BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 March 2013 - 17:48

Hi all,

The Mentors and Minions of Morbidstein have appeared in the Scavenging Cave.

Count Ragf Lokor (Legendary)
Posted Image

Count Ragf Lokor is an ancient friend of the Morbidstein Family, allying with them in battle over the centuries of his existence and keeping close (sometimes blood) ties with the twisted Morbidsteins. He currently amuses himself watching the good Doctor creating his monstrosities and supplies him with a steady flow of (drained) corpses for his evil experiments.

Recommended Level : 12+

Recommended Gold : 5,000+

Zaria the Vengeful (Legendary)
Posted Image

Zaria the Vengeful is a terrifying spirit who has been attacking all in her path in a bitter rage. Never-the-less she is a victim herself. Murdered by the evil Doctor Morbidstein wasn't bad enough. He went on to use her corpse in the creation of his masterpiece. His Bride. Will you help put Zaria to her eternal rest and end her suffering?

Recommended Level : 55+

Recommended Gold : 15,000+

Wolfman of Morbidstein (Legendary)
Posted Image

The Wolfmen of Morbidstein are one of the Doctors first truly successful creations. Combining the intellect of man with the cunning and senses of the wolf, he sends them out periodically to hunt for fresh material or artifacts that will further his nefarious schemes. The Wolfman is a truly fearsome foe, who attacks in a furious charge of rending talons and slavering jaws.

Recommended Level : 110+

Recommended Gold : 17,000+

Lustravia the Hedge Witch (Legendary)
Posted Image

Lustravia the Hedge Witch is centuries old and a master of natural magics and hexes. Lustravia taught the young Doctor Morbidstein about the uses of magical power and the distilling of vile potions, all of which he has bent to his will for his grandest creation. Lustravia cares not what he is up to, she simply sensed the raw power and malignant intelligence of the Doctor and decided to help him on his way. Her evil must not spread further!

Recommended Level : 193+

Recommended Gold : 17,00+

Thothmes the Wrathful (Legendary)
Posted Image

After learning all he could from the vile Lustravia, Morbidstein sought out the mighty Thothmes, a Mummy of frightening power. Thothmes saw the hunger for knowledge in the young twisted Doctor and taught him the use of Necromantic Energies and how to bind spirits to items and corpses. He does this as, being immortal, the Doctor could prove to be a useful ally or pawn in Thothmes assault on the disgusting living creatures & humans that infest his domain.

Recommended Level : 364+

Recommended Gold : 21,000+

The Bride of Morbidstein (Legendary)
Posted Image

The culmination of Doctor Morbidsteins evil pacts and experiments, the Bride is an unholy construct, created from many unfortunate victims (including the tragic Zaria). A mighty opponent, she stands as a testament to a misguided intellect of terrifying scale. She must be destroyed at all costs.

Recommended Level : 484+

Recommended Gold : 23,000+

These creatures will be available in the Scavenging Caves until 11:00 am (Server time) on Monday the 25th of March.

Enjoy!

~ The Fallen Sword team.

#2 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 17:54

lol by time you scavenge pieces needed would been cheaper to buy the set direct from ah

#3 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 March 2013 - 17:55

And yet these creatures were requested.

#4 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 17:58

I'm sure Thothmes will get some gold spent on it

#5 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 17:59

Being honest, people request things out of ignorance. They ask for things without having any idea of the real cost involved.

#6 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 March 2013 - 17:59

There are some people who will be stoked to see this, I'm sure. Not me as I've sworn off scavenging for life.

But thanks for the cave critters. :)

#7 Teuchter

Teuchter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 18:00

maybe requested , but do they have to be in the caves ,it just screws the market up for all the potions etc that are gained also , , it would have been far more beneficial to have a separate cave if you must do that instead of releasing them into the realms ..

#8 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 18:03

grim the odd person requests them, most of the time ppl want them because a bride set is about 150 fsp ff so that seems alot but takes 15 items to make the brides set its why it was always a good realm event ..it got rid of so many items in one go.

plus pharoah linens are used to invent so there soaked up fast leaving the rest of the items at 1 fsp plus

but hey anything to bring the mp down any news on composing

#9 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 March 2013 - 18:07

maybe requested , but do they have to be in the caves ,it just screws the market up for all the potions etc that are gained also , , it would have been far more beneficial to have a separate cave if you must do that instead of releasing them into the realms ..

screws up the market place ????? how.?
it lowers the price of market, making it cheaper to trade gold to fsp, thus helping out the lower levels who have less gold to trade with...

as for the event itself, i dont do caves... fingers burnt too many times :(

#10 Teuchter

Teuchter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 18:28

I was referring to the Potions dropped when scavenging , the AH is flooded with them already, we do not need more ,

#11 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 19:28

Make your magic roar on the freaky witch so the typo just disappears cow :o :wink:

Edit: Or else it would probably not act so good as an army of mentors xD

eqnq15.png                  

#12 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 20:31

Being honest, people request things out of ignorance. They ask for things without having any idea of the real cost involved.

Exactly .. they ask for some items they looking for so they don't pay about 10 fsp for each piece :|
I think LE spawns in caves should be connected to prices in Auction house... if it was overpriced then it should spawn in caves..etc

Anyway the game needs composing feature asap

#13 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 22:31

Agree with WeeRapll.

Quite discouraged and bored to see yet another cave event. I read your msg, BigGrim, that it was requested, but it doesn't mean that it's good business for the overall health of the game. The majority of players are over L300 and when I started playing the lowest price I used to see on gold was 180K/FSP, now it's dipping down into the 140K and even lower at times and the price has not had time to rise. The world economic system works here too. When a country's currency has a high value, the country is healthy and when it doesn't you have situations like Cyprus and many other countries that can't make it. Low gold to FSP = unhealthy FS. When the marketplace hovers about 190-210K, I see a lot more activity amongst my allies, my guild and in the game as a whole, as players can afford to buy gold auctions, afford to play arena, afford to scavenge, etc, etc.

Also it's the same old thing -- yet another Cave event.

* What about the Story event? We've not had one of those in over a year, possibly close to 2 years.
* What about Quango? I think it's been at least 1.5 years since we've seen that.
* What about the long EPIC quest and additional chapters, though I know HCS is busy with Elverdin (spelling? - sorry), so right at this moment time may be limited for getting this out and that's fine; however, Story and Quango are already in the system and just need to be turned on, so to speak.

When the price of gold is so low, I don't want to play as much, and I know many others feel the same way:
* As then it's too expensive to Forge gear.
* And it's too expensive to play arena.
* It's almost worthless to craft potions because the gold/fsp ratio and the glut of potions due to all the scavenging means that there's a lot of effort and FSP spent on buffs/potions to invent and little return.

Truly sorry to not be enthusiastic. I know it's hard when you're trying to please customers, but pandering to a few who can't understand the bigger affect on the game, or simply do not care is not the way to go.

This event doesn't serve the goal of player retention, especially when only a small segment of FS are Scavengers. There needs to be more events and game changes that appeal to a greater audience.

Sincerely and Respectfully, Kath

#14 Werd64

Werd64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 00:04

Quite discouraged and bored to see yet another cave event. I read your msg, BigGrim, that it was requested, but it doesn't mean that it's good business for the overall health of the game. The majority of players are over L300 and when I started playing the lowest price I used to see on gold was 180K/FSP, now it's dipping down into the 140K and even lower at times and the price has not had time to rise. The world economic system works here too. When a country's currency has a high value, the country is healthy and when it doesn't you have situations like Cyprus and many other countries that can't make it. Low gold to FSP = unhealthy FS. When the marketplace hovers about 190-210K, I see a lot more activity amongst my allies, my guild and in the game as a whole, as players can afford to buy gold auctions, afford to play arena, afford to scavenge, etc, etc.

really, Marketplace is low? ever since the introduction of gold upgrades I've seen the marketplace empty several times (not lasting more than a few seconds), that includes people who have listing for under 100k/FSP. I myself buy FSP at 100k each off the marketplace. If EVERYONE was patient enough the marketplace could easily rest between 110k-130k

2qvub8W.png

#15 gaa

gaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:56

wow people complaining about fsps being too cheap in the market place when i started fsps were like 20k standard even cheaper in bulk lol so calm your horses and let them do what they do :)

#16 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:01

Wait, weren't people complaining that the MP was too high???? Now, that it dropped, people are complaining it's too low????? :?:

#17 arealus

arealus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:24

drop rate is like none this one has made up mind not to hunt caves ,and a little offf topic market place is way to low espc when you and couple other (mainly1) try to keep up up keep hcs plzs adjust upkeep to market rate :))) plzs :)

#18 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:48

wow people complaining about fsps being too cheap in the market place when i started fsps were like 20k standard even cheaper in bulk lol so calm your horses and let them do what they do :)

And that was before there was Scavenging, Arena and many other aspects of the game. Just because 20K was how it was during the horse and buggy days, doesn't mean it was good.

I actually care that people play the game and doing the same thing over and over, as in yet another cave event, is repetitious and boring and that serves no one.

#19 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:52

yeah and when you started everyone could get hundreds of fsp per week for free, couple with that the game was new and no one was of any level to need the upgrades we have now

#20 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 14:52

The thing is, with all the drop rates so low, it isn't even worth going scavenging this weekend, regardless of the fact that thothmes is in the caves again and we can make gnarled scarab epics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: