#1 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:21

NOTE - the suggestions below are cut/pasted from ULTIDOPEs bio - WITH his permission :)

Fallensword Re-Construction:

Recruiting:

The cow's themself don't advertise fallensword as much as they should, But when us player's do, it's usually to gain our Recruiting Medal's, We care little if our recruit stays in the game or not, Because the benefit's(Reward) we're getting from recruiting is a joke, Not much players have use for the fsp we'll be rewarded with on the http://fallensword.c... ... d=referral, i think if we are gaining enough FSP from recruiting, Players would try their best to help out new players to stay in the game, Because at the end of the day we want to be paid fair for our hard work, Check below for what the Recruit page reward should look like.

Recruit reaches level 25: 25FSP
Recruit reaches level 50: 50FSP
Recruit reaches level 75: 75FSP
Recruit reaches level 100: 100FSP
Recruit reaches level 150: 150FSP

GvG:
The item's on the Guild Reputation page, Deflate in price year's ago, When i just started the game GvG use to be one of the most active aspect of the game, Until the value of the item's got deflated many players quit, i think the RP needed to buy the current rewards right now should be lower, Our hard work deserve more than what we're being rewarded with, The cow's need to replace them or add more item's.

New player's:
New player's like to level, But with the amount of stamina they're gaining hourly, They often tend to logoff after each hunt, Until the next day maybe, Stamina gain per Hour should be increase, it would not just help new players but leveler's who wouldn't use their stamina on any other aspect of the game, Because they don't feel like waiting weeks to be maxed out on stamina again, if we was gaining more stamina per hour, More player's would titan hunt and participate in other aspect of the game, Because they know it wouldn't be a pain the the arse to gain back the stam they've used

Also make some kind of reward come with each medal, So player's can go after them more.

/END of Cut / Paste

#2 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:36

Now, I'd like to reply to those suggestions ..

Recruiting:

The cow's themself don't advertise fallensword as much as they should, But when us player's do, it's usually to gain our Recruiting Medal's, We care little if our recruit stays in the game or not, Because the benefit's(Reward) we're getting from recruiting is a joke, Not much players have use for the fsp we'll be rewarded with on the http://fallensword.c... ... d=referral, i think if we are gaining enough FSP from recruiting, Players would try their best to help out new players to stay in the game, Because at the end of the day we want to be paid fair for our hard work, Check below for what the Recruit page reward should look like.

Recruit reaches level 25: 25FSP
Recruit reaches level 50: 50FSP
Recruit reaches level 75: 75FSP
Recruit reaches level 100: 100FSP
Recruit reaches level 150: 150FSP

Increasing the rewards for recruiting, in the form of FSP's at least, will just lead to a flood of multis again. It's simplicity itself to level up a character these days and, the thought of 400 free fsps will tempt many into venturing over to the dark side. However, do the "rewards" need tweaking ? - perhaps. 53 FSP for getting a recruit to Level 150 is nice but maybe change it to something a little bit more beneficial. I'm not exactly sure what, but just something other than "here's 2 fsp for your recruit having achieved Level 25" and "here's another 6 because they've got to Level 50" might tempt folk to try harder.

I know we should be recruiting to the game in order to ensure its continuity rather than for fiscal rewards, but, hey, we know that won't float for most people. So, let's mix up the rewards a little, nothing game-breaking, but make it more "personal", more "interesting". Heck, even an option to personalise a piece of equipment (not changing the stats, just the appearance) might be incentive enough.

GvG:
The item's on the Guild Reputation page, Deflate in price year's ago, When i just started the game GvG use to be one of the most active aspect of the game, Until the value of the item's got deflated many players quit, i think the RP needed to buy the current rewards right now should be lower, Our hard work deserve more than what we're being rewarded with, The cow's need to replace them or add more item's.

Everything devalues when supply increases - simple economics. I don't agree that the RP cost of them should be lowered - after all, the stamina used to get the RP (for combat at least) is free.

New player's:
New player's like to level, But with the amount of stamina they're gaining hourly, They often tend to logoff after each hunt, Until the next day maybe, Stamina gain per Hour should be increase, it would not just help new players but leveler's who wouldn't use their stamina on any other aspect of the game, Because they don't feel like waiting weeks to be maxed out on stamina again, if we was gaining more stamina per hour, More player's would titan hunt and participate in other aspect of the game, Because they know it wouldn't be a pain the the arse to gain back the stam they've used

I think this is being addressed by the epic quest that the cows are working on, both as far as regen and initial stamina. By how much, we'll have to wait and see, but yes, I agree that new players should be able to have sufficient stamina so that they will "only" refill once/day. At 50/hr, that should be 1200 initial starting stamina rather than 500 with, I think it is, 2K as reserve ?

Also make some kind of reward come with each medal, So player's can go after them more.

That, I have to say, I disagree with. Getting the medal is reward in itself - especially as some of them require NO effort to get, other than logging in.
/END of Cut / Paste

#3 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 19:24

I think about recruiting quite a bit.

I agree the FSPs are minimal and not exactly an incentive. Also, that they SHOULD NOT be. Avoid more multis.

Here's some ideas:

Loyalty Points instead of FSPs... something like 50 for every 25 levels up to level 200. Nothing overpowering but could be a Dbl1200 for a player that doesn't usually donate on their next hunt.

TEMPORARY stamina gain boost... something like +2 gain for 28 days (in profile for all to see!) if the recruit reaches 100 or 200 or something along those lines.

Global recognition... basically something on the home page just commending the player for being a good recruiter. No extra payout than some kudos (kinda like Cow-sponsored FSBox shoutout)

Something like RP buff packs on individuals... enjoy 28 days of your choice, leveling packs or PvP packs for recruiting x number of players to the game that reached y level! Woot. 8)

#4 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2012 - 21:46

Loyalty Points instead of FSPs... something like 50 for every 25 levels up to level 200. Nothing overpowering but could be a Dbl1200 for a player that doesn't usually donate on their next hunt.

How about we look at giving Allegiance Tokens in addition to the current Fallen Sword Points for your recruits levelling up?

TEMPORARY stamina gain boost... something like +2 gain for 28 days (in profile for all to see!) if the recruit reaches 100 or 200 or something along those lines.

It could give a bound potion that does this - basically a really long buff.

Global recognition... basically something on the home page just commending the player for being a good recruiter. No extra payout than some kudos (kinda like Cow-sponsored FSBox shoutout)

Good idea :)

Something like RP buff packs on individuals... enjoy 28 days of your choice, leveling packs or PvP packs for recruiting x number of players to the game that reached y level! Woot. 8)

Again, I think a bound potion would work for this too (multi-buff potion). What sort of buffs where you thinking of?

#5 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 June 2012 - 21:47

I think about recruiting quite a bit.

I agree the FSPs are minimal and not exactly an incentive. Also, that they SHOULD NOT be. Avoid more multis.

Here's some ideas:

I like the loyalty point, temp stam gain and global recognition suggestions, but 28 day free duration buffs ? - i think that would be bad for the game - unless it was capped at L175 buffs that is.

#6 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2012 - 21:48

New player's:

I think this is being addressed by the epic quest that the cows are working on, both as far as regen and initial stamina. By how much, we'll have to wait and see, but yes, I agree that new players should be able to have sufficient stamina so that they will "only" refill once/day. At 50/hr, that should be 1200 initial starting stamina rather than 500 with, I think it is, 2K as reserve ?

We'll be giving both Stamina Gain and Current Stamina as rewards in the new Epic Quest :)

#7 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 June 2012 - 22:36

New player's:

We'll be giving both Stamina Gain and Current Stamina as rewards in the new Epic Quest :)

Hoof, as potential rewards, maybe this is something you want to look into - I know it's simple enough to have your server do image processing and modify colors of an image based on what a user says. So, for example ... how about a "paint" item that could be used on certain types of items (epics, for example. Or maybe a certain item reward from a quest?). This could modify the colors of the object, and the item would then become untradeable until the paint is wiped from it. The resulting changes would be purely cosmetic (with the original stats still being maintained) but it should add a level of customization that many graphics nerds would love to see :).

For example ...

You have an item 'Bucket of Paint' which you get as a drop from {insert creature/quest name here}. This item would be untradeable (meaning you have to go get it yourself) and using it on items could open up a menu which allows you to change hue/saturation, brightness/contrast, etc. To limit server space, you could add a maximum of 9 customized items that a player can hold at any time (a full equip set, iirc). You could make it so that once the Bucket of Paint is used on an item, you are able to edit the colors, but once wiped off with ('Cloth', maybe?) it disappears and you must get a new one. And ofc, it goes away if the item is destroyed.

#8 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 June 2012 - 22:39

Hoof, as potential rewards, maybe this is something you want to look into - I know it's simple enough to have your server do image processing and modify colors of an image based on what a user says. So, for example ... how about a "paint" item that could be used on certain types of items (epics, for example. Or maybe a certain item reward from a quest?). This could modify the colors of the object, and the item would then become untradeable until the paint is wiped from it. The resulting changes would be purely cosmetic (with the original stats still being maintained) but it should add a level of customization that many graphics nerds would love to see :).

Thought I'd suggested that earlier ? ;) (along with others in the past)

Heck, even an option to personalise a piece of equipment (not changing the stats, just the appearance) might be incentive enough.

#9 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2012 - 22:54

Will there be any max stamina rewards? I think it was discussed that max stam would be rewarded so new players (after completing the epic quest) would have a max stam that would fill up in 24 hours?

#10 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2012 - 23:00

Will there be any max stamina rewards? I think it was discussed that max stam would be rewarded so new players (after completing the epic quest) would have a max stam that would fill up in 24 hours?

There will be Max Stamina rewards too :)

#11 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:11

Every friend that I got to start playing this game has quit, 2 family members also tried and quit.
Recruiting to me is and never should be about its rewards or medals they are incidental.

Giving them priority would be foolish and open up the game to even more abuse .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: