Photo

Making Titan Hunting more Popular

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
278 replies to this topic

Poll: Time to Titan hunt (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you titan hunt more often if it took less time?

1. Yes (35 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

2. No, I have no desire to Titan hunt at all (4 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

3. Time is not an issue to me (41 votes [51.25%])

Percentage of vote: 51.25%

Vote

#241 handitover

handitover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 00:34

OK you are right need to get back on topic as for me yes if you want to solo titan then you will need to spend the time to do it. I don.t see issue with it as is . Guilds do pretty good when team work is there. Only thing that is wrong and most complain about is when they are secured  seems most just not want to do it for the TKP. Only fix for this is if you want it hunt it .

#242 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 00:36

Great. More petty arguments. I think we all get it that some people here claim that there are "magic" hunters, I don't think we need the 8+ pages about the same posts over and over again to let us know about them.

I don't think it's petty. I think what is being discussed allows transparency. What I'd like to know, and what frustrates me, is why is there the appearance of favoritism for a couple players? Is HCS unable to catch these scripters(*magic hunters*)? It's obvious something is happening. Evidence has been proffered. What does HCS need before players get disciplined? There's an entire thread dedicated to warning players against scripting https://forums.hunte...ng/#entry713526as well as it being in the TOS https://www.huntedcow.com/home/terms. Why aren't the rules being enforced?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#243 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:12

So, if there is no 'magic hunters' on the game, how can we explain someone SOLOING an EPIDEMICUS wearing 9 Epics and only LF, Reckoning and Conserve? And that against 4 experienced Titan Hunters.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to kill an Epidemicus wearing 9 Epics, and without any damage buff...

#244 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:23

If you aren't a titan hunter you should just stop posting  <_<. There is way too much incrimination going on here stay on topic.

Edited by Intimidation, 18 December 2014 - 02:27.

#245 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:27

If you aren't a titan hunter you should just stop posting  <_<.

everyone can express his opinion and has the right to post in forum, regardless of being a titan hunter, pvper, .......

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#246 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:29

Sure but you just make yourself look bad... If you aren't educated on the topic you need to stop acting like you are, just a generalization i'm making on this whole thread. So i'm just talking to the small group of forum bullies that like to make baseless incrimination's.

Edited by Intimidation, 18 December 2014 - 02:35.

#247 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:36

Sure but you just make yourself look bad... If you aren't educated on the topic you need to stop acting like you are, just a generalization i'm making on this whole thread.

I am sorry, I did not know you needed an education on this topic in order to post

may you sir be so kind and tell me where you got your "education" on this topic so that I do not look so bad as you claim?

#248 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:41

I clearly stated if you don't know what your talking about stop acting like you do... That has nothing to do with saying you cannot post. Nothing is more frustrating than someone interjecting themselves into a discussion when they don't know anything. Especially when they sit on their high horse as if they do.

Countless hours of titan hunting and a background in computer sciences... Server sided restrictions are pretty serious to bypass...They would include hacking into HCS which is a criminal offense. I doubt anyone would risk their livelihood for going faster on the titan field  :lol: .

So what maps have you seen magic hunters go from one side all the way to the other in a second? A 2x2 square because last time i checked the speed limit was somewhere around 150-250ms i forgot which exactly. For the sake of simplicity lets just say its 200ms:1 step....Setting up a simple ratio leads me to conclude that you can move 5 Steps:1000ms. Most maps are say 15-20 steps so that would take say 3-4 seconds. You also have to factor in some people have better ping so titans will show up anywhere from 2-3 seconds before you? It may seem like a second or two but its actually not... They are abiding by the speed limit it is not possible to move 20 steps:1 second there are many factors that you aren't factoring in... 

I just hate seeing these absurd statements being thrown out as they are credible.

Edited by Intimidation, 18 December 2014 - 02:59.

#249 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:58

I find it amusing that it's just members of one guild doing their best to "poo poo" the idea of "magic hunters" - all these comments and the only denials of it happening are sourced from 1 guild :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#250 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:02

I find it amusing how you can look past the numbers i just crunched and continue to incriminate :). Math confuses paradoux...Paradoux is paralyzed...Paradoux uses redirect :).

Edited by Intimidation, 18 December 2014 - 03:03.

#251 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:05

I find it amusing that it's just members of one guild doing their best to "poo poo" the idea of "magic hunters" - all these comments and the only denials of it happening are sourced from 1 guild :)

Like I said earlier Main issue here for me is 2 guilds fighting over who gets most fsp from titans, I have no desire to be drawn into that Just want an even playing field regarding movement on maps...

There was an excellent suggestion made a few pages back giving each player an icon on a live hunting map so you can see them move and kill....simply put would stop this kind of he says she says type derailments.

Edited by katatonic, 18 December 2014 - 03:05.

#252 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:05

I find it amusing how you can look past the numbers i just crunched and continue to incriminate :). Math confuses paradoux...Paradoux is paralyzed...Paradoux uses redirect :).

*off-topic*

At least I can spell my own name - try cut/paste next time ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#253 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:07

I just like how you are trying to bury the facts and redirect the conversation :). Numbers don't lie and you can't argue them so what else can you do i guess. Usually at this point in an argument is when one side admits defeat when they can't contribute anything intellectual to combatant the claims.

Edited by Intimidation, 18 December 2014 - 03:08.

#254 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:08

HCS has put a movement restriction, I am not sure about the number but think it is 250ms per square !!!

that means you can MAXIMUM move 4 squares in 1 second !!!!

so if someone moves faster than this restriction put by HCS then by logic something is WRONG !!!!

a player moving 20 squares in 1 second "should" be impossible because of HCS restrictiions !!!! that player should be able to move 20 squares in MINIMUM 5 seconds

you do not need any computer skills, just to know that it is only possible to move MAXIMUM 4 squares in 1 second and anything faster than that "should" be impossibble bcause of HCS movement restrictions !!!!

the "magic" hunter is clearly not affected by HCS restrictions and gets to every titan spot in 1 second !!!!

#255 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:11

I just like how you are trying to bury the facts and redirect the conversation :). Numbers don't lie and you can't argue them so what else can you do i guess.

exactly like you said that Numbers don't lie !!! so it is IMPOSSIBLE to move all over the map in only 1 second !!!! and that is why we need to get rid of those "magic" hunters who are for "some reason" not affected by HCS movement restrictions !!!

you yourself said it: Numbers don't lie !!!

#256 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:13

That's only one guild talking about that on this post, but I assure you that there is a lot more guild suffering with that favouritism.

#257 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:13

So what maps have you seen magic hunters go from one side all the way to the other in a second? A 2x2 square because last time i checked the speed limit was somewhere around 150-250ms i forgot which exactly. For the sake of simplicity lets just say its 200ms:1 step....Setting up a simple ratio leads me to conclude that you can move 5 Steps:1000ms. Most maps are say 15-20 steps so that would take say 3-4 seconds. You also have to factor in some people have better ping so titans will show up anywhere from 2-3 seconds before you? It may seem like a second or two but its actually not... They are abiding by the speed limit it is not possible to move 20 steps:1 second there are many factors that you aren't factoring in... 

You seemed to have missed that line... so okay lets say it is infact 250ms:1 step...so that makes 4 steps:1000ms so 4-5 seconds from one side of the map to the other...Some people see titans 2-3 seconds before you see them reappear so lets factor that in lets say they can make it to the other side in roughly 2.5 seconds...You also gotta take into consideration you aren't accurately counting so lets +- .5 seconds... We are down to 2-3 seconds from one side of the map to the other.

Where are you getting this 1 second nonsense? it may seem like 1 second to you but its actually about 2-3.

Edited by Intimidation, 18 December 2014 - 03:15.

#258 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:15

I just like how you are trying to bury the facts and redirect the conversation :). Numbers don't lie and you can't argue them so what else can you do i guess. Usually at this point in an argument is when one side admits defeat when they can't contribute anything intellectual to combatant the claims.

Well, you're right in that SOMEONE  is burying them - I'll give you that much :)

Scripting can do many things - some of which I've proven to the cows and action taken - who's to say what can and can't be done with it.

I'm not an expert in coding - let's ask your guildie, Yuuzhan ? - he's responsible now for the FSH after all, so can code :) (the sole implication there, before toys start getting thrown outta the pram is that he can code thus should know what can and can't be done)

Edited by Pardoux, 18 December 2014 - 03:16.

#259 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:15

Like I said earlier Main issue here for me is 2 guilds fighting over who gets most fsp from titans, I have no desire to be drawn into that Just want an even playing field regarding movement on maps...

There was an excellent suggestion made a few pages back giving each player an icon on a live hunting map so you can see them move and kill....simply put would stop this kind of he says she says type derailments.

I like that a lot and that is what I am trying to get:

make titan hunting a level-playing field for everybody in terms of movement speed and attack speed

#260 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:16

Don't you mean there is one guild where favoritism is being shown, in THIS case through obvious script use? This has much more to do with how the game is administered than millisecond movement rates. I think it is completely appropriate to ask how can you make Titan hunting more popular when there are cheats who have infiltrated the very subject we are discussing. It's outrageous that it's been going on so long unimpeded, pun intended. What does HCS need to see before players, who have such an unfair cheating advantage, will be stopped?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: