Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:00

This is a security announcement for anyone using unauthorized 3rd party scripts. We have recently had a few accounts compromised who were using the FSPlus script to automate Guild Conflicts and Bounty Hunting.

Not only is the use of unauthorized scripts like this easily logged and will get you banned, this particular script steals your password and sends it to a remote server.

Anyone who has been using unauthorized scripts such as this should remove them and change their password immediately. We have changed the ID of the password field to temporarily break the scripts ability to steal passwords, but such things are only temporary.

We are also banning the use of the previously authorized script Titan Stride and FS. LightWalk, effective immediately. As we feel it gives an unfair advantage to players using them.

The only allowed 3rd party script is Fallen Sword Helper (http://code.google.c...lenswordhelper/), however please note that just because we allow the use of the script does not mean we vouch for its safety. They are regularly changed and updated and we do not review it constantly.

You have a week to remove any unauthorized scripts from your computer before we begin to actively monitor their usage.

*UPDATE 01/16/2012*
It has come to our attention that updates have been released for FS Plus, it still steals passwords. We have reported it to Google Code and are awaiting the projects removal, no support will be given to those who lose accounts through attempts to use this tool.

*UPDATE 01/17/2012*

We are announcing an extension to the ban on scripts to a script called 'Kill All On World(Fallensword)' - This script allows you to kill creatures on a square, just by moving on to it. This is automation, and use of this script is against the rules. Please remove any script that automates hunting for you. Thank you.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#2 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:06

awesomeness 8) good job

#3 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:07

Great job !!

#4 abhorrence

abhorrence

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:10

Nice!

#5 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:12

First I would like to say Very nice to finally see hcs taking action on this issue.

Although I dont see how titan stride with the new map system gives players unfair advantage, but either way its not needed with the new map system, thanks again for the update.

Side note: Hoof can you give me an update on my ticket? Its been over a week now with nothing new on it, thanks!

#6 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:13

First I would like to say Very nice to finally see hcs taking action on this issue.

Although I dont see how titan stride with the new map system gives players unfair advantage, but either way its not needed with the new map system, thanks again for the update.

Side note: Hoof can you give me an update on my ticket? Its been over a week now with nothing new on it, thanks!

only a week? tickets often go unanswered for ~6 weeks in my experience when they go to the devs

#7 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:15

only a week? tickets often go unanswered for ~6 weeks in my experience when they go to the devs

Well its not exactly unanswered, he replied a couple times, just no update for over a week and he said he would get back with me in a couple days, but I do see where you are coming from.

#8 Shibing

Shibing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:16

how do i uninstall the Titan Stride ?
and now that its banned can i be sure that other titan hunters wont continue using it ?

#9 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:17

Well its not exactly unanswered, he replied a couple times, just no update for over a week and he said he would get back with me in a couple days, but I do see where you are coming from.

I shall ask the coders to look into the tickets as soon as they can.

#10 cemilabi

cemilabi

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:19

We are also banning the use of the previously authorized script Titan Stride, effective immediately. As we feel it gives an unfair advantage to players using it.

Wow..It tooks two years to decide automated titan hunt is cheating.

Well Done.

#11 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:20

We are also banning the use of the previously authorized script Titan Stride, effective immediately. As we feel it gives an unfair advantage to players using it.

Well Done.

I've only worked here for a few months.... :P

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#12 Bizz

Bizz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:24

Little offtopic but counter of posts from forum at home page don't work on this post.

It's useless knowledge if not shared.

#13 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:24

how do i uninstall the Titan Stride ?
and now that its banned can i be sure that other titan hunters wont continue using it ?

To un-install:

Tools > Addons > Extensions and click Uninstall next to the Titan Stride

Yes, we will be monitoring use of the script, anyone found using it after the week is up will be breaking the rules.

#14 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:25

Little offtopic but counter of posts from forum at home page don't work on this post.

whoever posted it into the announcements subforum broke it when they moved it to general feedback ;)

#15 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:25

woohoo a level playing field for titan hunting bring it on :)

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#16 LScorpion

LScorpion

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Trinidad and Tobago

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:26

Titan stride isn't automated titan hunting. :/ Anyway I will miss it. The map refreshing system was very useful for hunting titans and getting around FS in general. Other than that titanstride didn't do anything else except refresh the scout tower which can be done with normal mozilla add-ons as far as I know.

#17 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:26

Have reported that to Zorg :D

#18 Bizz

Bizz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:29

Have reported that to Zorg :D

Thanks it's fixed :D

It's useless knowledge if not shared.

#19 cemilabi

cemilabi

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:29

Well Done.

I've only worked here for a few months.... :P

:lol:

#20 needgod

needgod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:31

+50,000 :mrgreen:

Thats why so many people stopped messing with titans, except those using the add on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: