [ex. I have one of the red large backpacks--I keep animal skins in a sack in it--when I skin an animal, the skin either goes loosely into main backpack unless I move the sack of animal skins into my main backpack]

It is really frustrating and a pain to have to move my sacks back and forth every time I decide to work on a skill. I will usually stop by a tree if I am walking around and chop it, even if I am focused on something else. It is a pain to have to stop, open inv, move my sack of logs and sap to main bp, chop tree, then move them both back into my large bp.

Thanks.

#857115 Hardcore Pvp ( The Real Ups & Downs)

Posted by Grey on 23 March 2014 - 23:55 in Suggestions

I don't play pvp a ton, but here are some suggestions. Take them for what they are worth. Don't bite my head off if you don't like something...

- Make a larger cooldown for pots, like 2 or 3 minutes in between uses.

- Expand attack range for hand-to-hand (make it so you can hit with a sword from double the distance you normally can, etc.). This would help to balance out warrior some.

- Some sort of reward for playing!!! There is not much incentive for lower level players to do pvp with the exception of a few people. No one wants to go in, die 10 times for every 1 kill they get, waste 10 minutes, then have to wait in a queue for 10 more minutes. I like the idea of tokens that can get different tiers of chests maybe? (ex. 100 tokens opens medium chest, 1000 opens rare chest, etc.) Make prizes useful to all like equip even to your level, gems, gold...

- Show players in the queue. There always seems to be 1-2 people trolling the queue that never accept. In the past I have had to accept a match 5 times before we actually got to play.

- Alternatively, you could increase the surrender period with each queue you miss within a 24 hour or 1 week period. (Ex. miss 1 queue-1 minute penalty, second missed queue-5 minutes, third-15 minutes, etc.) and keep the tally going on a daily or weekly basis.

- I really like the idea of 2v2, 3v3, etc.

- I don't know if you can select game type now (to my knowledge it's all random), but maybe allow custom games or allow players to queue for JUST CTF, just TDM, either/or, etc. I know that this would have to come once we have more active pvp players.

- Allow custom teams - show all players in queue. Let players sort themselves into two teams to balance them. To prevent trolls or abuse, have a "veto" button every time a player is moved. if X amount of players veto, the player will not switch teams. Something like this. I know there would be a lot of things to work out to make this work correctly.

Award prizes to all players - going to say this one again because I think it will be the biggest driving force for more players to join.

I've just been typing as I am thinking, and I am out of ideas for now. I'll edit this if I think of anything else I might like to see.

- Grey 

#854789 Eldevin Subscriptions

Posted by Grey on 12 March 2014 - 15:52 in Knowledge Base

How do I check my payment method? I might want to change the card I'm using to pay for the subscription. Would I just cancel my sub and then resubscribe with the card I want to use? If I do that within the 48 hours grace period will I keep my accumulated point bonus?

I submitted a ticket asking this same question yesterday. I need to switch cards on file and don't want to lose the incremental 50 ep monthly bonus.

#850535 [In Development] Friends List Increase

Posted by Grey on 20 February 2014 - 11:01 in Suggestions

Not sure if it would be easy to implement, but letting players sort into groups or add notes on friends list would be great.  

#850466 Suggestions to Improve Game for Mac Users

Posted by Grey on 20 February 2014 - 01:16 in Suggestions

I don't know if all Mac users have the same problems as me, but it is really frustrating because I go from my desktop to my laptop (which is a mac) and have tons of small issues. I know it's a Java problem, but I still think there are a few small things that HCS could do to help make experience better. Problems and easy fixes below:

• When I zoom in, it won't let me zoom out, and I have to close and open eldevin on a new browser tab.
    • Solution: Put zoom in/zoom out buttons on screen, make a hotkey, or make a "/" hotkey (ex. "/zoomout")
  • Can only open custom chat once per browser window. (all "f1" - "f12" will only work once with eldevin per browser session)
    • Solution: "/join" works to get into custom chats, but I cannot see who all is in custom chat. Maybe a command to view who is in chat?
    • Solution: Allow players to set which keys macro which function (so I could move custom chat from "f6" to a regular key
  • Backspace will not work
    • If I use "fn" + "delete" I can delete what is to the right of cursor. Not sure a quick fix you could do for fixing regular backspace.

Can't think of others right now that are real bad. It would be great to have some little fixes for these problems!

Not trying to complain, I know there are a lot of things on the staff's to-do, but quick fixes for these would be nice!

#848498 Critique of new features.

Posted by Grey on 12 February 2014 - 19:39 in Bug Reports

Agreed, and in my opinion healers abilities have been reduced way too much. There already are too few healers and tanks, now there will be even less.

#846428 Trial of champions.... hhmmm

Posted by Grey on 05 February 2014 - 06:31 in Suggestions

ToC seemed to stay at the same difficulty once we hit wave 50. It should either end or keep getting more difficult. Also, I don't think there should be more mobs then there currently are. I am playing on a laptop, so I am sure desktops can handle a lot more, but it was getting really, really laggy for me once we got around wave 40. I think multiple bosses or increasing damage or health of the mobs would be a better alternative to increasing number of mobs (obviously you need to bring lots of mobs to keep it difficult, but I don't think it needs more than it currently has up to lvl 50).

#831864 Friends List

Posted by Grey on 17 December 2013 - 14:29 in Suggestions

A notes tab on the friends list would be extremely helpful too (I know this has been mentioned several times already). 

#831577 MAC ISSUES

Posted by Grey on 16 December 2013 - 20:44 in Suggestions

Hello,

I know that this game has not been working well with Macs since the beta, and I was wondering if a HCS member could tell me if there are any steps being made towards bettering the experience for Mac players yet. If not, then when we can expect improvements. I'll list out a few of the problems I am still experiencing.

• Only Firefox and Safari browsers work (Chrome may be working now, haven't tried in a while)
  • Arrow keys do not work
  • Every now and then I will be zoomed all the way in or my screen will start spinning. To fix spinning, I have to click the arrow key. There is no fix for the zoom except logging in and out until I am zoomed back out (sometimes takes as many as 5-10 tries). With firefox I can double click and hold and zoom in and out, but client runs better on Safari, so I cannot do that.
  • Backspace does not work in chat. I can move cursor in front of where I want to delete and do "fn+del", but that is a pain in the butt.

Will these issues be fixed soon, or would HCS be able to at least remedy some of these issues? Maybe add a zoom in/out button on screen to make it easier for mac users to zoom out if a zoom in randomly occurs.

Thank you!

#825954 Mojawk & Dev's : Just a few Suggestions (Brief)

Posted by Grey on 06 December 2013 - 02:13 in Suggestions

A few more ideas:

13. Gathering/crafting equipment upgrades (ex. different pick axes that you can buy/receive in quest as you level up that yield a greater number of ore per hit)

14. Appearance

a. Higher quality appearance of character equipment/clothes

b. Ability to double click player and see a screen of their character with level, appearance, and possibly create titles in tiers for highest skill (ex. if I had level 40 forestry (and that is my highest skill) it might say "Grey: Master Carpenter", where as if I had level 20 forestry (and it was my highest skill), it may say "Grey: Novice Carpenter"

i. I think this would be a nice way to raise the competitive edge. Currently you cannot see any player's skills, and with this it may push players to focus in more on one skill. If players focused on a small number of skills instead of trying to master everything, trading in the game would be much better. I personally think this would be a HUGE thing for a game like this.

c. Dye tubs: after clothes are developed, allow players to purchase dye tubs and dye them

i. Until official guilds are created, it would be a way to develop in-game unofficial guilds and set yourselves apart

ii. It would make the overall appearance of the game much more appealing

Why did the main suggestions thread get locked? Do these even get read anymore or has every suggestion pretty much been made already?

#825902 Mojawk & Dev's : Just a few Suggestions (Brief)

Posted by Grey on 05 December 2013 - 23:29 in Suggestions

Sorry. Didn't mean to post twice...

#825901 Mojawk & Dev's : Just a few Suggestions (Brief)

Posted by Grey on 05 December 2013 - 23:29 in Suggestions

I have been making a list of some ideas that may improve the game as well. I'm sure some have already been mentioned, and I am sure you have thought of many of these but may have other things in the works already. Here it goes:

1. Place a countdown of how many items left to craft when crafting a large number together (ex. if crafting 99 tattered leathers at once)

2. Increase stack size: I think Klawful said this one

3. Eldevin website leaderboard: Add a link to a player leaderboard sortable by category (cooking, level, prospecting, etc.) 

4. Customizable hotkey menu: in-game option to pull up a picture of the keyboard to allow players to move around different hot keys (ex. I may like "cntl+click" to move items to a trade box, other players may want "shift+click")

a. This would make the controls easier to learn and perfect for everyone's individual style

b. It may allow for more hotkey options to be added to Eldevin (ex. "Store all" and "Remove all," like Klawful said)

5. Other hotkey suggestions: switching chat hot key (local, world, party), moving items between the stash/vault/inv (like the "ctrl+click" for trade or selling to vendor)

6. Auto-skinning: players can select to automatically skin an animal after it dies (may work with other skills too that I'm not thinking about)

7. Randomize ore nodes: Once a node is depleted, it appears in a new spot (this will prevent players from using bots to afk-train their prospecting)

8. All members in a party should have same active quest (again, another one similar to what Klawful was saying)

9. Improve auto-attack: If a player is auto-attacking and uses a spell, auto-attack should resume after the spell attack (helps cut down on repetitive mouse clicking)

10. Randomize gathering splits: Ex. make animals sometimes drop more tattered hides and sometimes drop more animal skins to balance these out (right now everyone ends up with way too many tattered hides to animal skins, pinewood logs to sap, etc.)

11. Players select a limited number of crafting/gathering skills which they gain more exp compared to other skills

a. This will create a stronger economy in Eldevin since players will specify in these skills before working on others

b. Currently, you only see people buying or selling the same things (mostly copper bars, tattered hides, a few others)

12. Queued spell casting would be GREAT. Nice idea Klawful. I would love to see this one.

That is all I had on my list. I have thought of others and forgot to write down, but I will add to this forum if I remember them. Sorry again for the repetition. I know a lot of these had to have been mentioned already. Hope to see some of these changes in the game!

#825899 Mojawk & Dev's : Just a few Suggestions (Brief)

Posted by Grey on 05 December 2013 - 23:28 in Suggestions

I have been making a list of some ideas that may improve the game as well. I'm sure some have already been mentioned, and I am sure you have thought of many of these but may have other things in the works already. Here it goes:

1. Place a countdown of how many items left to craft when crafting a large number together (ex. if crafting 99 tattered leathers at once)

2. Increase stack size: I think Klawful said this one

3. Eldevin website leaderboard: Add a link to a player leaderboard sortable by category (cooking, level, prospecting, etc.) 

4. Customizable hotkey menu: in-game option to pull up a picture of the keyboard to allow players to move around different hot keys (ex. I may like "cntl+click" to move items to a trade box, other players may want "shift+click")

a. This would make the controls easier to learn and perfect for everyone's individual style

b. It may allow for more hotkey options to be added to Eldevin (ex. "Store all" and "Remove all," like Klawful said)

5. Other hotkey suggestions: switching chat hot key (local, world, party), moving items between the stash/vault/inv (like the "ctrl+click" for trade or selling to vendor)

6. Auto-skinning: players can select to automatically skin an animal after it dies (may work with other skills too that I'm not thinking about)

7. Randomize ore nodes: Once a node is depleted, it appears in a new spot (this will prevent players from using bots to afk-train their prospecting)

8. All members in a party should have same active quest (again, another one similar to what Klawful was saying)

9. Improve auto-attack: If a player is auto-attacking and uses a spell, auto-attack should resume after the spell attack (helps cut down on repetitive mouse clicking)

10. Randomize gathering splits: Ex. make animals sometimes drop more tattered hides and sometimes drop more animal skins to balance these out (right now everyone ends up with way too many tattered hides to animal skins, pinewood logs to sap, etc.)

11. Players select a limited number of crafting/gathering skills which they gain more exp compared to other skills

a. This will create a stronger economy in Eldevin since players will specify in these skills before working on others

b. Currently, you only see people buying or selling the same things (mostly copper bars, tattered hides, a few others)

12. Queued spell casting would be GREAT. Nice idea Klawful. I would love to see this one.

That is all I had on my list. I have thought of others and forgot to write down, but I will add to this forum if I remember them. Sorry again for the repetition. I know a lot of these had to have been mentioned already. Hope to see some of these changes in the game!

#823482 Waypoints

Posted by Grey on 30 November 2013 - 18:42 in Suggestions

Sorry if this has already been mentioned (I am really lazy about reading through old posts), but it would be nice if players could set and save waypoints in the map so that we can save areas in the map (ex. put a marker where pigs are located in Othela so that the player can look on his map and see where he can go to collect pig hides).

#823480 Auto-Attack Auto-Resume?

Posted by Grey on 30 November 2013 - 18:40 in Suggestions

Another addition to auto-attack that would be nice is the ability to run while continuing to auto-attack. This would be a great improvement for an archer class where you need to keep your distance but want to continue to attack the enemy.

#823473 Mac Issues

Posted by Grey on 30 November 2013 - 18:32 in Bug Reports

I wanted to give a quick list of the bug issues I am still experiencing with playing Eldevin on a MacBook.

- The arrow keys have some bugs in them:

- Each key can only be pressed once until I log out

- If I zoom in or out with arrow keys it will lock my position until I log out and back in

- When I hit < or > on the arrow keys, the screen will start spinning. (I can hit opposite direction once to stop the spinning, but then the screen is locked in the position that I stop it at and < or > do nothing after this)

- Browser:

- I have found Chrome does not play Eldevin at all for me (I don't know if I have most updated Chrome)

- Safari works fine, but the two finger zoom (two fingers on track pad moving up to zoom in/down to zoom out) does not work

- Firefox seems to be the best browser for me (Eldevin wouldn't load in Firefox when I played the Beta)

- Chat:

- The "delete" key (backspace on PC) does not work in the chat. ***I have found that if you put the cursor in front of text in the chat you can use "fn" and "delete" to delete in front of the cursor***

These are the only issues I have found so far in the official release. Since I figured out about the "fn" and "delete", these issues are not a big pain.

Hope this helps!

#808892 Reviving Issues

Posted by Grey on 29 August 2013 - 01:40 in Archived Bug Reports

Today someone else and I both had the same issue when someone was trying to revive us. Usually, the screen where you choose to accept or decline a revival pops up on top of the resurrect in town screen. Two of us had the issue where the revival screen was under the city resurrect screen and we could not select it. When the revival spell was casted a second time, it worked.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: