#1 RikkaLarn

RikkaLarn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2013 - 13:14

Kinda covering the idea of "How important is the "role" in role playing" a bit, but it would be great if you could "pin" notices to the board directed at individuals, and then when checking it, a "personal messages" option could be displayed.

Although this can be done via forums etc. I think it would be great to have it as an in-game function. There is clearly a serious attempt to create a genuine in game economy, which I have seen the beginnings of personally, though the ability to place orders with people offline that they can pick up on would be awesome. The facility could be used to advertise guilds, open requests for people to form groups for specific purposes and many other reasons, however an in game cost should probably be attached to some options.

I guess I feel keeping as much of the experience in game enriches it.

Jack of all Trades....need anything at all, whisper me   :)

RikkaLarn: lvl32  Warrior    Pug: lvl 14 Mage  OwainGlynDwr lvl 9 Templar Shalhassan: lvl 3 Dogsbody   :)

Crystal Cutting 24, Farming 28, Fishing 18, Foraging 27, Forestry 27, Prospecting 35, Skinning 30, Alchemy 31, Armoursmithing 19, Cooking 36, Jewellery 16, Leatherwork 18, Tailoring 17, Weaponsmithing 18

#2 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 01 May 2013 - 21:25

Great idea for expanding the notice board!

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#3 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 01 May 2013 - 21:41

i like it. some form of offline messaging would be great

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#4 PXT

PXT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 01 May 2013 - 22:28

I think this is excellent. You step up to a board and WHOOOAAA there's a message just for you! So-and-So scribbled "Hey I'll give you XXX for XXX of these items, Catch me at the Smithy Statue at 6:15 pm!

Or "Hey bro!! Go kick this monsters butt for me, i'm only level 20 . will give you 20 stacks of pine logs or 50 copper bars"

Another idea is a To Anyone that is Concerned...or Open Invite to perform a task for some1 in game..Then let the bartering begin...Oh you need a black jaguar killed?? I'll do it for XXXX..../............Want to help me run the guantlet?? Contact X ..I'll pay you XXXX for helping...

Would need the option to Discard the note once read or put into BP...Just my 2.453124563 cents worth of ideas!

PXT

#5 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 May 2013 - 00:46

Nice idea, I was using Fallensword to make offline messages to friends...

#6 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:32

Sadly while alot of people play FS (and I have done the same in messaging them there) not all of them do.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#7 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:39

Yeah, thats the poit I cant message the ones who are not playing it...

#8 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 May 2013 - 15:17

Hey I have got a good idea...
We would make the dragon handler a post man ... where u go to him check ur mail, send a new mail, travel and recieve items from Auction house (if they implented the idea).... the Notice bored maybe be a place like FS shout or box....

#9 RikkaLarn

RikkaLarn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:22

Thanks for the input guys, you really have got a grasp of what I was thinking. Basically...its a Notice Board.....anyone can pin a note on it, addressed to all or an individual/group/guild etc. 

Just feel that keeping it "in game" would add a lot :)

Jack of all Trades....need anything at all, whisper me   :)

RikkaLarn: lvl32  Warrior    Pug: lvl 14 Mage  OwainGlynDwr lvl 9 Templar Shalhassan: lvl 3 Dogsbody   :)

Crystal Cutting 24, Farming 28, Fishing 18, Foraging 27, Forestry 27, Prospecting 35, Skinning 30, Alchemy 31, Armoursmithing 19, Cooking 36, Jewellery 16, Leatherwork 18, Tailoring 17, Weaponsmithing 18

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: