Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:50

It is inevitable in online games like ours that some players will leave and become inactive. In the past our approach has been to remove these players from the region as they got destroyed, if they met certain criteria.

It's important to note that players are never deleted entirely, and if these inactive players return they will be placed back in to the region they were removed from.

The criteria we used previously was:

1. The player must have been inactive for over 14 days.

2. The player must be below Headquarters level 10.

However, in response to player feedback we have now changed the second rule to be:

2. The player's Hero must be below level 30.

Our thought behind this change is that players with a Hero of level 30 or above can have their Hero captured and executed. Giving them value towards Hero killing challenges.

This change will be effective immediately.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#2 Zathabar9

Zathabar9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 14:36

This is a very good idea. However may we get a rough idea how often housecleaning sweeps like this will take place?

Reason I ask is that Alliances may expend Nukes and other effort to clean in actives from around their preferred base of operations. But if they knew a schedule then they could better focus their effort on players not yet meeting the Inactive clear out rule here.

#3 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 19:16

re read what was said,a player must be 

if you then attempt to destroy the city after the 14 days,it will not respawn on the map

#4 Zathabar9

Zathabar9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 16:24

re read what was said,a player must be 

if you then attempt to destroy the city after the 14 days,it will not respawn on the map

Oh I see! I misread that:
BECAUSE ITS UTTERLY IDIOTIC... 
So a game server map has limited tiles but until we the players get around to killing them off they can sit their chocking the potential points of spawn for Resource tiles etc... Really? Wow just wow.

Well I am grateful there is some way of getting rid of the in actives at all. But this strikes me as the lest efficient. Unless the control of the games database(S) is needlessly complex player entries fulfilling their criteria could be deleted or archived in moments. I find it difficult to think why they do not do this.

#5 LeighBibbings

LeighBibbings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 23:39

I think it's the reason they introduced the kill event damage enemy installations once a month so we do the hard work.

#6 Zathabar9

Zathabar9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 17:00

That I suppose makes sense Leigh. Not personally seen one of those yet but OK having a buncha dead accounts to batter and get points for now makes a gram of sense.
Though had I known this I might have advised my alliance to hold off clearing some of the dead wood near our base areas so we coulda done better.

But no the knowledge is not general known so the folks that have played on other servers and seen it before can have yet ANOTHER advantage on the new areas. 

Can no admin not see how damaging that is to the uptake of the game by genuinely NEW players that might spend money. As apposed older players that have already figured out the most efficient packs to buy and therefore are a lower value revenue stream?

No? Sad.

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,506 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 March 2018 - 21:35

You know what?  I went inactive for a bit because my device was stolen, and my new one had little space.  When I returned, earlier this week,  I was moved, bombed all to pieces, and still I get attacked every day while I try to rebuild.   I feel that if an inactive returns, they should have some kind of protection to rebuild.......  

I understand the need to remedy the situation when somebody goes inactive, but when said inactivity is only temporary, measures need to be taken to ensure that when one returns, they aren't bombed off the map, thus discouraging a returning player.  

Just one old lady's opinion

~Love, Penny

AZxelNi.jpg

#8 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 21:53

a few tips

1.bunker,

2.12h shield whenever u get destroyed,

3. get into an active alliance

4. perhaps let players know your back?,players constantly farm dead bases for the very reason that your inactive

but i do a agree,a 5 day shield when u come back would be nice

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: