BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 September 2015 - 15:53

Hi there Everyone.

Our intention with the Spirit of PvP and the PvP Trophies is to have these be used in inventable PvP Potion chests, similar to the Seasonal Chests. We reckon that the over all buff level of the potions would be lowered a bit, at least at the entry level of these items. We also think that the duration of the potions could certainly be increased. These chests and potions would be bound.

Our questions are as follows :

Did you like the buff combinations in the Seasons chests? Were there any buffs in the mixes that were sub optimal and would be better served with a different skill instead? For those who have forgotten or were not aware of the buffs per potion type they are as follows.

Defenders Brew consisted of :

Flinch, Shield Wall, Keen Edge, Defensive Aura & Dispel Curse.

Armorers Brew consisted of :

Layered Armor, Terrorize, Armor Boost, Sanctuary & Entrench.

Balanced Brew consisted of :

Epic Forge, Epic Craft, Ageless, Invigorate & Last Ditch.

Offensive Brew consisted of :

Anti Deflect, Spell Leech, Demoralize, Savagery & Sealed.

Leveling Brew consisted of :

Doubler, Conserve, Light Foot & Animal Magnetism.

We plan to keep the Leveling style chest in the mix, both to maintain the style of most buff chests catering to multiple play styles and to entice levelers to dip their toe into ladder play.

Would you like us to do a scale of Chests and potions? Say 1 PvP Trophy could be used to create a lower buff level version with fewer choices while a Chest made with the Spirit of PvP would make a chest with greater buffs, greater duration and a larger number of choices?

Additionally, we've discussed altering the ladder Tokens awarded so that every player who executes 'x' number of attacks during the Ladder will gain a PvP Token. 'X' to be discussed. Minimum 1 attack, preferably something like 5? That would hopefully cut down on farming as such.

Finally, we'll be looking to release new Content and another three new sets into the Arena this week.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 15:58

I'm impressed , this is really nice

i would say 1/2 token for every 10 stamina used... total 5 tokens for 100 stamina

or is there number of attacks required or stamina used to get the tokens?

Edited by shindrak, 28 September 2015 - 16:02.

#3 Spuddyone

Spuddyone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 16:06

Will we still be seeing the PvP events? Where the Trophies and Chest were awarded?

I like the idea of inventable Chests from those items gained from the PvP event or can be bought from PvP tokens.

I'm not so sure on gaining tokens by amount of hits attacks made.. for a few reasons... Some ladder bands offer more targets, thus allowing more possible attacks to be made. Also, by gaining tokens by just making attacks, I feel if this was implemented, it's have to be on the basis that it's a succesful attack... however, I feel the current system of being placed in the top 3 or 5 dependant on ladder band is just fine, your rewarded for competing.. not for just making 'x' number of attacks.

Just my thoughts is all..

Edited by Spuddyone, 28 September 2015 - 16:07.

#4 Spuddyone

Spuddyone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 16:13

i would say 1/2 token for every 10 stamina used... total 5 tokens for 100 stamina

I think this would make tokens too easy to earn/come by and in turn would de-value them even further than they already are worth. Currently you have to use a fair amount of stam, time and effort to make a placing. Just having to make 'x' amount of attacks could make it easier and less effort to earn/gain tokens. More rewarding to try and place in the top 3 or 5 for tokens than just having to make 'x' number of hits.

Edited by Spuddyone, 28 September 2015 - 16:13.

#5 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 16:19

Will we still be seeing the PvP events? Where the Trophies and Chest were awarded?

I like the idea of inventable Chests from those items gained from the PvP event or can be bought from PvP tokens.

I'm not so sure on gaining tokens by amount of hits attacks made.. for a few reasons... Some ladder bands offer more targets, thus allowing more possible attacks to be made. Also, by gaining tokens by just making attacks, I feel if this was implemented, it's have to be on the basis that it's a succesful attack... however, I feel the current system of being placed in the top 3 or 5 dependant on ladder band is just fine, your rewarded for competing.. not for just making 'x' number of attacks.

Just my thoughts is all..

As for making only succesful attacks count I believe that is the intention.

As well as I think the current system with tokens awarded for first 3/5 is to stay this is just going to be an addition - something for those who as You have said compete - but are not among the top at the time of the reset. Sounds nice to me.

Perhaps I have undestood this the wrong way but this sounds like flooding the game with tokens in a few days time. I believe the intention is actually all those who made certain number of attacks get 1 token regardless of their placement.

As for the amount of stamina used well I do not have a clue how to count 10stams vs 100 stams if its just the number of attacks executed.

#6 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 September 2015 - 16:19

I.E. if you've made an attack, at the end of the ladder timeframe, you will get a token. So that everyone who actually takes part gains a token. This is to make those who come in fourth or less don't feel there was no point in taking part.

The Seasons will be adapted to a kind of PvP Global Event in the future.

The Trophy and Spirit of PvP are both gained from the Ladder now. They will be used to invent these Epic Chests.

vlkfenrir has it right, yeah.

#7 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 28 September 2015 - 16:21

For me, I'd think that a minimum 100 stamina used (10 10 stam attacks for 1 100 stam attack) would suffice to get at least 1 token, but 1 attack might be a little too minimal.

For the potion combinations, the only one I really didn't care for was entrench in the Armorer's Brew. It would be equivalent to putting Barricade in the Defense, which you didn't. A replacement, if the buff was re-worked, would be Dull Edge (lower the % and allow it to work in PVP), or possibly Hardened or ageless (remove it from the Balanced).

#8 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 16:22

The Trophy and Spirit of PvP are both gained from the Ladder now. They will be used to invent these Epic Chests.

So there are different items again to be earned in planned PvP globals?

#9 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 28 September 2015 - 16:22

I.E. if you've made an attack, at the end of the ladder timeframe, you will get a token. So that everyone who actually takes part gains a token. This is to make those who come in fourth or less don't feel there was no point in taking part.

I think there should be a stamina requirement rather than an attack requirement, as well as the attach should need to be a win I think. A 10 stam attack is really nothing, and doesn't cost much of anything, whereas a 100 stam will most likely increase PVP activity I would think (people don't like getting 100 stammed most of the time).

#10 Spuddyone

Spuddyone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 16:28

Yeah I see your point, 1 token to be awarded for those making enough number of attacks so even if they slightly miss out on a place, they still get something for competing, I like it.

And yes I realise we can now get the Trpphy and Spirit of PvP in exchange for PvP tokens gained, was just wondering whether we'd see the Leagues again.

As for the PvP Global Events, will these work so we can still achive the 2 PvP Medals.. Tyranny and PvP Mastery? I liked the League Event you had done.

The PvP Chest Combos seemed good to me, nice mixture and combo of skills

#11 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 September 2015 - 16:29

A 10 stam attack is really nothing, and doesn't cost much of anything, whereas a 100 stam will most likely increase PVP activity I would think (people don't like getting 100 stammed most of the time).

Agreed. I'd be inclined to set it to 100 Stam. All of the attacks I've initiated while on the Ladder have been 100 stam hits.

#12 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 16:58

I agree with Kittles about removing Entrench from the Armorers brew and possibly replace it with Anchored, Hardened, or Ageless.

I'm not sure how I feel about the tokens for attacking issue. Seems a bit like "everybody gets a trophy" mentality even though they didn't necessairly win anything. On the other hand, it does reward players for actually participating in the ladder and being able to earn more than 5 tokens per reset would be nice.

#13 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 17:26

PvP Ladder:

Additionally, we've discussed altering the ladder Tokens awarded so that every player who executes 'x' number of attacks during the Ladder will gain a PvP Token. 'X' to be discussed. Minimum 1 attack, preferably something like 5? That would hopefully cut down on farming as such.

I'm having trouble conceptualizing this. In large part, it may be because I have seen different situations between different ladders. 

I guess that as long as the current reward system based on placement doesn't get either trashed OR tinkered with, I wouldn't be against a "use an amount of stam" reward as long as it doesn't surpass 1 token. 

100 stam seems extremely low to me though. I'd be more apt to choose 1k stam. 10 hits with 100 stam in a "48 hour" period seems little to me. I think even lower level players could deal with that. 

#14 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 17:27

Like the ideas.

Balanced brew: take out invigorate, and put in smashing hammer.

100 stam is a good starting point for tokens.

I would also like to point out you expanded the ranges on the ladders, but kept the distribution the same.

Make it:
1st gets 10 tokens
2nd gets 8
3rd gets 6
4th gets 4
5th gets 2

Everyone else who meets the minimum requirements gets 1.

#15 DARKELITE1

DARKELITE1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 17:29

Last thing we need in this game is more pots BG, reconsider

#16 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 17:53

Can we also consider dominance ticks based off of the pvp score of the players on ladders with absolutely no activity? This is something that had changed after the seasons were released and hasn't changed back. My ladder currently is entirely Evil Dead and with no other targets it's impossible to gain dominance ticks even though all are at what would technically be considered 1st place and none are gaining dominance ticks towards the medal. By description we should all be gaining as long as we are all at an equal score.

#17 Spuddyone

Spuddyone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 18:07

Can we also consider dominance ticks based off of the pvp score of the players on ladders with absolutely no activity? This is something that had changed after the seasons were released and hasn't changed back. My ladder currently is entirely Evil Dead and with no other targets it's impossible to gain dominance ticks even though all are at what would technically be considered 1st place and none are gaining dominance ticks towards the medal. By description we should all be gaining as long as we are all at an equal score.

I guess the only problem with this is that your not really dominating... as you are not able to compete with other players on your ladder (not saying this is your fault may I add).

But surely the Dominance Medal should be gained by earning that top spot on the ladder by fighting your other ladder competetors. Your still gaining tokens for free right now, but gaining 'free' Dominance ticks also... ?? In my opinion I think it's a good call not to be gaining Dominance tick if you have no competition for them.

#18 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 September 2015 - 19:10

Here's my opinion:-

Every player who executes 10 "100 stam" attacks on the ladder should get 1 tocken, for each 10 "100 stams" you get 1 extra tocken.

As for chests, in the levelling one I would love Stalker or Overkill instead of that very high level doubler, Ibalways deactivate it and use potion of greater doubler instead.

clock96.gif

#19 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 28 September 2015 - 19:12

I'd like to see a second type of leveling pot available pvp wise. ( while I enjoy pvp tremendously I do wanna get to eoc lol). Lib, al, sacrifice and maybe a high wither, or mesmerise/ armored strike.

Like the idea of a potion with smashing hammer, I kinda liked entrench in a pot, but whatever you deem fit, is fine with me.

Edited by Maehdros, 28 September 2015 - 19:13.

#20 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 19:49

I guess the only problem with this is that your not really dominating... as you are not able to compete with other players on your ladder (not saying this is your fault may I add).

But surely the Dominance Medal should be gained by earning that top spot on the ladder by fighting your other ladder competetors. Your still gaining tokens for free right now, but gaining 'free' Dominance ticks also... ?? In my opinion I think it's a good call not to be gaining Dominance tick if you have no competition for them.

While this is true, there's also the issue of us being punished for nobody wanting to join these ladders, which in turn shows dominance in a way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: