Photo

Titan Hunting Changes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
552 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think this update will give more guilds a chance to participate in Titan Hunting? (331 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this update will give more guilds a chance to participate in Titan Hunting?

1. Voted Yes (268 votes [80.97%])

Percentage of vote: 80.97%

2. Voted No (63 votes [19.03%])

Percentage of vote: 19.03%

Vote

#1 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:10

In this latest update, we have implemented the following changes to Titan Hunting.

First, if a Guild places first against a Titan, they will not be able to hunt that particular Titan again for seven days. This change is to ensure all guilds have an opportunity to secure a Titan win. We feel this is particularly important with new and seasonal Titans.

Second, we have added code to help prevent scripted movement, thereby stopping players from moving around the maps faster than is intended. Note this will only occur on maps with an active Titan.

Additionally, if using the Classic Map, a Titan will not display on the New Map system. This prevents a 'work around' tactic some players were using to circumvent the recent changes, preventing Titans from appearing on the Classic Map.

Finally, we have a possible future update we'd like to discuss. We have seen a lot of feedback saying that clicking and refreshing the Titan button on the Action List is fairly time consuming. We are considering allowing the Titan button to auto refresh. The downside to this would be that you would not be able to review the combat against the beast.

We hope you like these changes and look forward to your constructive feedback.

*Edit*

With these changes, we feel we'll be able to introduce new Titans to the game. THIS thread is where we'd like you to post, letting us know what new Titans you might like to see!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:12

7 day cool down feature is best part of this update... Though all if it is good things.

I would however want more information on the auto refresh on the action list. I don't know a lot about coding but could that be exploited by some into some type if automation?

#3 Revitalize

Revitalize

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:13

7 day cool down feature is best part of this update

i completely agree. FFS has been farming epics off most of these titans and we (the rest of FS that plays fairly) need a crack at these epics. i bet the market will even drop some but thats just my opinion.

#4 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:13

if a guild secures the item then they should not beable to hunt it for 3-4 days.. personaly, 7 isnt very fair for that guild.

#5 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:16

First, if a Guild places first against a Titan, they will not be able to hunt that particular Titan again for seven days. This change is to ensure all guilds have an opportunity to secure a Titan win. We feel this is particularly important with new and seasonal Titans.

So, if I am asleep or offline for a bit and the guild secures a titan, I am then unable to participate in titan hunting (for that titan) for SEVEN DAYS.

This goes against everything you have always stated about making all aspects of the game available to everyone.

Please add the following -
Any player who won an arena item cannot enter that type of arena for seven days
Any player who won the ladder band cannot opt in for seven days
etc

#6 sttawnaes

sttawnaes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:19

This is nice and all but I don't believe a first place "non secure" should qualify for this rule...

Only "secured" 1st place should get the 7 day ban...

Also, I think this is lame. I worked on my titan team for a good 6-8 months. Recruiting, teaching, etc.... and now to log on to know that i can only hunt 1 titan every 7 days... I guess that's what it is.....

#7 juggeranut

juggeranut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:19

Does this mean if they place first or if they secure the titan?

#8 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:20

If they are placed first (ie. they are the top contributor)

#9 jklundt

jklundt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:20

I think the days allowed to hunt a Titan after a secure is way to much. 48 hours is plenty IMO. I'd like to add with the 7 days downtime it will only decrease the lag on the game cause many will walk away from the game if this stays implemented

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:21

if a guild secures the item then they should not beable to hunt it for 3-4 days.. personaly, 7 isnt very fair for that guild.

Seven is a good number. The chances of the titan spawning more than once ot twice is reasonable during this time and allows other Guilds to have a shot at them.

This goes against everything you have always stated about making all aspects of the game available to everyone.

What we have always said about Titan Hunting is that is a Guild activity. Thus, yes, if your Guild places first, the Guild cannot attack it for seven days. This will allow many more Guilds to try Titan Hunting.

#11 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:21

A guild member just mentioned something to me... so say 5 players get together, they can hunt titan, place first, then just keep creating new guilds to hunt it everytime... will this be abusable? Worth thinking about.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#12 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:22

This is nice and all but I don't believe a first place "non secure" should qualify for this rule...

Also, I think this is lame. I worked on my titan team for a good 6-8 months. Recruiting, teaching, etc.... and now to log on to know that i can only hunt 1 titan every 7 days... I guess that's what it is.....

It's only that specific titan for the 7 days - if a different titan spawns that your guild was not the top contributor on within the last 7 days, you can still hunt it :)

#13 juggeranut

juggeranut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:23

If they are placed first (ie. they are the top contributor)

Even if they don't secure? TKP and a secure drop are totally 2 different things.

#14 Kinkaid

Kinkaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:23

While I could understand a down time for a secure, a first place could be achieved with only one or two people if not many are currently hunting the titan and that would ruin that titan for a week for the rest of the guild. If there is 2 main guilds hunting it could be a close first/second place neither getting a secure, and possible not enough tkp to purchase the item. This will make all epics from titans more rare and drive the price way up, making it even harder for people to purchase them if they are not part of a guild that has titan hunters.

#15 juggeranut

juggeranut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:24

What we have always said about Titan Hunting is that is a Guild activity. Thus, yes, if your Guild places first, the Guild cannot attack it for seven days. This will allow many more Guilds to try Titan Hunting.

You'll be seeing a nice influx of temporary guilds in the future.

#16 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:24

I think the days allowed to hunt a Titan after a secure is way to much. 48 hours is plenty IMO. I'd like to add with the 7 days downtime it will only decrease the lag on the game cause many will walk away from the game if this stays implemented

Agreed. Maybe even 72 hours... but 7 days?

All the other updates were the last thing we needed to make titan hunting fair, but 7 days seems like a punishment for having a titan team organized

#17 sttawnaes

sttawnaes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:25

It's only that specific titan for the 7 days - if a different titan spawns that your guild was not the top contributor on within the last 7 days, you can still hunt it :)

I understand that and was probably bad typing on my part... but i have 20-25 titan hunters in my guild and will put a crunch on all of them that like to do their favorite thing in this whole game.... Making them not be able to hunt certain titans is going to make them not want to log in.... you are already having a problem with inactivity. why mess with it anymore?

#18 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:26

You'll be seeing a nice influx of temporary guilds in the future.

If this becomes an issue, we'll add another requirement (either the guild must have been established for 'x' days or have reached a certain level).

#19 Kinkaid

Kinkaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:26

If i was a level 100 player still, That would eliminate me from all titan hunting for a week if some of my guild mates were on when i was not and placed first.

#20 jklundt

jklundt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 15:27

I'd agree with 72 hours. I'm not sure if the cows got input on this but if they did it was skewed. I don't hunt titans that much but I would lean on calling the downtime ludacris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: