327 replies to this topic

#321 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:21

And from what I read, the top players arent even happy with the top tier prizes anyway..
Oh and another tip, the 3 special rewards, dont give to top 3 players, we generally know that your 'friends' will be the top 3 each time. Make it random 3 from top 100, give the rest a chance, and a reason to make an effort.

p.s. Not having a go at you big stam guys, love you all. Just not sure these events are organised, rewarded, calculated, interesting enough for the majority to want to participate. Top 3 is out of reach of probably 95%ish players, top 100 out of reach of 'a lot'% of players. No?

Its available for everyone to upgrade their max stam ... these players spent alot to upgrade it .. unless you prefer to make upgrading character pointless ;)

#322 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:45

Oh yay we've easily made it to the ruby tier again.

Although it is a rather hollow victory after SOO many whiners complained about the high target.
HCS, you know we now feel entitled to a ruby achievement on these global events, every time they are released right? Next time, just tell us to suck it up princesses and try harder if we start moaning, geeze...

+1 but more politely worded ;)

#323 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 14:25

Since this update, I have noticed that when equipping an item from a folder, I always get kicked back to page 1 of that folder. It is VERY, VERY, VERY annoying and time consuming, especially with the additional load currently being put on the servers. :x :x :x

Will ask Hoof about this!

Are you still looking to return this back to the "old" way where we stay on the folder page we are working from when equipping items?

#324 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 November 2012 - 14:26

In a word, yes.

#325 Ali

Ali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 18:44

I've kept my mouth shut throughout all this. Now that it's effectively over, I'm going to alienate a few people. Well, a few MORE people.

So some of you feel the original goal was too steep. Despite:

* potions introduced solely for the purpose of artificially inflating your kill count
* creatures that counted as more than one kill (to artificially increase your kill count!)
* a longer than usual event length

You whine. The Cows respond. As usual. The length of the event is increased even more, AND the goal for ruby tier is lowered...twice.

And so, of course the community makes its goal with time to spare. How could they not when the goal posts keep moving toward them by leaps and bounds?

Frankly, my Silver Global Participation badge, which I'll be getting after this event is over, is going to be worth a lot more to me than the potions, which although nice, will seem unearned after this event. Yes, I qualified for Ruby tier. But frankly, in my mind, the community did not. And are being rewarded as if they did anyway.

BigGrim and company, I know you walk a fine line sometimes. You have to at least appear to try to please everybody, even though it's patently impossible. And the most vocal segment of people in this forum frequently seem to be the "I want a win button" contingent. But as has been said so many times in this forum, Global Quests are not supposed to be about self-aggrandizement. They are supposed to be about community. The community should succeed or fail based upon how much effort they are willing and able to put into it. And if they on occasion fail, so be it - it will be that much more of a spur for working harder next time.

I would really like to see the next Global Quest be tightened up. Get a realistic estimate of the number of active players, and how much stam they can reasonably put into the event if they so choose. Set a goal commensurate with these figures. And STICK TO IT. Announce in advance that these goals are final, they will not be changed, and it is up to the community to succeed and fail based on the parameters you've given them.

You'll still get whiners, no doubt. But you'll restore some meaning into an event that has, quite frankly, become a farce.

#326 forhorsmn

forhorsmn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 16:00

So is the event over? No news update. No chests. No kill counter.
Posted Image

#327 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 November 2012 - 16:05

So is the event over? No news update. No chests. No kill counter.

The news will come shortly. The chests will be allocated then.

#328 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2012 - 16:13

Really enjoyed/am enjoying these events, the global was much better than the last one, with potion drops, and resources to invent, from creeps also counting towards our global kills! Had fun in my first Legendary Event too. Now I am hunting me some titans, great fun! :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: