Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 December 2020 - 15:57

Hi all,

The skill "Arterial Strike" will no longer work for Group Attacks.

While this was not an exploit, we believe this change was necessary & made sense going forward!

~The Fallen Sword Team.

#2 Pablobison

Pablobison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 16:29

Perfect timing changing it just after the double XP event.

#3 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 22 December 2020 - 16:40

Interesting that you knew since at the latest yesterday but the change came well after it wasn't useful to the people using it anymore. I don't know about you, but I would feel cheated if my competition got to sit naked gaining hundreds of levels using minimal stam. But alas.

I hope everyone else had a great Double XP hunting creatures. And congratulations to FFS on being #1 again - was fun watching the counters going up on both ends.

Happy holidays to everyone and HCS, and remember - if you don't socially distance from my range, I'll take your gold.

SS

#4 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 17:15

So someone gaining hundreds of levels while sitting naked and not making a single kill on their own is not an exploit.  Just what IS your definition of an exploit?  If it was working as intended, why did you believe it was necessary and made sense to change it going forward?

Screenshot everything!

#5 Grumpy Grey

Grumpy Grey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 20:03

So someone gaining hundreds of levels while sitting naked and not making a single kill on their own is not an exploit.  Just what IS your definition of an exploit?  If it was working as intended, why did you believe it was necessary and made sense to change it going forward?

Must of been a claytons exploit ....You know the exploit you have when you don't have an exploit.

#6 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 23 December 2020 - 10:09

what yote said 

5aZzW0p.png,

#7 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 23 December 2020 - 10:18

unknown.png?width=600&height=194

yep no exploit

Edited by activeh1, 23 December 2020 - 10:18.

5aZzW0p.png,

#8 Tegwean

Tegwean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 13:08

At least they did something with skills thought they forgot about the skill tree list >.>

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 December 2020 - 14:42

Just between you and me and the fence post, that this even happened with a buff that was NEVER intended to work for group play, and even if it had, should have only benefited the group leader, and no one else,  I feel that the cows have dropped the ball with this.  It was a back door way for some low level players to use a form of automation to level up considerably with no effort whatsoever.  How is this in any way fair to those of us who gained our levels the right way?  

HCS, imho this needs to  be revisited.  What was done was not fair, not right and really makes me want to consider moving on to some other game where catering to whales is to be expected....

Edited by BadPenny, 23 December 2020 - 14:43.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#10 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 15:26

Just between you and me and the fence post, that this even happened with a buff that was NEVER intended to work for group play, and even if it had, should have only benefited the group leader, and no one else, I feel that the cows have dropped the ball with this. It was a back door way for some low level players to use a form of automation to level up considerably with no effort whatsoever. How is this in any way fair to those of us who gained our levels the right way?

HCS, imho this needs to be revisited. What was done was not fair, not right and really makes me want to consider moving on to some other game where catering to whales is to be expected....

This might be a first time for me but I agree with the words of BP. :D

I have been pretty loud on discord about how I feel about this exploit. I will summarize my thoughts here for people who avoid discord.

I am pretty upset that this exploit hasn’t had any real consequences. The users of this gained around 800 levels while using minimal stamina. Which is just absurd. I power leveled from 1050 to 1499. To do this, I bought current stam which cost thousands of FSPs. I 100% agree that something more needs to be done in addition to the buff change they have already made. This has left quite a sour taste in my mouth as well as many others.

Thank you for taking your time to read this. Happy Holidays!

Edited by Tilley10, 23 December 2020 - 15:28.

#11 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 21:29

Hi all,

The skill "Arterial Strike" will no longer work for Group Attacks.

While this was not an exploit, we believe this change was necessary & made sense going forward!

~The Fallen Sword Team.

Interesting that you knew since at the latest yesterday but the change came well after it wasn't useful to the people using it anymore. I don't know about you, but I would feel cheated if my competition got to sit naked gaining hundreds of levels using minimal stam. But alas.

I agreing with all and hcs go reading what yotekiller saying

unknown.png?width=600&height=194

yep no exploit

this 100% exploit, even nobrain can seeing it

before xp event I making saving of top guilds to comparing

I posting before xp event and after xp event (now) only of low players who getting not normal levels

Riddler247     212     Minion Trainee    13,609,226

Riddler247     479     Minion Trainee     54,835,683

+267 levels, have 11k stamina

-----------------------

KingEndg     237     Minion Trainee    20,927,066

KingEndg     387     Minion Trainee     59,778,922

+150 levels, have 10k stamina

-----------------------

JosieGOD     250     Minion Trainee    26,869,513

JosieGOD     818     Minion Trainee     0

+568 levels, is ban

-----------------------

CursedMoon     310    Minion Trainee    56,247,602

CursedMoon     763     Minion Trainee     0

+453 levels, is ban

-----------------------

Pluru     312     Trial Rank    4,826

Pluru     995     Trial Rank     123,150,482

+683 levels, have 13k stamina

-----------------------

Hermedes    192        Trial Rank    930,187

Hermedes     1031     Trial Rank     431,152,839

+839 levels, have 22k stamina

-----------------------

I am pretty upset that this exploit hasn’t had any real consequences. The users of this gained around 800 levels while using minimal stamina. Which is just absurd. I power leveled from 1050 to 1499. To do this, I bought current stam which cost thousands of FSPs. I 100% agree that something more needs to be done in addition to the buff change they have already made. This has left quite a sour taste in my mouth as well as many others.

I understanding you bro and everyone agreing, it is exploit, what normal needing 1 year of hunting or many thousand fsps, they doing in 1 hour, they not even hunting or using buffs, only joining group and getting many 100 of levels, that is reason why hcs removing it, hcs not stupid, they intelligent, you not needing worry, I 100% sure hcs will punish all who using exploit

everyone talking about low player but you forgeting these low players only joining group, for exploit to working they needing high player eoc doing exploit and this eoc exploiter is worst of all, without him exploit not working

disgrace on all exploiters

hcs need go into logs of low players and looking who is eoc player who doing exploiting for getting other low players many 100 levels, hcs go looking who was group leader

this group leader exploiting and he knowing (everyone in game knowing it not normal, even little brain) what he doing, it impossible this accident, 1,2,3 times is accident but he making many 100 groups and only low players in his guild joining lol

this like story I reading of news of woman who saying she cutting her husband 73 times in accident, she saying they was on floor and everytime she wanting standing up she falling on him cutting him 73 times lol

I 100% sure hcs will banning exploiters and very worse of them the high players eoc (I not knowing who was group leader but very easy for hcs finding name of cheater and how many eoc group leaders are) who making the exploit, you knowing hcs hard against this, remembering they baning exploiters who doing in auction house 2 month ago

cheating is cheating, reason not mattering and community is watching how hcs will baning exploiters

I wishing merry christmas to hcs, fs players and they family, staying safe

Edited by kitobas, 23 December 2020 - 21:37.

#12 Grumpy Grey

Grumpy Grey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 21:36

This decision should be revisited 

Just between you and me and the fence post, that this even happened with a buff that was NEVER intended to work for group play, and even if it had, should have only benefited the group leader, and no one else,  I feel that the cows have dropped the ball with this.  It was a back door way for some low level players to use a form of automation to level up considerably with no effort whatsoever.  How is this in any way fair to those of us who gained our levels the right way?  

HCS, imho this needs to  be revisited.  What was done was not fair, not right and really makes me want to consider moving on to some other game where catering to whales is to be expected....

Very much agree,  At the moment it seems taking advantage of exploits is being encouraged by this oversight

Edited by Grumpy Grey, 23 December 2020 - 21:37.

#13 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 23 December 2020 - 21:49

everyone talking about low player but you forgeting these low players only joining group, for exploit to working they needing high player eoc doing exploit and this eoc exploiter is worst of all, without him exploit not working

hcs need go into logs of low players and looking who is eoc player who doing exploiting for getting other low players many 100 levels, hcs go looking who was group leader

this group leader exploiting and he knowing (everyone in game knowing it not normal, even little brain) what he doing, it impossible this accident, 1,2,3 times is accident but he making many 100 groups and only low players in his guild joining lol

this here is the most important part they ban the low levels but nothing happens to the players at eoc who were doing the hitting ,arnt they just as bad as the so called "trainees"so they should suffer as well

5aZzW0p.png,

#14 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 21:58

this here is the most important part they ban the low levels but nothing happens to the players at eoc who were doing the hitting ,arnt they just as bad as the so called "trainees"so they should suffer as well

bro, I 100% sure hcs will baning players eoc who group leaders and doing the real exploiting, they are many times worse than low players who only joining, you will seing hcs will giving permanent ban because what they doing very bad and they doing it not 1,2,3 times but many 100 times repating exploit, hcs not stupid and will seing it and comunity will seing it too

#15 Grumpy Grey

Grumpy Grey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 22:03

This is very important and I believe the the community is waiting to see what appropriate action will be taken by HCS.

#16 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 23:09

I'm sure their guild chat and leader chat would make for some interesting reading should HCS want to take a look at those logs.

Screenshot everything!

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 23:27

Take a look at the logs, don't care.  I am sure they already did. Nothing to hide, I have been complacent with them the whole time, offered to give whatever information they wanted on how it was done. Toxicity galore and people comparing things as equal when they are entirely different. I can bring up many things in public forum about you and your guild Yote but i don't. Why? Because one it will go no where, two it's bad for the game in general to spin a narrative where you don't have proof without a reasonable doubt. You really aren't supposed to do this regardless, send a ticket enough said. At the very least keep it in your echo chambers. 

I was confident this was not an exploit based off the below reasoning.

1. Arterial strike was working exactly as coded and intended.

2. Groups have always shared exp, working as intended

3. Group update was changed to 10 attacks recently and explicitly stated fresh of memory working as intended

Lets go over three common things of what some people do not understand.

1. This method of sharing EXP to lower levels really caps out at around the mid 1000s. The leveling formula starts getting rather exponential. It would be a very interesting catch up method for when this game is released on the app market. Also the higher the levels in a group the less exp you get.

2. This was not as easy as everyone is stating. It took a lot of time, and you had to know what you were doing. Not only that it took a lot of coordination.

3. Everyone had equal opportunity to do this. This was not something exclusive to us.

You need to take a step back and think about this logically otherwise you are just a lost cause in the matter.

If you have a problem with how previous things were handled take it up with the cows not me or my guild. Comparing AH Exploit... Rather DUPE should I say to this is not even close, nice try.

It is not my fault we had a better understanding of the changes they were making. If they are going to make changes, it's going to effect the meta. We plan to write the meta, this is how games work. If we cannot have confidence to play the game the cows code it, we can't play at all.

Edited by EpicPiety, 23 December 2020 - 23:43.

#18 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 23:34

This is exactly what AS said before the cows changed it.

+0.1% XP per point, per additional combat round (excludes Conserve)

How are you supposed to know it's not supposed to work in group attacks? The answer is quite obvious you don't, but go off and spin it.

+0.1% XP per point, per additional combat round (excludes Conserve and Group Attacks)

This is what it says now, if anyone was to try it and for some reason it worked... That would be exploiting lol.

Edited by EpicPiety, 23 December 2020 - 23:39.

#19 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 23 December 2020 - 23:51

but wouldnt most players stop after they discovered it and report it to hsc ?

especially a leader or member of 2nd rated guild in fs 

Edited by activeh1, 23 December 2020 - 23:54.

5aZzW0p.png,

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 December 2020 - 00:07

but wouldnt most players stop after they discovered it and report it to hsc ?

especially a leader or member of 2nd rated guild in fs 

If everything is working as intended no. I am not a HCS employee not gonna keep saying that TBH. I play this game to be competitive within the rules of the game. You play the game your way and that's fine as well. You all will be very surprised when this game goes live on the market. People play to win, look forward to the fun with that  ;).

Edited by EpicPiety, 24 December 2020 - 00:07.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: