Photo

De-leveling Change Poll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
364 replies to this topic

Poll: De-leveling Poll (322 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like us to look at changing how de-leveling works?

1. Yes. (175 votes [54.35%])

Percentage of vote: 54.35%

2. No. (147 votes [45.65%])

Percentage of vote: 45.65%

Vote

#21 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:39

I'd envision we would change it to something like the following:

If your AL is more than 5 levels below the creatures level, we would apply a x% reduction to the xp you gain from the creature. Assuming 'x' is 5, this means if you were 8 levels below the creature, a 15% reduction would be applied to the xp you gain.

So if you are hitting an creature 25 levels higher then you AL you will gain no xp?

#22 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:39

If your AL is more than 5 levels below the creatures level, we would apply a x% reduction to the xp you gain from the creature. Assuming 'x' is 5, this means if you were 8 levels below the creature, a 15% reduction would be applied to the xp you gain.

Hoof, just don't forget back in the day when PvP actually was an active thing. I'm pretty sure I could help convince people this isn't that great an idea.

Although, hey, more power to the PvPers ,oP

#23 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:40

I'm not sure if 5 levels below is the right place to start - as it is very easy to lose 10-15 levels quickly on the BB outside of asking to be deleveled. However, I do like this idea that you're proposing. How does the VL play into this then? 

#24 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:42

So if you are hitting an creature 25 levels higher then you AL you will gain no xp?

There could be a minimum in there of say 25%.

I'm not sure if 5 levels below is the right place to start - as it is very easy to lose 10-15 levels quickly on the BB outside of asking to be deleveled. However, I do like this idea that you're proposing. How does the VL play into this then? 

Yeah it could start higher - maybe 20 levels?

#25 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:42

This would work hoof, although it seems a little counter-intuitive if you ask me?

Gaining less xp from a higher level creature as opposed to the higher level creature simply being harder to kill.

Oh I guess whatever works though...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#26 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:43

then you choose, stay there with the penalty or drop down a couple realms to your actual level

Edited by watagashi, 09 December 2013 - 18:44.

#27 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:44

Lets just work on one exploit at a time yeah? Simply because other loophole exploits exist, that means we shouldn't work to close another?

Agreed. But I would start with the most harmful exploits. Here's an idea, let's list all of the exploits and vote on which to deal with first. Again, I have no direct impact in this particular issue but I see overall harm to the game hence I doth protest. We really got bigger fish to fry.
Is this the biggest worst exploit out there? Is it harming the general populations enjoyment of the game? Is it driving away players in droves? If so, yes, this needs to be addressed ASAP.
Hope I can catch you in GC to bounce this back and forth. Jedi absolutely refused to talk about it. And I never see Belaric (I think he's annoyed by the 140 character limit as none of his sentences fit ) :)

#28 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:47

Agreed. But I would start with the most harmful exploits. Here's an idea, let's list all of the exploits and vote on which to deal with first. Again, I have no direct impact in this particular issue but I see overall harm to the game hence I doth protest. We really got bigger fish to fry.
Is this the biggest worst exploit out there? Is it harming the general populations enjoyment of the game? Is it driving away players in droves? If so, yes, this needs to be addressed ASAP.
Hope I can catch you in GC to bounce this back and forth. Jedi absolutely refused to talk about it. And I never see Belaric (I think he's annoyed by the 140 character limit as none of his sentences fit ) :)

You don't see how this devalues both the bounty hunter medal and the smasher medal?

Not to mention gives a superhuman advantage to guilds with an EoC player that can do this as opposed to a guild without?

There's three pretty massive harmful impacts right there mate.

Edited by Mister Doom, 09 December 2013 - 18:48.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#29 fusionj

fusionj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:48

Yup...just as soon as you figure out a worthwhile activity for EOCers to spend ~100k stam on.

Edited by fusionj, 09 December 2013 - 18:49.

#30 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:49

I did not vote as I do not fully understand the XP gain from fighting enemies far above your level - as I have never done it myself.

I do think deleveling is something that should be allowed, if a player feels the need to kill more creatures and does not have the content to do so they should be allowed to delevel.

I do not think there should be an XP penalty, however I do think that there should be no additional gain. ie if a level 1000 player kills a level 1000 enemy and nets X amount of XP a level 700 player killing that same level 1000 creature should also earn X amount of XP.

#31 thomas8746

thomas8746

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:51

How will this effect hunting titans above and below are AL.

#32 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Hoof promised me some candy if i came here :P

Changing the gained xp after losing so many levels would be a good start to things, And maybe get a potion or buff to help increase that xp just a bit for the loss of levels much like mighty vigor does with armor will help appease thing a bit. 

As far the bounty board being more active... Yes it has had the activity, but it really hasn't encouraged players to bounty hunt as may of you guys being "de-leveled" have bountied people clearing you or have jump down their throats for 10 stam clearing you.

And for the AM 500 stuff, you do realize losing that effects more than just leveling, right?

#33 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

It would only affect Normal, Champion and Elite creatures.

#34 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:53

Thomas this is more xp based(so far), you would still be able to hunt them provided you can hunt them in the first place :)

#35 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:54

I have to confess to total bewilderment about why people get so uptight about this issue. It really doesn't matter to me how fast people relevel, and there is not much other than a bit of pride affecting the guild rankings (guild membership is so much a buyers market these days that people will look far more at what the guild offers than where it is ranked).

And there is no issue with them gaining too much gold either - so live and let live.

Having said that, if you do go down that route, Hoof, then I'd suggest scaling experience between the target for a creature at the virtual level and that for the actual level (perhaps offset by your 5 or 20 levels) would be more reasonable.

#36 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:54

Not to mention gives a superhuman advantage to guilds with an EoC player that can do this as opposed to a guild without?

Doom, could you explain that? No sarcasm on this at all. Dead serious. I don't get the "superhuman advantage".

I think this is "perhaps" the major point I'm missing the entire time. What is the advantage?

#37 dregal

dregal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:55

I see both sides of this one but since I have never tried to purposely de-level myself, I'm in a bit of a quandary. I have noticed that we had 9 pages on the BB yesterday (only amounted to 6-7 players I think). That has the added incentive of getting more players to look seriously at their pvp and bounty medals which is probably a good thing. One thing I do like is that completing a bounty does not end up with removing all the bounties on a player. 

Does being significantly de-levelled still mean that you may have to give up your gear that is now above your new level? at one time it did. I remember some of the lower levels .... 

#38 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:58

So from your previous thread you choose the change that had the least support before lock... Your 1st change to add a character upgrade was the only 1 with a high yes vote. It helped save the integrity of the medals and still let people who wan to delevel have their fun.

Guess I can vote no now then.

#39 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:00

Doom, could you explain that? No sarcasm on this at all. Dead serious. I don't get the "superhuman advantage".

I think this is "perhaps" the major point I'm missing the entire time. What is the advantage?

Ok, so imagine two guilds at around the same level, trying to compete with each other on the ladder.

Seems like a good competition right?

Now imagine that one guild has a player that can (through the use of delevelling) add a few billion to one guilds gxp in a single showing, using minimal amounts of stamina and some free global potions. Now imagine that this player can do it over and over again...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#40 FallnBlood

FallnBlood

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:01

I really don't care about anything unless it is hurting someone. Speaking of which, don't counter players if they don't use 100 stamina when they hunt your bounty. That's just easily unfair for regular bounty hunters.

I think we should forget all about the EXP exploit thingy for now and focus on this thing first instead. Bounty hunters are getting abused out there.

• RED likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: