Photo

The death of profits in SE hunting

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the cows revive SE hunting? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the cows revive SE hunting?

1. Voted Yes (12 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

2. Voted No (17 votes [51.52%])

Percentage of vote: 51.52%

3. Voted Other - please post reply/idea (4 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 4ngrym4n

4ngrym4n

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 23:58

I have taken some time out of the game and returned to find that you can buy a destroyer blade for 3 FSP.

This used to be the wet dream of SE hunting, entire guilds waiting on the battle log result to see the drop. The global anticipation on IM or skype as the hunter presses attack creature against the age old adversary Malphas.

Now locations barely sell for 1FSP and all the gear I amassed prior to semi retirement is all but worthless. My entire SE drop stash reduced to nothing akin to the global housing market.

With only a medal to go for is this the end of SE hunting for profit or will the cows revive it?

#2 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 April 2013 - 00:41

I have taken some time out of the game and returned to find that you can buy a destroyer blade for 3 FSP???!!! WTF!!!???

This used to be the wet dream of SE hunting, entire guilds waiting on the battle log result to see the drop. The global anticipation on IM or skype as the hunter presses attack creature against the age old adversary Malphas.

Now locations barely sell for 1FSP and all the gear I amassed prior to semi retirement is all but worthless. My entire SE drop stash reduced to nothing akin to the global housing market.

With only a medal to go for is this the end of SE hunting or will the cows revive it?

Ever thought that maybe the reason the blade is so cheap now is that sets have superceded it ?

SE hunting is FAR from dead - it's just not the profit-making machine (for the most part) that it once was.

As for Malphas, there's still a good profit to be made from it - just get the POTION drop instead of the sword/helm/shield ...

#3 4ngrym4n

4ngrym4n

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:01

That's my point - for the most as far as I can see there's no drop worth getting other than the potion of which is as useful to me as anyone else really.

Other than this there is only the medal, kudos etc where previously I would've funded a power level session from a few days SE hunting.

If there's no profit then what benefit is there to hunting?

#4 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:06

That's my point - for the most as far as I can see there's no drop worth getting other than the potion of which is as useful to me as anyone else really.

Other than this there is only the medal, kudos etc where previously I would've funded a power level session from a few days SE hunting.

Why does every facet of the game have to be profit generating ? - but, some of the higher level SE's are still pretty lucrative - some of the lower ones too - check the UFSG (http://guide.fallensword.com) for the current SE's - and then check the AH for their current values...

You'll see what I mean.

#5 4ngrym4n

4ngrym4n

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:57

Why does every facet of the game have to be profit generating ? - but, some of the higher level SE's are still pretty lucrative - some of the lower ones too - check the UFSG (http://guide.fallensword.com) for the current SE's - and then check the AH for their current values...

You'll see what I mean.

I have, hence my post. It has to be profit making as it's how I used to stay in the game. I generated FSP through SE hunting which bought my equipment and upgrades as well as enabled me to contribute to my guild.

I appreciate that times change and things get superseded but to practically wipe a section of the in game economy out is a bit harsh.

#6 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:25

I have mentioned it a couple times and again yes,,,

The cows once had a idea to rotate old SEs out for a while and replace with a new batch, they got to around 200 and stopped, ive asked from time to time for them to bring it back again.

The idea was to let the old sets become rarer and worth something again, recipes were added for them too and the new sets would be valuable and fill in gaps in gear areas. It worked great for the replacement of the GC and you are only now seeing a drop in price for that guy, they took out the Sammy and not only has that kept a value but Night Branch is still a hot item everyone at 200 wants.

Then somehow instead of finishing all old SEs they moved on to other stuff and instead of rotating the others a year later they started putting the old SEs in caves,,, wasnt real happy to see that one actually as once again price for GC and sammy stuff tanked.

Theres a lot here about profit and stuff, to me its more about the fun of looking for where the new one is spawning, hunting up the sets we need if we need them and the thrill you get when the purple icon appears. We might sell extra pieces to forge our sets and donate a set too but theres nothing wrong with making a few points off the effort your stam went into.

I would really like to suggest the cows revisit this idea and finish all SEs that were out before you rotated out GC, make recipes to use all old sets and rotate them back after a year or just cave them from here on but new SEs across the realms and levels will get a lot of stam burning again.

#7 4ngrym4n

4ngrym4n

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 19:30

I'm bumping this thread as I believe there's a lot of people out there still to contribute. Spread the word people even if it's against my belief, perhaps it is time that SE hunting took a back seat.

Personally I want it back and to be able to at least break even on things - that is to say, I want to hunt SE's and still be involved on another part of the game.

#8 kevon218

kevon218

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 April 2013 - 22:14

well if the composing idea works then the price should be raised back up on them for a good amount of time

#9 4ngrym4n

4ngrym4n

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 14:27

well if the composing idea works then the price should be raised back up on them for a good amount of time

Assuming it's implemented, Cows?

#10 kevon218

kevon218

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 April 2013 - 18:54

I'm guessing its going to be

Once the game is merged, we'll then be focused on implementing the ability to Brew Custom Potions (Composing). This idea has had an overwhelmingly positive response from the community and we think it will be a great addition to the game. We estimate that it will take around 2 to 3 weeks to implement and test it and we'll be discussing it further on the forum as we do.
~ The Fallen Sword Team

just a wild guess...

#11 4ngrym4n

4ngrym4n

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:10

I'm guessing its going to be

Once the game is merged, we'll then be focused on implementing the ability to Brew Custom Potions (Composing). This idea has had an overwhelmingly positive response from the community and we think it will be a great addition to the game. We estimate that it will take around 2 to 3 weeks to implement and test it and we'll be discussing it further on the forum as we do.
~ The Fallen Sword Team

just a wild guess...

I assume then that SE drops will form a part in the composition? Off to check the thread now.

#12 4ngrym4n

4ngrym4n

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:15

I assume then that SE drops will form a part in the composition? Off to check the thread now.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=107800&hilit=compose

#13 needgod

needgod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:50

Se hunting will be dead unless composing kicks in.. as well chest items..(except pots..but those are dropping fast)

I can't sell destroyer gear for 1 fsp.. can't get 1 gold for most chest items..

#14 sareth

sareth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 April 2013 - 18:02

I wonder who voted as NO? :D

#15 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 April 2013 - 22:03

Don't know about the other 4, but I think I was one of the NO votes. There is nothing wrong with SE Hunting as such ... OK, some items don't have as much value as they did (or anywhere close) but a lot of SE sets were never much use in the first place.

For me, SE Hunting (when I do it) is actually BETTER as it is now - because I don't pay for locations and, when I trawl the realms, I find them on pretty much most locations they are meant to be (I hunt for the medals, not the value of the drops)

Should some new ones be added ? - maybe - but I'm sure the cows have got plenty on their plate as it is, without worrying about this.

#16 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 23:59

Should some new ones be added ? - maybe - but I'm sure the cows have got plenty on their plate as it is, without worrying about this.

A new set of SEs would be nice to see once Composing is implemented.

#17 Versair

Versair

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 00:13

The Super Elite Kill Log tells me that SE Hunting is just fine. Times change and prices change, but clearly people still find interest in it.

#18 4ngrym4n

4ngrym4n

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 00:43

Don't know about the other 4, but I think I was one of the NO votes. There is nothing wrong with SE Hunting as such ... OK, some items don't have as much value as they did (or anywhere close) but a lot of SE sets were never much use in the first place.

For me, SE Hunting (when I do it) is actually BETTER as it is now - because I don't pay for locations and, when I trawl the realms, I find them on pretty much most locations they are meant to be (I hunt for the medals, not the value of the drops)

And the fun is where?

#19 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 April 2013 - 00:45

And the fun is where?

Finding them ? - Killing them ? - everything doesn't have to be about profit in this game ..

#20 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 00:47

And the fun is where?

You made this thread because you saw no profits in SE hunting when clearly, there is room for profit in SE hunting. There was no mention of "fun" until now which I don't see why it was brought up. Plus, not every aspect of the game has to be fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: