Photo

Equipping from two weapons to a two-handed weapon.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 May 2013 - 17:06

If I have two one-handed weapons equipped I cannot equip my two-handed staff without first manually removing one of the one-handed weapons. Neither using the right-click menu or dragging and dropping will equip the two-handed weapon. The right-click menu and dragging/dropping work just fine for the one-handed weapons if I currently have my two-handed staff equipped.

#2 Elnestor

Elnestor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Badge
  • Austria

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:48

Of course. The system can`t change one object (two-handed sword) against two objects (sword+shield i.e.) in a single action.

You have to manually unequip either shield or one-handed sword, then you can use right-click equip on the two-handed sword.

~ Be a friendly Founder. Help Newcomers. ~

Char 1: Kyrion - Ranger - lvl 49

Crystal- 49: Farming- 49 : Fishing- 49 : Foraging- 49 : Forestry- 49 : Prospect- 49 : Skinning- 49 

Alchemy- 49 : Armor- 49 : Cooking- 49 : Jewelry- 49 : Leather- 49 : Tailoring- 49 : Weapons- 49

Char 2: Elnestor - Templar - lvl 49   **** Char 3: Sarakh - Mage - lvl 49 **** Char 4: Razvan - Assassin - lvl 49

Char 5: LordRahl - Warrior - lvl 49  **** Char 6: Hezekiel - Prophet - lvl 49 **** Char 7: Durendal - Ranger - lvl 49

#3 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:51

Sure, I understand that's how it's working right now. It's the inconsistency of how two-handed weapons equip compared to everything else that seems clunky and confusing. It's not game breaking or anything but it seems like it might be relatively easy to make two-handed equips conform whenever the devs have the time for such non-critical things.

#4 RikkaLarn

RikkaLarn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2013 - 17:26

why doesn't it conform? if you are holding 2 1-handed weapons, you NEED to put one away before you can even think about grabbing the 2-handed one. whilst vice versa you'd put away the 2-handed weapon to equip your 1st 1-handed weapon, then equip 2nd weapon/shield...this isn't a bug, its a request for a shortcut, post in suggestions....

Jack of all Trades....need anything at all, whisper me   :)

RikkaLarn: lvl32  Warrior    Pug: lvl 14 Mage  OwainGlynDwr lvl 9 Templar Shalhassan: lvl 3 Dogsbody   :)

Crystal Cutting 24, Farming 28, Fishing 18, Foraging 27, Forestry 27, Prospecting 35, Skinning 30, Alchemy 31, Armoursmithing 19, Cooking 36, Jewellery 16, Leatherwork 18, Tailoring 17, Weaponsmithing 18

#5 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 17:53

If the system can unequip 1 weapon for you, it can unequip 2.  It doesn't, on the face of it, make a lot of sense why that's a substantial difference. Intuitively, it should unequip everything it needs to.

#6 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 May 2013 - 19:50

If the system can unequip 1 weapon for you, it can unequip 2.  It doesn't, on the face of it, make a lot of sense why that's a substantial difference. Intuitively, it should unequip everything it needs to.

This. Plus, it totally seemed like something that wasn't working as intended when I made my initial post because it was working outside the parameters of how everything else is equipped, and not in a good way.

#7 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:31

We're working on improving this currently should equip/unequip normally in the future.

#8 RikkaLarn

RikkaLarn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:43

We're working on improving this currently should equip/unequip normally in the future.

It is normal, its just that it hasn't got a shortcut built in. And although I'd prefer both hands to unequip when equipping a two handed weapon, there is nothing wrong with how it works right now. Definitely one for suggestions this, its not a bug.

RikkaLarn: lvl32  Warrior    Pug: lvl 14 Mage  OwainGlynDwr lvl 9 Templar Shalhassan: lvl 3 Dogsbody   :)

Crystal Cutting 24, Farming 28, Fishing 18, Foraging 27, Forestry 27, Prospecting 35, Skinning 30, Alchemy 31, Armoursmithing 19, Cooking 36, Jewellery 16, Leatherwork 18, Tailoring 17, Weaponsmithing 18

#9 cowboy

cowboy

Lead Programmer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2013 - 21:40

In the next update right click->equip/unequp will handle this, so 'equip' two-handed weapon will attempt to remove any weapons in both right and left hand and place the two-hander, if there's enough space for the unequipped items that is. It can't be done with drag'n'drop at all really, as you cant pick up two weapons at once.

I suppose more importantly the equip/unequip now also works for belts and bags (mainly for belts) and their contents, and will try to move the potions from the unequipping belt into the equipped belts inventory, basically swapping the belts inventory contents. Before you would have to manually remove and re-add them all one by one, so this is a nice new update.

Glenn Murphy (cowboy)
Eldevin Lead Programmer

#10 RikkaLarn

RikkaLarn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2013 - 22:17

In the next update right click->equip/unequp will handle this, so 'equip' two-handed weapon will attempt to remove any weapons in both right and left hand and place the two-hander, if there's enough space for the unequipped items that is. It can't be done with drag'n'drop at all really, as you cant pick up two weapons at once.

I suppose more importantly the equip/unequip now also works for belts and bags (mainly for belts) and their contents, and will try to move the potions from the unequipping belt into the equipped belts inventory, basically swapping the belts inventory contents. Before you would have to manually remove and re-add them all one by one, so this is a nice new update.

Fairy snuff, though I really don't see that it was something you guys needed to focus on, its no more than a request for a short cut, hopefully this sort of switch will not be possible during combat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: