Photo

De-leveling Change Poll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
364 replies to this topic

Poll: De-leveling Poll (322 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like us to look at changing how de-leveling works?

1. Yes. (175 votes [54.35%])

Percentage of vote: 54.35%

2. No. (147 votes [45.65%])

Percentage of vote: 45.65%

Vote

#41 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:02

Its been done a few times already Egami i can show you a few players that have done it, and some about to do it again :)

#42 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:02

After reading the thread I do not fully understand why people consider this an "exploit". It is well within the game mechanics and benefits only Guild XP.  The player is not getting "free" levels ... they are spending tons of stamina and fsp/gold to make this happen.

I made a thread awhile back discussing the global event potions ... which hoof seemed to like the idea of , but never changed anything. I really think the global potions are bad for the game. It hurts HCS because they essentially give players the potions they are then turning around and asking $60 for, hurting sales. Giving 5 chests is ridiculous to players with big stamina pools .. I have enough global hunting potions to last me 2 years worth of stamina. AM500 is defiantly game breaking (in agreement with above posts).

What I propose instead of these global event pots is week long XP events (1.2x for tier one, 1.4x 1.6, 1.8 2x at tier 5). Then maybe one or two other potions that do not have XP components, ie coordinated attack 300 , lightfoot 500 etc. The week long events would allow for those with lesser stamina pools to hunt 2 or 3 times during the week. An attempt to equalize the value of 5 global event pots.

Edited by Placeboo, 09 December 2013 - 19:05.

#43 robinbanks

robinbanks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:03

So let me get this straight.. lets say a Player is level 1800.. he stays on a level 1800 map.. decides to engage in some savage PvP and goes on a rampage (or whatever he needs to do to lose levels )  .. loses 100 levels.. then he decides its time to regain the levels.. Hitting a level 1800 creature while he is level 1700.. in effect gaing massive amounts of xp.. quickly regaining his levels back.. All to the advantage of his guild getting xp and boosting the level of his gulid.. while this might not be the only reason for losing levels.. i think it is the most common reason.. perhaps a Guilds xp should float with the playres xp.. if a player losses xp.. so should the guild.. perharps i am being shortsighted.. but.. if this is the driving factor in losing levels.. then this might stop the exploit.

#44 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:03

I'm sort of appalled at the minuscule number of votes, after notification got delivered to everyone's mailbox.  Thanks to Hoof for doing it. Hopefully the vote tally will rise as the day moves on.

#45 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:04

... this affect EVERYONE just not the end of course players leave it the way it is bcz if i get deleveld im going to do the sae thing  gilby90813 and im level 813 nd i been deleveled quite a bit before and i  did same thing :)

#46 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:05

I'm sort of appalled at the minuscule number of votes, after notification got delivered to everyone's mailbox.  Thanks to Hoof for doing it. Hopefully the vote tally will rise as the day moves on.

We should wait to see for another day or so - given different timezones players are in, they probably haven't gotten to look at it. However, then again, that's thinking people want to take the time to vote :) 

#47 killerz15

killerz15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

RebornJedi couldn't have said it better at the very beginning. Why allow players to gain so much for deleveling themselves for more xp.

#48 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Double-post  

Edited by Kedyn, 09 December 2013 - 19:05.

#49 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

I'm posting is as a message to everyone's logs :)

This worked for me to get me to place my vote!  Thanks.  I reallly don't see why it's such a big problem myself.  Not that I will ever get to the end of the content where most of it happens.  I'm in a guild where people are constantly deleveling themselves and them rebuilding it for the purposes of gaining guild xp.  Why should this be considered a "loophole"?  It's been part of the game for 6 years.  Why is it such a big deal now all of a sudden? 

#50 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:08

Instead of whining about the leveling/deleveling of players that have nowhere to go let`s figure out a way to get new players in this game instead of running them out of it..

+500

#51 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:10

Ok, so imagine two guilds at around the same level, trying to compete with each other on the ladder.

Seems like a good competition right?

Now imagine that one guild has a player that can (through the use of delevelling) add a few billion to one guilds gxp in a single showing, using minimal amounts of stamina and some free global potions. Now imagine that this player can do it over and over again...

Thanks very much Doom for taking the time.

Now I'm going to embarrass myself, hehe. I fail to see how the ladder and XP contribution is related. What kind of "competition" is this?

I've also always assumed that XP Contribution is capped at a the max of "I've been in this Guild since level 1".

#52 maxdragon

maxdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

you can still delevel and level again as much as you want !!!

only thing that will change is that you will have to level up the NORMAL way, like the 1st time you leveled up and if you drop levels then you will have to level the NORMAL way again!! NOT on a single champion.

some of you are misunderstanding here that if the changes are applied that the EOC players won't be able to delevel and re-level again which is NOT TRUE!

there is an exploit where you get 3-4 times more XP than your 1st hunt if you sit on a champion and level up for your 2nd time!!

I think easiest solution is to make that champions give the same XP as normal creatures!

this way they still get more xp (than the creatures at their AL) if they sit on a higher level champion (VL) BUT not they will not get 3-4 times more xp (maybe 1,3 - 1-6 times more xp) !!

Edited by maxdragon, 09 December 2013 - 19:13.

#53 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Egami you're missing the point entirely I fear. It's not the losing and regaining of tons levels that is the exploit.

It's remaining in a higher level map and doing it all from one type of creature. (or even ONE creature if you have AM500)

Hmm...Maybe I missed the point too.  So are you saying that as long as a person has to move around and not regain their lost xp from just one creature but rather be required to go back through the levels battling creatures that are the same level to which they deleveled, you'd have no problem with it?  In other words if I'm level 1800 and delevel myself to lvl 1400 I should be required to go back to level 1400 and kill creatures in each ensuing level to get back to 1800?  Is that it?  

#54 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:14

Thanks very much Doom for taking the time.

Now I'm going to embarrass myself, hehe. I fail to see how the ladder and XP contribution is related. What kind of "competition" is this?

I've also always assumed that XP Contribution is capped at a the max of "I've been in this Guild since level 1".

I'm talking about the top 250 guilds ladder? There are some that still care about that lol.

No, the amount of gxp you can contribute isn't capped. It's an endless stream, that's why people are using this exploit in the first place.

Hmm...Maybe I missed the point too.  So are you saying that as long as a person has to move around and not regain their lost xp from just one creature but rather be required to go back through the levels battling creatures that are the same level to which they deleveled, you'd have no problem with it?  In other words if I'm level 1800 and delevel myself to lvl 1400 I should be required to go back to level 1400 and kill creatures in each ensuing level to get back to 1800?  Is that it?  

That is exactly it. If people want to 'replay' those levels to add more gxp, then they should have to do it properly. Not sit and smash one creature ad infinitum.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#55 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

While I seem to be on the pro side of deleveling . This is something that I could agree with. If your 1800 and deleve to 1400, you get booted from the realm you are in (if you fall below 20 levels of that realms level) and returned to mountain path ... where you then have to go to the 1400 map to hunt again

#56 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

No bigger of a loop hole than ganging up on some level 200 and take what little bit of gold he hunts for and hunding him out of this game simply because a guild wants his little pot of gold....Instead of whining about the leveling/deleveling of players that have nowhere to go let`s figure out a way to get new players in this game instead of running them out of it..

+1 Ran out of likes

#57 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:15

It seems that there are a couple of very LOUD voices saying that they do not like this ability to get a lot of xp from just one creature.  Does a person who is doing this have an unfair advantage over someone else?  Couldn't ANYONE do this?  And if so, how is it an advantage for one person more than for another.  I must be missing out on the true point here because I sound like I have no idea what I'm talking about or what the real problem truly is.  so what IS IT, really that people are opposed to?  Can someone please tell me like I'm 6 years old? 

#58 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:16

While I seem to be on the pro side of deleveling . This is something that I could agree with. If your 1800 and deleve to 1400, you get booted from the realm you are in (if you fall below 20 levels of that realms level) and returned to mountain path ... where you then have to go to the 1400 map to hunt again

This was the point of my creature stat modifier idea. Although except it didn't boot you off a map, just made the creature nigh on impossible to defeat. Yet you would still be able to defend a higher tier relic or kill a Se (assuming you had a mega group)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#59 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:19

This was the point of my creature stat modifier idea. Although except it didn't boot you off a map, just made the creature nigh on impossible to defeat. Yet you would still be able to defend a higher tier relic or kill a Se (assuming you had a mega group)

I dont really see a way where you could make this viable. Its a good idea, but with 100% wither pots and , smashing hammer 250 , global potions etc. People are going to easily find a way to one hit. Even if you add some amazing formula there are creatures out there that have very skewed stats , so its just a matter of finding the right creature. On my last hunt (70 ish levels) there were a handful of creatures that had like 1k armor and 30k hp with some big attack stat or w/e. Point is , I dont see this working...

Edited by Placeboo, 09 December 2013 - 19:20.

#60 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:22

Why are we even wasting time with this. EOC has No Where to go so we simply delevel to use our pots, we even use Sac. as the gold is not much use either. The ones complaining are the ones that want that EASY fsp that we offer per bounty and when they continually 10 stam us we finally Rebounty them. If they would spread the 10 stam clears out there would be no problem.

Let`s try something constructive here like getting new members to stay. I know at level 1 and up i was continually hounded by others to get that little bit of gold i needed to buy upgrades or gear with and if I had no way of buying fsp I would have quit this game.

Go back Cow and see just how many have now and did leave this game over this.

Take away what little bit of fun those that survived this low level crap and what do we do then????

One thing about it is I made it here and I dont care about levels or losing my gold now.....RED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: