132 replies to this topic

#21 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 16:52

Of course and we appreciate it :)

I'd hope it would allow people to play more as they could essentially have two characters (one on each world), but we'll give it some thought first for sure :)

Im a businessman, or at least thats what everyone around is calling me these days. I work full time in IT, then I also Fix&Sell Cars on the side with a Mechanic and moreover I created a branch business model where I also trade on Ebay and make some extra 1-2k a month. Im also going to a private university that I visit after work on friday and saturday each week.

Now I also enjoy playing Fallensword which is the only game that I may find time to play for to relax and occasionally trash talk on.

If there was another server where I would have to invest my time in to drown it to build up another character. Well I must say I would not do it, I may even feel more inclined to completely stop playing because my ingame contacts would have moved on to another "server" and the server I would be in were too empty and void of all the people that are currently around.

#22 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 16:54

it's a while away and needs some thought on our side :)

I'd say. Sorry to burst your bubble Hoof. What I would like to see, and I thought was already under development(oops), is the app strictly allow current characters to be played through simply another platform. The two character thing confuses everyone already. I would very much prefer to see development done to the game itself, like fixing the Ladder(not the BB) and other new aspects. make the game fun and new again and there will infallibly be strong player interest and participation, ie make a good game and they will come!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#23 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2017 - 16:58

I'd say. Sorry to burst your bubble Hoof. What I would like to see, and I thought was already under development(oops), is the app strictly allow current characters to be played through simply another platform. The two character thing confuses everyone already. I would very much prefer to see development done to the game itself, like fixing the Ladder(not the BB) and other new aspects. make the game fun and new again and there will infallibly be strong player interest and participation, ie make a good game and they will come!

I'm going to remove the whole 'new world' thing from the timeline for now - it was just a thought tbh. I'm not saying we will or won't do it - just that it isn't the primary focus which is to make the game fully playable on the phone.

(And yeah it is under development, there is a lot of the groundwork done - I just wanted to put up a roadmap to give an idea of what is coming where on the beta) :)

#24 Chotton

Chotton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 17:52

I'm going to remove the whole 'new world' thing from the timeline for now - it was just a thought tbh. I'm not saying we will or won't do it - just that it isn't the primary focus which is to make the game fully playable on the phone.

(And yeah it is under development, there is a lot of the groundwork done - I just wanted to put up a roadmap to give an idea of what is coming where on the beta) :)

Just being able to be logged in on multiple browsers and/or devices would be a big help for that. It's a pain to check FS on my phone because I have to login on there and then back in on my pc when I get home.

#25 kalidos

kalidos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 17:56

I agree with tulok, effort should be made to revive fallensword community, not to divide it... Make app for "old" world, if you are allowed to use email to inform old inactive players about it, because a lot of them would reactivate because of app...

#26 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 18:34

The problem with "fixing" is all of our divergent views. So what if the new world mentioned by hoof is this open world pvp land that was exactly like the initial version of FS that many of you were fond of? Make it clear for all players what kind game it is. If you guys are right in your assessment that 1,000's will flock to the game again, than congrats. It's a low risk way for HCS to implement a (currently) controversial aspect. Food for thought...

#27 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 19:17

What I would really like to see in this thread is a priority list of players that heavily log into the game from their phone already as I think they have a much larger knowledge base and believe that ultimately this will help HCS to decide upon priorities. 

I am NOT one of those people which doesn't make my opinion completely irrelevant, but still.

I do get that for this needing to be a "raging success" in the world-wide release, players will most likely have to be able to actually play from their phones... so I support hunting as the first priority.

What I'm looking for (ie, what I assume will be most helpful to HCS beyond those willing to test) is for those players that actively access the game via their phones to respond with what they think the priorities are. 

For example, mine would be something like this:

1) Basic hunting functionality for the idea backing the app (more or less things listed in first step).

2) Tutorial (which indeed may come later precisely becomes of aspects necessary to complete it). 

3) Full inventory management, including AH. 

4) Buff capabilities. 

5) Composing functionality.

6) PvP functonality, focusing first on ladder.

7) MP functionality.

8) Relic capture.

Again, my list is not complete, these are simply my personal priorities (with order actually somewhat irrelevant) based on what I would use my phone for. And again, I'm more interested in seeing the opinion of those whose main access to FS is via their phone.

Obviously, I left things out, like Blacksmith, which would vary depending on whether the world screen has auto-repair capability or Temple which is a 24 hour access so doesn't seem "so" important to me.

Regardless, I "hope" we don't waste HCS time arguing the points. I just think the more feedback HCS gets from players on their personal preferences, the better they will be able to set their priorities and get to know their customers' wants and needs as this progresses. 

Make your list so they can hear it and evaluate!

Prosperous, errr, posting? lol. (o0

#28 aliadnan12

aliadnan12

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 January 2017 - 19:27

can u guys maybe move the chat features up the list ? if i am using the app i would like to see my chat

#29 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 19:29

If this new world can bring new players to the game that would be awesome. I think it's the perfect opportunity to launch it along with the new app, so new guys have a chance to compete better rather than look at top 100 and see lvl 3500 players with 100k max stam and 12938718273 gold in bank.

I'm not sure if I would start there tho. Getting back to 500 max stam would be the biggest con imo. Transferring all players upgrades from old world to new world would be unfair also. Maybe transfering part of the upgrades for the new world for those who want to start anew? For max stam let's say 10%? Just an idea

Edited by Wesleysdf, 04 January 2017 - 19:30.

#30 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 20:13

If this new world can bring new players to the game that would be awesome. I think it's the perfect opportunity to launch it along with the new app, so new guys have a chance to compete better rather than look at top 100 and see lvl 3500 players with 100k max stam and 12938718273 gold in bank.

I'm not sure if I would start there tho. Getting back to 500 max stam would be the biggest con imo. Transferring all players upgrades from old world to new world would be unfair also. Maybe transfering part of the upgrades for the new world for those who want to start anew? For max stam let's say 10%? Just an idea

I think the new world idea is off the table for now, you dont compete with lvl 3500 players anyway, if anything you compete with the lvl range, also the high players up there are actually the driving force in fallensword, they keep the game stable by distributing the buffs for a fee, theres composers out there who supply folks with potions, theres a whole system up there in that 2000+ lvl range, these people have been ingame as long as I have been. I just decided it wouldnt be beneficial for me to run up the stairs with them. instead I relax back here and hold my crown at this lvl. Going to a new server is only a viable option for new players or players who wanna start anew. It will cut off a major influx of the scarce new players as is, and I doubt you would enjoy leaving your upgraded account behind at this stage.

#31 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 20:30

you dont compete with lvl 3500 players anyway, if anything you compete with the lvl range

Indirectly we do. Aside from never going to catch their level (If you dont use epic chests every hunt), they earn more selling buffs, they can hunt more titans that sells for better price, market price of low-mid level items is almost dead (I remember when plague set was worth 20 fsp+ a piece) when higher level items sells for more, they have better stats to clear bounties, etc etc etc.

and I doubt you would enjoy leaving your upgraded account behind at this stage.

The only thing that bugs me is max stam tbh. I have almost 36k and makes me pretty confortable. Going back to 500 would be a trouble for me, but maybe I'd give it a try, who knows 

Edited by Wesleysdf, 04 January 2017 - 20:34.

#32 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 20:31

One minor thing I would like to see is the option for notifications to be sent to my phone at the time it happens.

"Player xxx sent you a message/secure trade"
"You were attacked by player xxx"
"To arms, the guild xxx has initiated a conflict with you"
"Defend yourself, player xxx has just placed you on the bounty board"

I feel these would be necessary for a modern mobile game.

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#33 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2017 - 21:52

One minor thing I would like to see is the option for notifications to be sent to my phone at the time it happens.

Absolutely :D

#34 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 21:57

I liked #32 and #33... just don't forget about the desktop. ,oP

#35 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2017 - 22:00

I liked #32 and #33... just don't forget about the desktop. ,oP

The new client will (theoretically) work on Steam (download for PC, Mac & Linux) as well which could help expand the audience for it as well :)

#36 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 22:03

Out of curiousty Hoof how long to update the code ? would assume alot of code to do

I'm in the middle of updating the code to PHP 7, but as soon as that's done I'll increase the limit (I can't go update the game when I'm half way through this otherwise I would have done it sooner!) :)

NEVERMIND answered in other thread thankyou hoof

Edited by hades8840, 04 January 2017 - 22:24.

#37 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 January 2017 - 22:28

I'll have to float my stick alongside Egami

At this time I'm not a big tablet user, although the day is quickly coming when I probably will be.  And I still use a flip phone, as anything else requires one to assume positions best seen in ballet to get a marginal signal.

Having said that, let the folks who are already playing via phones give their input.  There are plenty out there too, judging from their bio's.  So if any of your allies/enemies are doing so, refer them over here so they can give their input.  The forums are the one aspect of the game that are woefully underused, and this is a good chance to get others used to being on. (as well as giving information)

And thanks for the Updates Cows,  I'm sending a couple of bales of Timothy and Orchard Grass over to the barn in appreciation ;)  

#38 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:57

What ever happened to the idea to have like a " pet " you can level or Upgrade? Why make another account? Why not add more slots to character we already have like pants and Belt ? Making abother character seems crazy to me with the amount of time I have put into the current one I have why would I want to have to drop tons more money into a new one?... I don't know maybe im wrong I guess we shall see

#39 Tharsonius

Tharsonius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:03

I'd hope it would allow people to play more as they could essentially have two characters (one on each world), but we'll give it some thought first for sure :)

Hoof, we're already playing TOO much :P

#40 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:55

I'm looking forward to the app. Seeing as how for the past 2 years, I have played exclusively via a mobile device, and there are many stumbling blocks to playing the game in it's current form... with more of the world using the internet in the same way as I do, it's heartening to know that an app is being made with us in mind. I have signed up to be considered for the beta, and look forward to hearing when I can install this on both my phone and tablet.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: