Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2014 - 13:09

In this latest update, we've implemented four improvements from the Development Roadmap!

Improve Auto-Fragmenting

We've added granular controls for determining if you would like to keep, fragment or discard items gained from creatures based on their rarity. Note that as this replaces the previous settings, we've make it the default to keep all items based on their rarity until you update it to your preference. You can see this new preference by clicking here.

Improve Quest Book

We've divided the quest book into normal and seasonal quests. Two links have been added to the top of the page so you can switch the view.

Increase Avatar Image Max Size and Character Bio Max Limit

We've increases the upload limit for player avatars and the maximum upgradable limit for Bio characters by 50%.

Add Direct Link From Forum To Player Profile

We've added a new link to 'View Profile' under your character name on the forums.

Next we're working on improving guild chat and we're also going to be working on making new players exempt from Guild Conflicts as we feel this should be a higher priority than it currently is on the list.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 BabyMad

BabyMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 13:18

When i hit the "Seasonel" quest book buttom it throw me to front page

#3 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2014 - 13:22

When i hit the "Seasonel" quest book buttom it throw me to front page

It's working correctly for me - are you using the Fallen Sword Helper? If so it might be conflicting with the update.

#4 perliak

perliak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Spain

Posted 18 March 2014 - 13:28

I'm using FF and FSH and it works correctly for me.

#5 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 March 2014 - 13:33

For Auto-Fragment, can we get an additional toggle for Quest Items?

#6 BabyMad

BabyMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 13:33

I use FSHelper. I try reboot

Disabled and rebooted firefox, still doesnt work

Suddently it work :P

And now it dont. FSHelper is still disabled

I only have 1 quest in the seasonel so what about a section for epic quests as well?

Edited by BabyMad, 18 March 2014 - 13:38.

#7 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 18 March 2014 - 13:43

I know that the devil is going to be in the details, but do you have a rough idea about what the levels/time played will be for new players?   At this point in time I certainly wouldn't hold you to any specifics.

Edited by Tastria, 18 March 2014 - 13:59.

#8 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 March 2014 - 13:46

quest items and stuff like plants would be help full in the auto fragger

#9 perliak

perliak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Spain

Posted 18 March 2014 - 14:05

btw, why is there an option to keep, fragment or discard dropped epics? is there an epic that is dropped by a creature? :D

#10 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 14:24

excellent update..2 thumbs up...really like new frag preference page, really like the new questbook....but really like hearing that gvg farming of newbies is soon going to finally come to an end...hoooray...big hip hip hooray...small issue of bar for questbook not working ..says 0 completed quests..i am sure minor thing that will be fixed....keep up the great work

Edited by yodamus, 18 March 2014 - 14:28.

#11 Thargor

Thargor

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 14:45

Whats the new max size for Avatars?

#12 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2014 - 15:22

Whats the new max size for Avatars?

300kb :)

excellent update..2 thumbs up...really like new frag preference page, really like the new questbook....but really like hearing that gvg farming of newbies is soon going to finally come to an end...hoooray...big hip hip hooray...small issue of bar for questbook not working ..says 0 completed quests..i am sure minor thing that will be fixed....keep up the great work

Fixed the issue with the Quest Book now :)

#13 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 15:31

I use FSHelper. I try reboot

Disabled and rebooted firefox, still doesnt work

Suddently it work :P

And now it dont. FSHelper is still disabled

Try clearing cache and cookies, that helped me when my FSHelper stopped working for me.

In this latest update, we've implemented four improvements from the Development Roadmap!

Improve Auto-Fragmenting

We've added granular controls for determining if you would like to keep, fragment or discard items gained from creatures based on their rarity. Note that as this replaces the previous settings, we've make it the default to keep all items based on their rarity until you update it to your preference. You can see this new preference by clicking here.

For future fragment global quests, will this enable the "auto-opening" of fragment chest drops?

#14 Turby001

Turby001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 15:49

In my quest book "The Land Despoiled" quest is being displayed in my normal quest list - isn't this only accessible during springtime via Time Forest (Outer Grove) ?

#15 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 March 2014 - 16:03

Hoof, what is the new standards going to be for GvG? 

As for the current updates, nice job. 

#16 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 16:34

Many thanks for the hard work HCS.

Since the change in priorities was brought up... could we kill two birds with one stone and revisit FSHelper options being implemented?

I foresee yet another "problem" with the GvG update on the horizon due to this future update (poor Yuuz and poor HCS as yet another FSH option goes on the fritz).

In this specific case, there is an FSH option to see targets in other Guilds with them colored depending on whether they are PvP or GvG targets. In the best case scenario, I figure FSH would have to be reprogrammed to avoid false positives, while in the worst case scenario, the option "could" be in danger (like all FSH options) of ceasing to function altogether.

To FS players: If you know of an FS thread that has a vote on FSH options being implemented into the game, please pm me in game with the link and/or post here. You can reach me personally by clicking the pretty cool new "View Profile" update on the left (o0

Many thanks to HCS for continuing to improve the game and prosperous smacking to the FS Community! (o0

#17 Thargor

Thargor

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 17:01

300kb :)

Is the pixel size limit still the same?

#18 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 17:26

Many thanks for the hard work HCS.

Since the change in priorities was brought up... could we kill two birds with one stone and revisit FSHelper options being implemented?

I foresee yet another "problem" with the GvG update on the horizon due to this future update (poor Yuuz and poor HCS as yet another FSH option goes on the fritz).

In this specific case, there is an FSH option to see targets in other Guilds with them colored depending on whether they are PvP or GvG targets. In the best case scenario, I figure FSH would have to be reprogrammed to avoid false positives, while in the worst case scenario, the option "could" be in danger (like all FSH options) of ceasing to function altogether.

To FS players: If you know of an FS thread that has a vote on FSH options being implemented into the game, please pm me in game with the link and/or post here. You can reach me personally by clicking the pretty cool new "View Profile" update on the left (o0

Many thanks to HCS for continuing to improve the game and prosperous smacking to the FS Community! (o0

Does this option still work for you? It's not been working for me for a while. And most skilled gvg guilds know the target range rules. Noobs like me don't though. Is it +/- 50 or 100?

#19 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2014 - 17:26

Is the pixel size limit still the same?

Yeah - no plans to change that sorry.

#20 leefylee