• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Zorann

Zorann

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:14

As I'm typing this, I'm waiting for the Potion of Luring I won at the AH to arrive to my mailbox, and it's taking too long. This is irritating if you've just missed the scheduler and are forced to wait for 20 minutes (worst-case scenario) for the next pass. I think 20-minute intervals is a long wait for the scheduler to process all ended auctions. Is it possible to shorten the interval to 10 minutes without affecting the performance of the database?

#2 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:27

As I'm typing this, I'm waiting for the Potion of Luring I won at the AH to arrive to my mailbox, and it's taking too long. This is irritating if you've just missed the scheduler and are forced to wait for 20 minutes (worst-case scenario) for the next pass. I think 20-minute intervals is a long wait for the scheduler to process all ended auctions. Is it possible to shorten the interval to 10 minutes without affecting the performance of the database?

Easier solution to the "problem" ? - buy the potions for your next hunt as soon as your existing one completes. As a bonus, it removes gold on hand from you making you less of a pvp target :)

#3 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:35

it could be the time issue we have atm, everything started slowing down a few weeks back, went from a min slow to now about 8 mins, everything from the AH to PB to arena and top rated etc is updating 8 minutes after it shouldve updated :S

#4 Zorann

Zorann

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:45

Easier solution to the "problem" ? - buy the potions for your next hunt as soon as your existing one completes. As a bonus, it removes gold on hand from you making you less of a pvp target :)

Well for hunting items, then yes you can do that 'workaround/bandaid', no problem with that. But we have to look at all items in general. And yes, it is a problem (a minor one but irritating nonetheless). The solution has to be a permanent one.

it could be the time issue we have atm, everything started slowing down a few weeks back, went from a min slow to now about 8 mins, everything from the AH to PB to arena and top rated etc is updating 8 minutes after it shouldve updated :S

Hehehe, well that's a pity if that were the case. The number of users in the site is averaging 600 (not a lot). I'm beginning to think that this game is installed on only one server and the 'current server' IPs you see in-game is just randomly generated :mrgreen:. Hehe, it might even be sharing server resources with their other games like Sigma Storm 2. Now you wonder why you can no longer choose a server to log in to (I recall reading that this was possible before). I mean, who would dedicate multiple servers on a game whose average logged-in users is around 600?

#5 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 25 July 2012 - 00:04

I'm beginning to think that this game is installed on only one server and the 'current server' IPs you see in-game is just randomly generated.

If there was only one server, it would be a LOT slower.

Hehe, it might even be sharing server resources with their other games like Sigma Storm 2.

I really don't think the 12 users who have been active on SS2 in the last 30 minutes (I'm logged in looking at it) are slowing us down.

Now you wonder why you can no longer choose a server to log in to (I recall reading that this was possible before).

Nope, never been possible to choose the server you're active on, only to try to move to a random different one by idling for a period of time.

I mean, who would dedicate multiple servers on a game whose average logged-in users is around 600?

:roll:

#6 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:46

Well for hunting items, then yes you can do that 'workaround/bandaid', no problem with that. But we have to look at all items in general. And yes, it is a problem (a minor one but irritating nonetheless). The solution has to be a permanent one.

It isn't a work around or a bandaid - it is however simple common sense. On a side note, one of the nice things about backpack upgrades is you can stock up when things are cheap too so that you don't have to worry about shopping at the last minute.

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: