Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2013 - 18:09

We've just given everyone 5 Invite Codes for the new Returning Players section on the recruiting page.

When inviting a player back, the following must apply to be able to invite them:

1) Reached at least level 20.
2) Not logged in for at least 120 days.

Friends you invite back must do the following for you (and them) to qualify for a reward:

1) Enter your invite code on this page.
2) Login on 20 unique days.
3) Gain 50 levels.

When the returning player applies your invite code, they will instantly received 30,000 Current Stamina and an epic Phoenix Potion which gives Adept Learner 500 for 48 hours!

When the player you have invited back has qualified for the reward, it will be reviewed by the Fallen Sword Team and if approved, you will receive $40 worth of Fallen Sword Points (250) and the returning player will receive $20 worth of Fallen Sword Points (110). You'll also increase your progress towards the awesome new Phoenix Medal.

For full details, check out the new Returning Players recruiting page now by clicking here...

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Shibing

Shibing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 18:11

wow thats great guys! I have a friend that fits the requirements for this, will try to reinvite him :mrgreen:
also nice way to get into the game again lol

#3 Nithle

Nithle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 18:12

Out of interest, will it be possible to get more of these invite codes at some point?

#4 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 18:14

Nice, if we send/generate an invite code, will that player receive an email to make them aware of this or is it a case of luck that the player logs back on at somepoint?

#5 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2013 - 18:15

Nice, if we send/generate an invite code, will that player receive an email to make them aware of this or is it a case of luck that the player logs back on at somepoint?

You need to give them the invite code and they need to enter it on the Returning Players section of the recruiting page.

#6 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 18:18

You need to give them the invite code and they need to enter it on the Returning Players section of the recruiting page.

Ok, I see..

Would it be possible to send out emails to the players we generate codes for... I'm sure not everyone keeps in touch with old, retired players.. If emails are sent when a code is generated you will have a higher chance of getting more returning players

Just a thought

#7 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 January 2013 - 18:19

Shame I planned to use it to send an invite to a member of my guild that retired before I joined

#8 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 18:28

Awesome idea!

#9 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 18:33

so i generate the code for the player's name first...then they log on and enter the code(that i personally have to give them) at the bottom of THIS page?

generating the code before they log on calculates/records that they have been away for 120+ days?? new technology confuses and scares me :shock: just don't want to make a mistake and ruin basically my only chance for these rewards since i only had one real life friend join this game and leave.

#10 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 18:42

Most of players retired banned themselves or logging on from time to time not 120 days inactive
and they left game for a reason. if we brought them back and they saw nothing changed they will back inactive :|

Not necessary to add medal for this stuff as it unachievable for many

#11 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 18:52

they left game for a reason. if we brought them back and they saw nothing changed they will back inactive :|

I had to log in just to reply this... Dude, seriously? Game changed alot in the past months, and it keeps improving and improving. A good example of this is titan hunting

#12 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 18:53

Gain 50 levels or..? Clear 50 bounties? win 25 arenas? Get 6000 titan kills? Kill 50 SEs?

Not everyone who might come back would appreciate the leveling aspect of the game. If its supposed to be something give them the itch back and encourage them to play, then maybe they should be rewarded for doing activities that they would enjoy.

Its great that you try to do something to get old players to return. :)

#13 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 19:07

The only player i know the contact information is my nephew, and the reasons he quit playing are way worse now. He doesn't have any intention of logging in again. (just talked to him)

The most this "update" is going to do is fire up the old multies and shared accounts. Gotta get them free fsps.

#14 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 19:14

they left game for a reason. if we brought them back and they saw nothing changed they will back inactive :|

I had to log in just to reply this... Dude, seriously? Game changed alot in the past months, and it keeps improving and improving. A good example of this is titan hunting

Some players quit because of these changes ;) specially pvp part changed alot than what it was in the past..
and Look at pvp arena top rated list most of top champions retired because of it being slow...

they didnt quit because they cant get fsps or powerful potions. you disagree? :roll:

Titan hunting isnt the whole game tho and its not fully fixed yet :|

and i know game improving now...but who knows when it will get improved well enough

#15 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2013 - 19:25

Only issue I have with it is all that gold coming back into game with the 30,000 stam ( plus their own max stamina). Possibly make the 2 day potion al500 and sacrifice 500?

#16 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 19:30

Only issue I have with it is all that gold coming back into game with the 30,000 stam ( plus their own max stamina). Possibly make the 2 day potion al500 and sacrifice 500?

I was thinking this also, with the current ways of HCS is getting rid of gold this is somewhat counter productive.
500 however seems a wee bit too high, I was thinking Lv. 300
Whatever the level, I think it needs one.

#17 iTzBiLL

iTzBiLL

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 19:31

Gain 50 levels or..? Clear 50 bounties? win 25 arenas? Get 6000 titan kills? Kill 50 SEs?

Not everyone who might come back would appreciate the leveling aspect of the game. If its supposed to be something give them the itch back and encourage them to play, then maybe they should be rewarded for doing activities that they would enjoy.

I think this is an excellent point.... And I feel this should be implemented some how

BiLL2.png

#18 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2013 - 19:32

I was thinking this also, with the current ways of HCS is getting rid of gold this is somewhat counter productive.

yeah even a sac 250? As long as there's some sort of sacrifice included to nerf the gold coming into the game. :)

#19 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2013 - 19:39

yeah even a sac 250? As long as there's some sort of sacrifice included to nerf the gold coming into the game. :)

We've added Sacrifice 250 to the potion :)

#20 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2013 - 19:40

I think this is an excellent point.... And I feel this should be implemented some how

There are many things we could ask the returning player to do I guess, but we wanted to keep it quite simple and easy to explain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: