19 replies to this topic

#1 Haloartist

Haloartist

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 17:40

Looked at a few PSDs/Tutorials and downloaded some C4D's and such.

All criticism is welcome.

--V1--
Posted Image
-------

--V2--
Posted Image
-------

#2 Haloartist

Haloartist

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 20:28

Anyone? :P

NoMoreNovocaine.png

#3 ghetoghost

ghetoghost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 21:10

The text is wrong, it should say "ghetoghost"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Live. Love. Learn. Die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Are you an artist? Want to be listed as one under the Artist Directory; click here

#4 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 21:16

I don't like the blue lines on the far right. They don't really suit try making them go vertical instead of horizontal like the ones of the far left.

Text looks to fancy try using plain.

Other than that I freakin love it. Its really great :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

#5 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2013 - 22:12

So awesome..very good job. Just the text can use some tweaking

uwClls8.png

#6 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 22:35

Lower the opacity of the dark outter glow and thats it! pretty good job mate, I had to log in just to comment :P

#7 TreeFrog

TreeFrog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2013 - 23:27

Change up your text, you've been using that style on everything and it doesnt work on everything. :P

#8 Haloartist

Haloartist

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:09

Enh the text wasn't meant to be perm. Just something until it's bought in the auction. I'll post another version though. o:

NoMoreNovocaine.png

#9 Sustortias

Sustortias

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:53

Was gonna cc this before but you'd just cc'd mine and it didn't seem proper to cc straight back at that time.

I respect you as an artist and when your good your really good but this tbh is by no means your best.

The flow (especially the right hand side) just seems chaotic to me which is why i didn't cc back before cos you'd just mentioned my anime background (and i agree the initial one sucked cos the red was outta place with the theme).

The blue dots to the right drag the eye away too much and looking to the left of tag, the blue 'blocks' top left are pretty sharp then just below you have this blurred version of kinda same thing so the perceptions thrown off.

Like i said before, you do make great works, but just not feelin this one.

Ignition_Honda_410x200_zps03cc040c.png

#10 Haloartist

Haloartist

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 20:30

Was gonna cc this before but you'd just cc'd mine and it didn't seem proper to cc straight back at that time.

I respect you as an artist and when your good your really good but this tbh is by no means your best.

The flow (especially the right hand side) just seems chaotic to me which is why i didn't cc back before cos you'd just mentioned my anime background (and i agree the initial one sucked cos the red was outta place with the theme).

The blue dots to the right drag the eye away too much and looking to the left of tag, the blue 'blocks' top left are pretty sharp then just below you have this blurred version of kinda same thing so the perceptions thrown off.

Like i said before, you do make great works, but just not feelin this one.

The blocks you are talking about got a little fuzzed I think because of a distort layer I applied. But until the updated version I did no blurring.

Either way! A new version is posted. :)

NoMoreNovocaine.png

#11 ghetoghost

ghetoghost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 20:59

I like v2 a lot more. It feels more smooth and cleaned up but you still got the text wrong. It should say "ghetoghost"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Live. Love. Learn. Die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Are you an artist? Want to be listed as one under the Artist Directory; click here

#12 Haloartist

Haloartist

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 21:08

I like v2 a lot more. It feels more smooth and cleaned up but you still got the text wrong. It should say "ghetoghost"

You'll have to get it in the auction. ;)

NoMoreNovocaine.png

#13 TreeFrog

TreeFrog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 March 2013 - 22:52

One extreme to the other, the blue stuff seems too blurred while also looking like its on the same plane as the guy and it kind of messes up the depth. I like that you got rid of those blue lines or whatever they were. Text placement was better in V1.

#14 Haloartist

Haloartist

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 23:05

One extreme to the other, the blue stuff seems too blurred while also looking like its on the same plane as the guy and it kind of messes up the depth. I like that you got rid of those blue lines or whatever they were. Text placement was better in V1.

Now ya' see I changed it first to make sust happy. That's why I didn't blur it before, because to me. It looked like the blue C4D was on the same level as my render so to help the depth I didn't blur it.

NoMoreNovocaine.png

#15 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 23:12

Now ya' see I changed it first to make sust happy. That's why I didn't blur it before, because to me. It looked like the blue C4D was on the same level as my render so to help the depth I didn't blur it.

:lol: Yeah if this was a contest I would have a hard time choosing which version to pick looking at the both of them ever since you blurred the original one out.. maybe have no text and keep it for yourself? :P

eqnq15.png                  

#16 Haloartist

Haloartist

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 23:31

:lol: Yeah if this was a contest I would have a hard time choosing which version to pick looking at the both of them ever since you blurred the original one out.. maybe have no text and keep it for yourself? :P

lol nah I need the fsp.

I just wish some people here were more open and didn't always go by the book on whats a good signature and what isn't.

NoMoreNovocaine.png

#17 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 23:43

:shock: Your new sig.. 10/10 for sure hehe

Well for me I like them both pieces tho the rendering could be done slightly if not fully better and if the majority were open books it'll be easier to figure out if he/she is wearing a mask or something underneath the usual when others would merely take glances of them out of curiosity possible ignorance habitual actions or distraction :wink:

eqnq15.png                  

#18 TreeFrog

TreeFrog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:43

Its just a matter of preference. Susto usually goes for the more out of focus style which is why I believe he would prefer it that way. As to your other comment about being by the book, I'm not sure who thats directed at but I always judge things by the standards I learned from you and give honest criticism as you always had given me.

#19 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:52

Well said. :)

eqnq15.png                  

#20 mini100

mini100

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:46

well i got lost when all of you guys started talking about a book...

but back to cnc.... looks great but i agree that you have 2 sides of extreme... i dont really think the stuff on the left needs to be blurred... looked better without in my opinion and maybe blur some of the stuff on the right. looks way better without the blue line things on the right. also just a personal preference i would blur some of the red specks that are on the sig. but thats just a personal preference. overall very nice.

Sorry but Photobucket decided to take down my Signature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: