• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 NoddingFrog

NoddingFrog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:22

@uglymug just buy the platinum to re-roll with credits, it'd still create a credit sink.

#22 uglymug

uglymug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 13:05

@uglymug just buy the platinum to re-roll with credits, it'd still create a credit sink.

Yes, I know you can do that. I addresseds it in my previous post. Sure you can just buy it with credits off people who bought it with real money.

It just adds another part of the game where people who buy it spend a set amount instead of a variable amount. If the demand was high enough, 100p may end up being sold for 1000c (which probaly won't happen, but something like it may occur). It's a problem when the people who are willing to pay with real money get a large advantage with respect to the actual game play (in this case: better rolled items). Where credits will end up being a fraction of the worth of platinum compared to credits and platinum being used for core gameplay elements it does end up being a problem.

#23 Nemesis

Nemesis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:27

What Aaron says sums up my thoughts nicely, the quality system with the re-crafting can still remain but just like our current item situation it will have everybody with the same scythe before long.

Green crystals add health

Fire crystals add damage

Pink Crystals add Weap skill

Water adds Def Skill

New crystals can be added to cover acc, dodge and even crit chances.

This idea isa  very solid one especially when it doesn't involve credits directly, you'd still need credits to hunt but you can only hunt so much every day due to the amount of energy you are granted every hour. The weapon/gear level will deterine the amount of slots available for adding crystals into and unlocking these slots can cost credits, a new form of currency and platinum. The slot still needs to be earned but those willing to spend money have the option to do so in order to unlock the slot.

Note that this doesn't exclude the quality system, this can go hand in hand with that. recrafting could even remove all the upgrades making recrafting more of a gamble, in addition to that there could be a superior re-craft that doesn't destroy the crystals you've put on a piece of gear, it would just put them in your inventory.

The crystal idea has so much potential both depth-wise and money-wise it would be a shame if you guys ignored it.

Indeed, I also prefer Aaron's idea with the crystal upgrades. It would be nicer if instead of it being randomize, you can custom build(upgrade) the weapon that you like. In that way there would be a lot more variety.

#24 CroFighter

CroFighter

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Croatia

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:05

i definitely support Aaron's idea. :)
and i can't wait to see this new npc's with the new npc boss and new drop's :D

ohh and why not make those new drop's even stronger than a scythe? it would be good to change a bit the dinamic of the game.. at least i think so :)

28b79k6.gif

#25 NoddingFrog

NoddingFrog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 13:55

To be fair the idea came KevMan orignially but has since been changed and reposted many times. Below is a post I made today in the suggestion frum that sums up why the crystal upgrade idea is the best idea yet.

I hope you will consider this, Zorg,  as it is an idea with a considerable amount of potential. Being able to personalise your weaponry and armour stat-wise through the use of crystals being combined and forged into unlockable upgrade slots is what this game needs. It's an idea that will bring actual variation between people's gear set up, and it enables people to make their own choices. They're not dependent on what stats are assigned to newly designed items because the Crystal Upgrades enable one person to have a damage boost while the second person goes for a more balanced over-all boost, and a third person might go for a health boost.

The combinations are quite numerous considering the amount of crystals already present in the game. Not to mention the simple implementation of more crystals.

Let's say 1 weapon can have a maximum of 4 slots, each slot can hold a crystal that is either pure or a mixture of different colours. To add another fun factor in let's say the amount of times a crystal can be fused with another crystal is equal to the amount of upgrade slots the weapon has forged onto it. With all 4 slots open each slot can hold a crystal that has been fused 4 times. That will result in the following numbers:

((4*4)*4)*((4*4)*4)*((4*4)*4)*((4*4)*4)=16777216 combinations

With 5 different weapons currently in the game we'd have 83886080 different combinations.(100663296 including Titan Armour)
Instead of designing new weapons and giving them stats we'd be able to design our own weapons stat-wise.

The slots can be forged onto gear by means of Weapon Experience, once a weapon has made enough hits or kills it can gain levels, when a certain level is reach a slot can be forged onto it. The forging can cost credits, energy, platinum etc. I prefer a combinations of energy with credits or platinum, the latter being interchangeable depending on the player's willingness to buy platinum. (No this does not give people an advantage as we still need to earn the Weapon Exp. to unlock the slots)

The same can be done for fusing the crystals, gain Fusing experience by attempting to fuse crystals together in the "Astral Forge" outcomes can range from poor to perfect depending on your Fusing level.

Boosts can be purchased to slightly increase the Weapon Exp. earned and slightly increase Fusing Exp. earned.

Edited by Musashi, 27 October 2013 - 13:56.

• Ayo likes this

#26 Jaxel

Jaxel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:19

I would indeed say that having weapons allowed to be upgraded by crystals and adding crystal-fusion to upgrade said crystals would be an awesome way to implement alrdy existing aspects of the game more in to the everyday gameplay which would be awesome imo :)

Having the reroll system seems like a bad choice since it seems like more of a broad daylight-robbery of unlucky people, seeing as those who are onlucky might have to spend tens of thousands of plats to get the perfect weapons while others only spend 500 plat getting all their gear perfect..

Instead i think crystal fusion and crafting should be bought with plat only, as to hopefully make plat a little more wanted and needed currency, it seems insane to me as it is right now with plats being actually less worth than creds..

icon_salut.gif

#27 uglymug

uglymug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:39

Any word on the updates? It's been awhile...

Some communication can't be that difficult.

#28 Kuma

Kuma

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 17:35

Any word on the updates? It's been awhile...

Some communication can't be that difficult.

Yeeeahh..

#29 smokey11

smokey11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 25 November 2013 - 17:33

There was a post, he plans on working on it over X-mas break lol :rolleyes:

Edited by smokey11, 29 November 2013 - 18:05.

16jk5ts.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: