• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 17:55

I do enjoy the clarity on a weeks notice 5 day business week vs 7 day actual week...  :P

As mentioned a third day would be nice for low stam/low level players. 

Double XP Weekend!

Implies it runs all weekend  :P

And for "Clarity", Sunday is part of the weekend... *cough* 3 Day XP Event *cough*

Think about it 72 hour event.. 72 hour offer.... I may have some Benji''s burning a hole in my pocket :D

But in seriousness thanks for the event, guess i cant be lazy and will have to hunt now...  :)

#42 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 19:46

Apologies about any confusion with the weeks notice, in hindsight it would probably have been better 7 days before  :(

What we can do however is make the event 72 hours instead of 48 :)

#43 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 June 2014 - 20:14

Thought We'd get 7 days advance notice. Now I won't reach max stam in time for the event. Kind of a bummer not to get the advance notice I was told. :/

Edit:

Apologies about any confusion with the weeks notice, in hindsight it would probably have been better 7 days before  :(

This will help. I like to be able to buff to help out guildmates with buffs as much as I can. An extra day might give me the window I need to get close to max stamina after qualifying for the global top 100.

Edited by Gutie, 10 June 2014 - 20:15.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#44 Tracy44187

Tracy44187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 June 2014 - 20:55

Hi there Everyone!

doublexpevent.png

This weekend, we will be running a Double XP event! This means that during the event, all creatures will give DOUBLE their normal xp.

The event will start on Friday at 4pm Server Time and will be running for 48 hours.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

Ok so 4 pm server time on Fallen Sword is that 12:00AM Eastern Standard Time?  I just want to make sure so I don't get it wrong and start hunting too early.  

One with the light that brightens the day of each individual so that he himself will have a good day.  

#45 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 21:04

Ok so 4 pm server time on Fallen Sword is that 12:00AM Eastern Standard Time?  I just want to make sure so I don't get it wrong and start hunting too early.  

That's correct.

#46 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 21:18

Edit,

Totally balls'd that up....hehe

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 10 June 2014 - 21:21.

#47 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 21:52

Will you update the News Page to make this official?

It would really suck for those who would start their hunt on Monday expecting the double xp event extension, only to be told that the supposed extra day was just a suggestion and not final.

#48 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 June 2014 - 23:56

The problem was how we were told we'd get a full weeks notice in the Global event thread, thus an announcement the week BEFORE the event not on the weekend preceding it.

That a number of people did a global event on the basis of cows implying it won't be close enough to matter was a bit of a hosing of those who wanted to help out with their stam to help the community get ruby, AND we got Ruby tier anyhow (thus what point in expending 25k stam when 4k wouldve done the trick).... We fell 700k kill short and got ruby anyhow, thus some wonder why we shouldve bothered and now will have to choose between helping others out with buffs less to get a bit more stam and losing out on their goals....

AGAIN.... this is just another example as to why HCS should consider bonus xp/gold weekends/events of 10-25% scattered throught the year like a lot of other MMOs do. These would be random and 2 day events with no advance notice. Just on a whim every 2-5 weeks. This will both help those who have lower upgrades and can't afford to drop donations like those such as myself can, as well as giving more reason to be actively playign the game. I think even running these randomly on say a Tuesday for 24 hours would be a nice way to keep people online and active to not miss out on content/events.

EDIT: Again just to clarify, not looking to whine, just clarify where some of us are coming from. I'd gladly put my stam for global events, and any other things of that nature, but I feel like some of us were a bit mislead here, or something was certainly implied that may not have been so. That's my only issue to be blunt is the timing not being what was viewed to be so, that announcement would be the Friday before so those of us who wanted to particiapte could plan ahead for it.

That aside, thanks for the XP event.... If I hadn't been so greatly looking foward to it I wouldn't be making a big deal out of this.

Edited by Gutie, 11 June 2014 - 00:09.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#49 Tarjuna

Tarjuna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:04

Thanks a lot, Hoof! I thought I won't be able to make it this weekend, but hey you've given us another chance to join this event!

#50 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:53

Jerry, per my memory there have been occasions when the XP event didn't start right on schedule, so before you jump in I would be sure there's a Message on the Home Page to confirm that it has begun.

Not sure posting a link is kosher, so just Google "Time Zone Converter" and very handy to figure one's local time compared to Server time which is Greenwich I believe - at least that matches with our Server time.  I just enter Greenwich on the search on these sites and it always seems to work out, then of course enter in the location that's the best fit for you and Voila'! 

#51 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:56

Had a couple members of my guild for whom the schedule was hard based on either their personal schedule or they had gone all out on the Global, so this time extension is really terrific.

Across the pond here this coincides with Father's Day celebrations and even without that sometimes folks are gone on the weekends or that is when they work, it would be great if these XP events could regularly be scheduled to be 3 days in duration, if 4, even better, but that may be asking for too much.  B) 

Glad you guys reconsidered this and made adjustments as I know many were really bummed out.

Edited by BraveKath, 11 June 2014 - 05:57.

#52 Marcus219

Marcus219

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:10

Cannt we get a schedule in advance at the start of a year, with all the events for the whole year on it?

Just kidding. Very happy with the event. A warning is not needed I think. If HCS is follow the dates of the past, everyone can figure out when an event could take place! As I did. So no warning needed for me HCS! And the event is 24 hours, why change that as people start to cry? Stick to your plan! 

Thanks for the event!!

Keep up the good work HCS!! :)

#53 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:46

No need to get announcement guys because its known they release 2x xp event every year in June... Just learn from the past ;)

#54 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:55

No need to get announcement guys because its known they release 2x xp event every year in June... Just learn from the past ;)

I agree and I have no idea why the event was extended it is pretty easy to plan to hunt in a 48 hour window, I have and I am away all weekend working and watching that small thing called the FIFA World Cup.

#55 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:43

I agree and I have no idea why the event was extended it is pretty easy to plan to hunt in a 48 hour window, I have and I am away all weekend working and watching that small thing called the FIFA World Cup.

Everyone knew the xp event would take place sometime between the 1st, 2nd or 3rd friday of June because each guild's chat has been lively on this topic, so there's no question about it. The problem is BG encouraged everyone to participate and burn stam in the last frag stash global event and even promised to announce the xp event one week in advance. He didn't specify whether it's a 7-day normal week or a 5-day work-week. He then gave the announcement with 4 days, 5 hours, and 26 minutes left on the clock (hence the uproar you see in some of the posts). Hoof suggested the 24-hour extension to somehow lessen the impact.

Whether this was done intentionally or not is not for me to decide. I don't want to dwell on it. I have this knack at always second-guessing people's intentions anyway, so I always try to prepare for the worst :).

#56 Tracy44187

Tracy44187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:59

Jerry, per my memory there have been occasions when the XP event didn't start right on schedule, so before you jump in I would be sure there's a Message on the Home Page to confirm that it has begun.

Not sure posting a link is kosher, so just Google "Time Zone Converter" and very handy to figure one's local time compared to Server time which is Greenwich I believe - at least that matches with our Server time.  I just enter Greenwich on the search on these sites and it always seems to work out, then of course enter in the location that's the best fit for you and Voila'! 

I found out it was after I looked at the server time and my computer's clock.  At 00:00 server time it is 8PM here so it would be midnight when it starts here.  

One with the light that brightens the day of each individual so that he himself will have a good day.  

#57 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:41

Jerry, check your AM & PM there... 4PM Server Time should be Noon Eastern.  Server is in GMT and with Daylight Savings Time in effect, Eastern is -4 GMT so you just have to subtract 4 hours from server time to get your time ;)

However, like BraveKath said, don't start hunting until the Home Page has the announcement.  I too have seen events start late.  Plus, there is almost always lag at the start of an event like this with everyone hitting the servers at once so it often pays to wait an hour or two for things to settle down some.  Just don't wait too long to buy your potions as the prices are sure to jump...

#58 Tracy44187

Tracy44187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 June 2014 - 15:04

Jerry, check your AM & PM there... 4PM Server Time should be Noon Eastern.  Server is in GMT and with Daylight Savings Time in effect, Eastern is -4 GMT so you just have to subtract 4 hours from server time to get your time  ;)

However, like BraveKath said, don't start hunting until the Home Page has the announcement.  I too have seen events start late.  Plus, there is almost always lag at the start of an event like this with everyone hitting the servers at once so it often pays to wait an hour or two for things to settle down some.  Just don't wait too long to buy your potions as the prices are sure to jump...

Ok thank you for some reason I was thinking 4AM instead of PM so I messed it up and I have already bought the items for my hunt cuz raise in demand means raise in prices basic concept when you know prices are going to go up so naturally buy before it does.  

Edited by JerryWFerguson, 11 June 2014 - 15:17.

#59 DemonGate

DemonGate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 17:53

72 hours will/would be great, i gotta work all weekend, 12 hour shifts, the extension will get me to do the event.

regardless, thanks for the event, even if i cant manage to make it!!!

#60 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 June 2014 - 21:23

Edit,

Totally balls'd that up....hehe

Cheers.

wil72

Bloody Scot. Stop tending to yer sheep and look at the rest of the field. Hehe.

DP
Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: