8 replies to this topic

#1 cheekysob

cheekysob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:53

Hey guys,

I know I am lazy, but it gets really irritating to double click on the loot for picking it up. 

Life would be so much easier if there would be an "auto-pick up loot" button on the keyboard.

What do you guys think? :) 

#2 Loaf

Loaf

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:12

I don't mind clicking the little colored bags, it's rather exciting to see that blue or green band at the top while you are farming for gear.

What I do find annoying:

Corpses of skinnable mobs interfere with looting bags.

When I work on skinning, the bodies disappear too fast.  When I don't care about skinning and just want the loot bags- the corpses seem to last forever and hide the bags.

As I began writing this comment I was going to take an "against" stance on your suggestion because it would make it easier to write botting scripts.  But as I described my own troubles, I realized your suggestion would alleviate them.

ps-  I would like to see the skinning animation shortened.

If you have a spare minute, please rate Eldevin at mmorpg.com

#3 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:28

I started use Right Click -> Loot/Open Bag

And I feel the same way as Loaf, skinnable mobs disappear faster than those that doesnt.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#4 Brito

Brito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Badge
  • Portugal

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:26

What about an item that people can buy in the shop and it will auto pick up the loot?

Like the game metin 2.

SgICYlw.jpg

#5 Zurion

Zurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Badge
  • Romania

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:48

I would like to see a.. let's call it "Context button". So, if there's a loot bag around you, you'll see this button just above your hp bar. Or if there is a npc that you can talk to, there will be a different button for that. 

Context buttons are used in a game I like to play and the make the playing more enjoyable :)

Electronic devices function with smoke. When the smoke comes out of them, they stop working.

#6 jbhouse

jbhouse

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 15:05

i too agree the skinning time needs to be shortened and the time the kills stay lenthened. the loot bags issue with bodys drops interfearing with bag collection has happened to me many times as well but i guess i dont mnd so much clicking to pick up loot bags as opposed to just walking over them to pick them up or something.

#7 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2013 - 15:39

In my opinion the current system is fine.

An opinion for "Heroic" items to have some mark on the mini-map or a special effect would be pretty cool, it gives players something to look for and also means they have a less likely chance of missing a Heroic drop. A lot of quest items are marked in orange bags and it can be confusing.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#8 Stormbow

Stormbow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 13 April 2013 - 17:57

I would like to see a.. let's call it "Context button". So, if there's a loot bag around you, you'll see this button just above your hp bar. Or if there is a npc that you can talk to, there will be a different button for that. 

Context buttons are used in a game I like to play and the make the playing more enjoyable :)

Take this to the next level:  A cash shop item that makes it so when there's a loot bag nearby for the character, the context button appears and clicking that button makes the character run to the bag -and- auto loot it.

[Guide] So you want to be a beta tester, eh?
sig-ani-yes.gif

If a post helps you out in some way, please remember to LIKE it to add rep for the poster.  Thank you.

#9 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 13 April 2013 - 20:51

And if all else fails, just having the loot bag on top of the body would help.  I have not seen any super tiny skinable creatures where the loot bag would interfere...

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: