#1 RikkaLarn

RikkaLarn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2013 - 13:31

I can't put my finger on it but as someone who I like to feel has made quite a few friends during beta so far, and who is lucky enough to have others want to join my group when i invite them, there are aspects of the whole process that i'm not entirely comfortable with.

You can invite to group anyone on your friends list that is online, irrespective of where they are, just as you can whisper them, yet without adding them to friends, you cannot invite anyone else unless you encounter them.

I think that maybe the ability to "Shout out" to individuals would be better as a game-wide contact initiator, with the action identifying your position/direction to your target for a short time (say 60 secs). Whisper then working within a certain range until group formed and would then be game-wide) whilst other than totems, or using Notice Board( something i've touched upon in another thread) groups need an encounter to form.

all thoughts appreciated.

also if i'm missing/misunderstanding something please correct me :)

Jack of all Trades....need anything at all, whisper me   :)

RikkaLarn: lvl32  Warrior    Pug: lvl 14 Mage  OwainGlynDwr lvl 9 Templar Shalhassan: lvl 3 Dogsbody   :)

Crystal Cutting 24, Farming 28, Fishing 18, Foraging 27, Forestry 27, Prospecting 35, Skinning 30, Alchemy 31, Armoursmithing 19, Cooking 36, Jewellery 16, Leatherwork 18, Tailoring 17, Weaponsmithing 18

#2 Healer

Healer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 17:16

Rikka, pretty sure we ran some Vaults together!

I think "/invite RikkaLarn" worked but there was not easy way for me to contact you beforehand.

the "/who" isnt very user friendly for users to find players in a certain range to "cold-call" them about a dungeon/group

"/who 15-19" should yeld players within that level range.  or "/who sewers" should yield all players in with that word in their current location, etc.

-- another note to help group formation would be the current LFG system an option of showing current players in the que.

I may have a friend who is not in the que who would happily fill the tank role if i only knew that's all we lacked for a firm group.

#3 Rorke

Rorke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 May 2013 - 17:19

I don't have any friends :(

I am Warrior, I kill shit!

Tailoring-22: Cooking-30 : Jewelry-21: Alchemy-30 : Weapons-30: Leather-26 : Armor-17
Farming-30 : Prospect-30 : Crystal-29: Foraging-30 : Forestry-30 : Skinning-30 : Fishing-29

#4 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 01 May 2013 - 21:44

/invite does work I have used it a few times.

the /who could be greatly improved with the level range feature suggested

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#5 RikkaLarn

RikkaLarn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:01

After re-reading my initial post and the replies and having been starved of the game sufficiently....I think i've figured out something.....

I'd be fine with having to meet up with someone to form/join a group.....I think that my suggestion to /shout to people, highlighting your location to them with /whisper only then working in say, the same realm, is more logical. With group/guild chat remaining global, including whispers to group/guild members.

As you can see, I probably value the Roleplay aspect as much as the gameplay aspect, which I understand many may not, and that my suggestions would lead to communication being more difficult....but Eldevin is set in a fantasy world with limited technology and we havent got mobile/cell phones

though within this type of comms system...... you could choose to skype......;)

RikkaLarn: lvl32  Warrior    Pug: lvl 14 Mage  OwainGlynDwr lvl 9 Templar Shalhassan: lvl 3 Dogsbody   :)

Crystal Cutting 24, Farming 28, Fishing 18, Foraging 27, Forestry 27, Prospecting 35, Skinning 30, Alchemy 31, Armoursmithing 19, Cooking 36, Jewellery 16, Leatherwork 18, Tailoring 17, Weaponsmithing 18

#6 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 May 2013 - 00:11

just image whispers as magical conduits that you share with friends.

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#7 RikkaLarn

RikkaLarn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:09

too vague sorry, especially as you can whisper anyone you know the char name of. I'll buy that idea within an established group, but being able to whisper someone in another city, who you have simply just been given the name of? There is no hint of a mention of psionics within the game to support the comms system either. 

now dont get me wrong, I see nothing WRONG with how things are, I just feel that adding a bit of fluff to explain how it works would be great, whilst limiting it a bit to enhance the roleplay experience would be even better.

#8 RikkaLarn

RikkaLarn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:10

I don't have any friends :(

added to the "add to friends" list ;)

#9 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:34

I just feel that adding a bit of fluff to explain how it works would be great, whilst limiting it a bit to enhance the roleplay experience would be even better.

You see, there's a race of worms underground. When you whisper something they hear you with their amazing auditory abilities. They come up, capture your whisper in a specially evolved throat pouch and disappear back underground. They travel (sometimes thousands of miles under all sorts of terrain) to your target, which it could ascertain psychically when you made the whisper. It then releases your whisper near your target accompanied by a soft burping sound and disappears back into the earth.

Hopefully your friend recognises your voice. Otherwise they're going to be pretty confused.

This is actually a bit of a joke around the office now. When something unexplained comes up someone usually says "Well, you see, there's a giant worm underground..." This post is one of my favourites so far.

#10 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 19 May 2013 - 23:55

bwahahahahaha - oh shoot I just laughed so hard I sounded like a squeak toy for dogs.  *falls over giggling* 

and I had forgotten about that thread about bronze ore. good times. 

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#11 RikkaLarn

RikkaLarn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:03

You see, there's a race of worms underground. When you whisper something they hear you with their amazing auditory abilities. They come up, capture your whisper in a specially evolved throat pouch and disappear back underground. They travel (sometimes thousands of miles under all sorts of terrain) to your target, which it could ascertain psychically when you made the whisper. It then releases your whisper near your target accompanied by a soft burping sound and disappears back into the earth.

Hopefully your friend recognises your voice. Otherwise they're going to be pretty confused.

This is actually a bit of a joke around the office now. When something unexplained comes up someone usually says "Well, you see, there's a giant worm underground..." This post is one of my favourites so far.

Thank you!!!!! :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: