Photo

Lowering tier 2+ mats prices at vendors?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MaskedOne

MaskedOne

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:14

I just started crafting bronze weapons and it is just so expensive for me using the lv 2 mats being lv 17 to even craft and get my skills up.  I think it encourages people to rapidly level up too as fast as they can because it's so expensive to and I don't think it's a good idea.

Is there any way we could lower the prices at the merchants for the 2+ tiers to make things easier for us? I don't like rushing for high levels but if low levels like me were to do the crafting they'd use all their gold just getting their crafting skills up.  But the first tier of mats like weak flux and abrasive polish and others are so cheap you can easily make a profit off of it but there's no money to be made for the higher tiers.  There's not much money to be made either selling them to other players so tier 1 mats seem to be more profitable than the others because the mats are so expensive.  

I think it would help a lot for the lower levels if the lv 2+ mats were lowered in price to help us either not lose gold or to get some easier.  What does everybody think?

Gathering skills:  Crystal Cutting: 12   Farming: 10   Fishing: 8  Foraging: 8  Forestry: 16  Prospecting: 23  Skinning: 9

Crafting skills:  Alchemy: 7  Armorsmithing: 13  Cooking: 12   Jewelry: 9  Leatherworking: 5  Tailoring: 6 Weaponsmithing: 15

Need any crafting or gathering services? Ask me in game.  Mainly on U.S server

Warrior damager type.  Have fun!  :D

#2 Hab

Hab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:19

The feels, Auron :(

#3 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:22

if you really have problems just sell a very small amount of the gathered products you have to player ...

100 bronze bars sell for ~8g ... which will set you up with enough gold to craft for ages on T2 mats.

And also you get small profit with selling the weapons you craft ... (at least thats what i experienced) ... perhaps not at lvl 16, but at lvl 18 - 20 for sure - need like 10-15s to craft and sell it for 15+

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#4 Samppa

Samppa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:32

+1 to this idea. Crafted items NEEDS to be worth more when sold to vendor for example.

Supporter of more F2P Eldevin

* Make EP points bound!

* Improved Basket
* Removal of Gold Selling in Shop!

* More reasonable skill prices!

* Unembed Gems cost gold instead

Copy & Paste this to your signature if you agree with me. Topic: http://forums.hunted...646#entry846502

#5 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:49

+1 to this idea. Crafted items NEEDS to be worth more when sold to vendor for example.

from my point of view they are ... And i dont drop the idea of crafting needs money ... otherwise there is nothing in the game you need money for anyway

I would like if crafting is very expensive to a given point, from where on you can make profit ...

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#6 Samppa

Samppa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:26

Well, there is more bigger and fatal problems that ruin the economy, this is not one of them.

Supporter of more F2P Eldevin

* Make EP points bound!

* Improved Basket
* Removal of Gold Selling in Shop!

* More reasonable skill prices!

* Unembed Gems cost gold instead

Copy & Paste this to your signature if you agree with me. Topic: http://forums.hunted...646#entry846502

#7 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 February 2014 - 13:00

Well I know crafted items sell for just at 5% to vendors.. Regular dropped items sell for 20-25% this came from one of the devs... I also know it cost 1 silver to make 1 bronze bar. As Lagenia says sell some of the stuff it helps off set the cost.... Also the junk drops from killing Mobs at these lower levels gives enough money to support the crafting Mats...

And they did lower the Mats cost for T1 stuff... Sorry but I don't see the need for dropping the prices....

Edited by Shylark57, 06 February 2014 - 13:01.

#8 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 14:44

This isn't necessary. If you're going to do straight up professions as a low level, you're going to be loosing money. That's how it should work.

There are a few steps you can take to have a smoother experience on your pocket:

- Buy EP and sell it for Gold to players.

- Sell raw materials for money.

- Level up to gain access to decent "fair farming".

- Try your luck with a chest or two, if you get a community desired item sell it for some nice profit.

• Ben likes this

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#9 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 14:45

I am pretty sure the lvl 16 item that needs 10 Bronze Bars sells for 13s - or am i wrong? ... i cant go online right now else i would have tested it ... but im pretty sure you make even if its perhaps a 0 profit business, no money loose ... and the higher you get the more profit you make (but crafting in masses isnt there for pushing your money - crafting in masses is for pushing your experience ... and for my point of view getting experienced in something should cost you something)

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#10 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 14:48

I am pretty sure the lvl 16 item that needs 10 Bronze Bars sells for 13s - or am i wrong? ... i cant go online right now else i would have tested it ... but im pretty sure you make even if its perhaps a 0 profit business, no money loose ... and the higher you get the more profit you make (but crafting in masses isnt there for pushing your money - crafting in masses is for pushing your experience ... and for my point of view getting experienced in something should cost you something)

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#11 MaskedOne

MaskedOne

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 18:13

Well why make the tier 1 mats so cheap? If what you guys are saying is true then the price of them should be raised because it's easy to make a profit off of them.  I guess I won't do more crafting then til I get to lv 30 or so where it's easier to make gold but I didn't really want to have to do that.  I'll just get everything to 16 if possible then stop to level up a lot.  Thanks for the input. 

Gathering skills:  Crystal Cutting: 12   Farming: 10   Fishing: 8  Foraging: 8  Forestry: 16  Prospecting: 23  Skinning: 9

Crafting skills:  Alchemy: 7  Armorsmithing: 13  Cooking: 12   Jewelry: 9  Leatherworking: 5  Tailoring: 6 Weaponsmithing: 15

Need any crafting or gathering services? Ask me in game.  Mainly on U.S server

Warrior damager type.  Have fun!  :D

#12 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:06

Tier 1 mats are so cheap, to get people into the crafting process and show them how it actually works. How much do you sell lvl 16 crafts for? isnt it more than 13s? if its 13s+ you dont loose money and the higher your level gets, the more profit you make.

I can only say it for sure for jewelcrafting i made ~2g profit / 100 rings with ~lvl 28 crafts ... ~20s it was at lvl 16 ... and from the time i leveld the vendor prices for crafted items got allready raised, so you make probably more now.

Not sure how it is for weapons, as i didnt check the sell value i just sold it as i have 10k+ gold sitting around :P

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#13 ValiaS

ValiaS

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:29

Tier 1 mats prices were lowered recently to help out the beginners.

I haven't ran the numbers recently, but I never actually had much of a problem financing my crafting (Skinning & Leatherworking mostly). I didn't even have much of a problem while the prices for T1 were higher at vendors. Try shifting your perspective a bit, away from strict collect-craft-sell-> profit and I'm sure you'll find a way that works for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: