BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 July 2012 - 16:49

Hi all,

The following two creatures have been spotted in the Scavenging Caves!

Spidragon (Legendary)
Posted Image

No one is sure how this beast came to be. But this dragon has given up the gift of flight in favor of more legs and poisonous fangs. This foul beast has the brains of a Dragon mixed with the cruel weapons of a Spider. With twisted glee, it torments its victims for days, even weeks before finally devouring them.

Recommended Level : 475+

Recommended Gold : 23,000+

Gargantuan Phoenix (Legendary)
Posted Image

The Gargantuan Phoenix is usually a rarely seen Beast, prefering to stay away from Mortals. Recently, unknown, though presumably dark, forces have been forcing the great birds out of their lairs. At this injustice, the Phoenix have decided to lay waste to all mortals for their arrogance.

Recommended Level : 1230+

Recommended Gold : 37,000+

They will be available for the weekend!

Enjoy!

~ The Fallen Sword team.

#2 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 July 2012 - 16:50

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! 8)

#3 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 July 2012 - 16:54

Very nice. :wink:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#4 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2012 - 17:08

Shiny

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#5 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 17:09

well that killed my stock i been keeping since they first showed up lol so glad i seen it coming and sold off most my firebird stuff

#6 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 17:25

anyone know which cave which creature is in?

Also, thanks hcs for the event!

#7 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 July 2012 - 17:49

Was hoping for a global event. But this is cool too I guess. Firebird was due.

Thanks!

#8 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 00:33

Something new and different, or just updates to the game or even revisiting previous events is great. I would like to see something release like the global event. Scavenging is quite expensive unless you have endless gold to pour into the scavenging. If there is a better way to scavenge, I'd like to know. Last time I tried it, dumped a lot of gold in the amount recommended and all I came across were goblins -- a bunch of goblins -- for low level, common drops. :roll:

#9 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:09

Something new and different, or just updates to the game or even revisiting previous events is great. I would like to see something release like the global event. Scavenging is quite expensive unless you have endless gold to pour into the scavenging. If there is a better way to scavenge, I'd like to know. Last time I tried it, dumped a lot of gold in the amount recommended and all I came across were goblins -- a bunch of goblins -- for low level, common drops. :roll:

That seems to be what most of us experience - and it's not helped by the cows adding more and more monsters with "less-desirable" drops into the caves. All that does is make the "more desirable" drops harder to achieve.

In that sense, I suppose it's a bigger gold sink, but folk will stop doing it if the chances of profit (or even achieving parity) keep reducing ...

#10 Callithrix

Callithrix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 14:31

I had promissed to myself to not comment this but... "Spidragon"? Really?? lmao
Plus, this event is quite not movemented right now, ain't it? I might be missing something here though...

#11 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2012 - 14:34

7 million gold spent, saw spidragon 9 times total! Lots of junk drops though, waste of time. I advise unless you know the trick not to bother.

Edit: Spent another 3 million and saw him 2 more times! So in 434 scavenges Spidragon appeared a total of 11 times or every 39 searches. Am i the only one that sees how ridiculous this is?

#12 1daboss

1daboss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 July 2012 - 16:45

I was so excited at first, but then I read what you need to make the set and I lost my buzz. No scavenging this week for me.

#13 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 22:16

That seems to be what most of us experience - and it's not helped by the cows adding more and more monsters with "less-desirable" drops into the caves. All that does is make the "more desirable" drops harder to achieve.

In that sense, I suppose it's a bigger gold sink, but folk will stop doing it if the chances of profit (or even achieving parity) keep reducing ...

Thanks for weighing in on this. That's what I seem to hear about scavenging. I like to try different things in the FS world, but this seems to be a bit of a money pit.

#14 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2012 - 23:22

I haven't scavenged in such a long time, haven't been excited about a scavenging event for even longer. (since the time fatman first came out)

Scavenging is so horribly broken it's unreal. I never even tried to play it to make a profit, not even to break even really. I had no problem with paying a decent sum of gold to pay for my items, the problem is in the insanely low drop rates and the tons of garbage creatures that continously block your efforts, forcing you to spend millions upon millions. (if you wish to scavenge you own items)

They removed the player lotto and the bounty pot because of gambling regulations or some other nonsense, now scavenging, thats the biggest gambling con trick of them all, it's like a mixture of scratch cards infused with narcotics once you've spent a few million, ridiculous.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#15 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:09

its rare i even bother scavenging now i used to be one of the biggest in the game week in week out i didnt bat a eyelid dumping 2-3000 fsp worth of gold into the caves ,,there was a time you could profit but them days have long gone anyone who says they do is full of it or extremely lucky or cheat.. prices of the pots dropped so that killed ur little profit margin and with so much junk in the caves you end up throwing away u have little to no chance of breaking even

#16 Mgh2005

Mgh2005

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:39

O lets say this,i have been into this scavenging most times,yea it has changed in the last one year,scavenging would be way too better if they do it in appropriate manner,like do the le's in order for a month,

Example :

Writhing ward needs parts,some are hard to invent,

So they need to bring the LE's required(with 1 High lvl LE's or 2 for other items) into the caves for once in 2 weeks and then people would start scavenging and when they have secondary le which needs next item,then they make the full item in that month,

Secondary that LE and Item shouldnt be in caves for nest 1 year,

So 12 months = 24 Items (Epics,LE,etc..) thats divided into 8 for lower lvls,8 for medium levels and 8 for high lvls,

With this cycling,Randomly HCS can bring some LE's that drops mainly recipes/quest items into world.
Which will make a bit interesteing,
My ideas not sure if all would love such thing -.- :wink:

P.s. : suggestion to cows :
You guys brought this fire bird le and spidragon le into caves,would have been better to bring the SE(malphas the destroyer,Steep nojor,and other LE's into caves with low drop rate/Low encounter rate into caves to make it more fun).But not sure what other SE hunters would say :P

#17 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:56

You guys brought this fire bird le and spidragon le into caves,would have been better to bring the SE(malphas the destroyer,Steep nojor,and other LE's into caves with low drop rate/Low encounter rate into caves to make it more fun).But not sure what other SE hunters would say :P

Malphas and Steep are ALWAYS available for drops - Spidragon and the Phoenix aren't ... so, much more sensible to leave the SE's in the realms and the LE's in the caves ...

#18 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:51

Malphas and Steep are ALWAYS available for drops - Spidragon and the Phoenix aren't ... so, much more sensible to leave the SE's in the realms and the LE's in the caves ...

lol problem is hcs dumped theses two in the caves as ppl screamed a need for them there wasnt a need the items might been rare but there isnt that many ppl buying the sets now all you have is the same market but reversed now destroyer blades and helms have shoot up in price together with nojor armor and shield they was going for 1 fsp each b4 i know i used to buy em... and feathers have dropped in price .. same with spidragon except the potions have gone from 100-110 a piece to 150-200 and nojor gaunlets have increased too hcs will never get it right cause they dont listen to what players have said for years now they listen to the odd few who dont want to pay more then 5 fsp for a piece of gear or they check levels themselfs with no real understanding of how the market and the demand for things really are.. when they do find the right combo ie zombie brews brilliant idea high enough for great demand so everyone wants em they never repeat it or the brides set also a great idea and worked so well they tried it again with the santork/reindeer gear but the end sets where still so crap no one bothered make me a epic i have to trade 1000 le items for make take me a few months to get the le items but hell would soon clean out the ah of all the crap

#19 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:29

lol problem is hcs dumped theses two in the caves as ppl screamed a need for them there wasnt a need the items might been rare but there isnt that many ppl buying the sets now all you have is the same market but reversed now destroyer blades and helms have shoot up in price together with nojor armor and shield they was going for 1 fsp each b4 i know i used to buy em... and feathers have dropped in price .. same with spidragon except the potions have gone from 100-110 a piece to 150-200 and nojor gaunlets have increased too hcs will never get it right cause they dont listen to what players have said for years now they listen to the odd few who dont want to pay more then 5 fsp for a piece of gear or they check levels themselfs with no real understanding of how the market and the demand for things really are..

I disagree - certainly in the case of the Firebird set. When that initially came out there were very few players capable of fighting it on it's "own turf" so those that did cornered the market. Drops (from the phoenix anyways) were easy to achieve and vast profits were available for those select few if they had the capacity to store the items for the upcoming levellers.

I bought the Destroyer and Steep pieces quite recently when the prices were low in the hope that the Phoenix would reappear to enable me to make the set as I wasn't prepared to pay anything from 75-200 fsp per piece for what is, for me, an offline set.

Yes, prices for Steep and Destroyer drops have gone up again, but they're an on-going resource, not limited to once or twice a year appearances, so prices will go down again as the supply increases - just as the price of feathers has currently gone down.

#20 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:56

I wasn't prepared to pay anything from 75-200 fsp per piece for what is, for me, an offline set.

Have you seen the juicy enhancements it has?? MMmmm *drool* it has a lot of uses!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: