#1 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:37

Jaspers are totally useless right now. 1 Glorious Jasper only gives 500 HP, that's not even close to being worth while considering it takes the place of a defensive gem. The gems will never see any use in game, just like Aquamarine, Turquoise and Tourmaline.

Were these gems ever intended to be used, or just some sort of filler junk for loot tables? Right now I am baffled that they were included in the game with their current stats. Even if Glorious Jaspers gave 2000 HP, it would still be questionable whether to use them or not.

Maybe the MP gems are a lost cause. The two classes I have played would never have a use for max MP or MP regeneration, ever (Prophet and Warrior). I can't imagine enough of a buff that I ever would either. I will not trade any defensive gem for the ability that 1 talent point, or timely potting can make up for.

Edited by ComradeLewis, 15 May 2015 - 08:46.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#2 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:09

Currently Health and Mana (Jasper and Turquoise) gems can be socketed into weapons, shields and all armor pieces, (allowing up to 8 to be equipped by a player) we feel this can provide a significant boost to both health and mana pools, and moving forward gear may come with more sockets. We will have a look at the regen gems in a future patch (Aquamarine and Tourmaline) as they may need a small buff.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#3 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:02

The best 1 Glorious Jasper has to offer is a 5.8% bonus to my HP. 1 Glorious Onyx would boost my melee defense by 34.6%. 1 Glorious Opal would increase my spell defense by 30.9%. 1 Glorious Diamond would increase my ranged defense by 32.1%.

Mathematically, even if we multiplied the Jasper by 3 (because it applies to all damage types), I would never trade a ~32% bonus(any defense gem) for a 17.4% bonus (Jasper). The effectiveness of the gem is half that of any gem that it would replace.

So, unless these new sockets are "Jasper, Tourmaline, Turquoise or Aquamarine only" they will never be chosen to fill a socket that any defensive gem could be used in.

Considering offensive gems are even more necessary than defensive gems, I don't even think I need to do the math on that one.

Maybe the gems scaled properly for a level 10 character, but they scale very poorly for a level 47 mage, and even worse for a vitality speced tank (who would be the only one to even possibly consider socketing it in their weapon).

Food for thought perhaps.

Edited by ComradeLewis, 15 May 2015 - 11:07.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#4 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:07

Just add belts with slot/s for the less desirables. Aqua, tourm, jasper, turquoise, and maybe howlite.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#5 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 May 2015 - 15:33

Just add belts with slot/s for the less desirables. Aqua, tourm, jasper, turquoise, and maybe howlite.

agreed

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#6 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 May 2015 - 22:00

5 possible slot can be of use at some point.

Jewarly 2 rings Amult - Neckless = 4 potional slot can be used for hp/mp - regen - acc howlite.

Blet 1 more slot

toatle of 5 possible slot could be added.

Jewarly - limited to regen gem's as Hp/MP can used in any slot.

Acc used any slot as well but not very usefull.

Over all 5 slot's can be looked at near future hopefull.

x2 Ring

x1 Amult

x1 necky

x1 belt

Possibly with chance pf other gear item get complete 2 slot's.

Boot's Helm legs glove = possible of another 4 slot's  all gear could see 2 slot chance. possible 9 slot at some point.

For now Like see jewarly slot open - blet slot be nice as well.

Edited by redsmokeboy, 15 May 2015 - 22:01.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#7 Ood

Ood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 23:15

Agree completely with OP.

A friend recently asked me what gem I would recommend him putting in his helmet (currently has tourmaline). He was considering HP/MP/MP regen.

Based on the maths, HP/MP are not worth anything in my book.  

As a DPS, in a proper party with a good tank, you won't be taking any damage. Should you do so, +500 HP (glorious) would likely let you survive an extra hit or two depending on your defense gems. Sure, that may be helpful, but placing a defense gem in slot would likely help you survive longer, if damage types match up (%s are in disagreement as posted in OP). On the other hand, +500 MP will let you cast an additional 2 to 3 skills. Again, this is a pretty minor advantage for such an expensive gem. HP regen has been shown to be absurdly small (Wherever irradiated made that post). Finally MP regen does seem to have a noticable effect (to me), but the maths behind it still show it to be very minor even at high tierms.

In the end, the recommendation to the friend, was:

Do nothing, save your 50 EP unslot fee, sell all HP/MP gems, buy attack power gems.

Also being able to equip hp/mp gem into weaponry is similarly absurd.

A Glorious almadine nets you 138 HP per hit when socketed to a weapon. 500 HP  for glorious jasper is nothing in comparison.

#8 Kendiosa

Kendiosa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:48

Currently Health and Mana (Jasper and Turquoise) gems can be socketed into weapons, shields and all armor pieces, (allowing up to 8 to be equipped by a player) we feel this can provide a significant boost to both health and mana pools, and moving forward gear may come with more sockets.

But nobody will ever do this. The hp gain is negligible compared to the damage reduction of the def gems. You will effectively be 1hit killed in lots of end level dungeons if you are not the tank. Now that there is the 75% cap I could see some tanks using one of these gems if they were worthwhile but a max. 500hp gain at glorius when you have 18k hp already is pointless.

If you add more gem slots I still don't see these gems being used unlesss they are restricted to hp/mp slots.

#9 aliadnan12

aliadnan12

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:29

and may i point out anyone using a shield would never trade a peri for any of the hp/mana gems ... that is , sorry to say , absurd. even a supreme peri is like 6% block and that is way more worth than just another say 250 or 300 hp/mana gem of the same tier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: