25 replies to this topic

#21 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:23

And to be clear, I do not know if more/better loot will increase players running ascended stuff.  But that is an idea that might make tanks more willing to run it.  Who knows.  I'ts just an idea that is being suggested by OP, that I think might have merit.  No need to keep shutting down the ideas so rigidly.  It's up to devs whether to implement or not after all.  

And you're mistaken.  We aren't there for fabled,.. we are there to have fun.  This is a game after all.  Rewarding = fun.  It doesn't even have to be rewarding to have fun.  But there are more and more people geared for this, yet there aren't more and more runs for this.  Which means it's not "fun" for players atm.  

#22 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:42

And you're mistaken.  We aren't there for fabled,.. we are there to have fun.  This is a game after all.  Rewarding = fun.  It doesn't even have to be rewarding to have fun.  But there are more and more people geared for this, yet there aren't more and more runs for this.  Which means it's not "fun" for players atm.  

Exactly what i wanted to say :)

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#23 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 May 2014 - 13:06

I do agree with this thread to a extent,the loot does need to be increased a bit in value and maybe slightly in number. Only reason I feel this would be good is,when people are finishing their sets..they will have no reason to run it anymore,with a good increase people will willingly do it due to the profit of the runs.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#24 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 May 2014 - 13:07

Have you considered that many players just are not capable of completing the ascended dungeons without lots of wipes? That may be why it is hard to find groups. Ascended dungeons are not meant to be able to be completed by everyone, after all.

They are meant to be challenging end game content for players who work together well as a team etc.

The normal dungeons are the dungeons for the masses. Ascended was always planned as the challenging part of the game, at end game.

The underlying problem of what your experiencing I think..... is either one of two things:

1. Not enough players are able to complete the dungeons efficiently, so do not bother. < nothing wrong there, it is meant to be hard.

2. There are not enough players in the game, to form regular groups that can efficiently complete the dungeons. < This is a problem, players are missing out because of the lack of population. 

Increasing loot is dangerous. Sure it will encourage the players that wipe 10 times to complete the ascended dungeons as they lose less gold or even make profit, but it will also open up the ability of players who can complete them efficiently to farm the hell out of em and make huge fortunes.

I understand your frustrations guys, but increasing loot does not and will never fix the underlying problem of not enough players across time zones to form groups.  :(

That is only my opinion, there may be be other reasons why players are finding it hard to get groups. Lack of tank/healer for example, but anyone can fix that instantly for themselves and other players, by respeccing. That is what I did to get most of my 45 set and I had lots of fun doing it!

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#25 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 May 2014 - 13:32

And just so you know guys, loot increase would benefit me personally a huge amount. If they add more loot I will enjoy it.  :D

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#26 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 May 2014 - 13:35

Have you considered that many players just are not capable of completing the ascended dungeons without lots of wipes? That may be why it is hard to find groups. Ascended dungeons are not meant to be able to be completed by everyone, after all.

They are meant to be challenging end game content for players who work together well as a team etc.

The normal dungeons are the dungeons for the masses. Ascended was always planned as the challenging part of the game, at end game.

The underlying problem of what your experiencing I think..... is either one of two things:

1. Not enough players are able to complete the dungeons efficiently, so do not bother. < nothing wrong there, it is meant to be hard.

2. There are not enough players in the game, to form regular groups that can efficiently complete the dungeons. < This is a problem, players are missing out because of the lack of population. 

Increasing loot is dangerous. Sure it will encourage the players that wipe 10 times to complete the ascended dungeons as they lose less gold or even make profit, but it will also open up the ability of players who can complete them efficiently to farm the hell out of em and make huge fortunes.

I understand your frustrations guys, but increasing loot does not and will never fix the underlying problem of not enough players across time zones to form groups.  :(

That is only my opinion, there may be be other reasons why players are finding it hard to get groups. Lack of tank/healer for example, but anyone can fix that instantly for themselves and other players, by respeccing. That is what I did to get most of my 45 set and I had lots of fun doing it!

Very much Agreed with every point of this,which is what me and hussey were just discussing in game. I feel it needs to be raised slightly,but not a lot as then it becomes too profitable and too easily farmable. but to give the people having those challenges to little bit of extra incentive for completion isn't a bad thing.  I enjoy the difficulty of the ascended dungeons I don't want it to become a easy task to complete. it needs to require people to run and get wiped enough to understand what to do to succeed.

Edited by HuMoR, 12 May 2014 - 13:35.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: