41 replies to this topic

#41 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:40

I am replying to this thread simply to post this point.

The Morbidstein sequence was awesome. (Anyone who has read my posts over time will have noticed I am a Dr Morbidstein fan, and I believe he LIVES!!)

Bring back Dr Morbidstein. There is no way he died in a lab coat - that was his brilliant synthesis of muscle and magic - a homunculus, a simulacrum, a doppleganger - call it what you will - he duped the heroes of the realms into thinking him dead... so he could continue with his experiments, and now, so long secluded and uninterrupted - he is ready to unleash the products of his genius upon the world...

A Morbidstein global with new monsters to face, maybe new legendaries - but not the man himself - no! Too clever for that he floods the realms with his undead and automata, seeking to control... what? Certain ancient portals to stop inter-realm transport? Relics of massive power that if his hordes can overrun will grant him power to rival that of his new Master - the Shadowlord? If our heroes defeat the flood of enemies maybe we will discover clues to his secret redoubt, a new and shadow filled realm perhaps like quango and storybook, only available to us when time and tide permit... Or part of a new epic quest sequence... I'm not fussy!

In short... these old monsters rock, and their being part of a story arc made them favourites for many players. Dr Morbidstein was their fulcrum. Having him die at 480-490 whenever it was is just so.... unsatisfying. Morbidstein could be a new quest, new world areas, new globals as above, and I am sure I am not the only fan who would like him to come back. Maybe with Xinderoth as his partner.... LOL!

BRING BACK Dr MORBIDSTEIN!!

Does anyone else but me like this idea? This thread is just "give us another cave?"

Ok another cave would be cool.

No thumbs up for poor neglected Dr Morbidstein??

Yeah, I quoted myself. I am aware of the sadditude. Poke fun at will.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#42 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:53

I think he means Frost Dragon (Legendary)

Ah. That helps, thanks.

That Elite better NOT appear in the caves - he needs to come back in the realm along with the quest tied to him.

I reckon we'll see the return of the story Book Forest soon enough. Quango Island is on the go now though.

No thumbs up for poor neglected Dr Morbidstein??

It always amazes me when one of our characters grabs people like this. I admit, it was fun building an LE story based on Morbidstein. Never really considered much else with him. Maybe that'll change! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: